Antonio Rudiger

Cholo

4 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Miazga and Clarke-Salter are also out of contract in the summer. 

Matt wanted to move on last summer but seemingly was unable to find an acceptable deal. Must be strong odds on that he'll be gone this year and the same for Jake in all probability.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

2 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Matt wanted to move on last summer but seemingly was unable to find an acceptable deal. Must be strong odds on that he'll be gone this year and the same for Jake in all probability.

This sign and loan policy is going to go strait into the bin with the new owners I imagine. 

These wages we are covering for useless players no doubt contributed to the debt we continue to see at this club. 

12 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

This sign and loan policy is going to go strait into the bin with the new owners I imagine. 

These wages we are covering for useless players no doubt contributed to the debt we continue to see at this club. 

Adding to this, look at the below examples: Danny Drinkwater and Matt Miazga. Both out of contract in the summer and we are getting zero resale value. 

Miazga - Bought for £3.5 million, £3.5 million in wages for 4.5 years. £7 million total. 

Drinkater - Bought for £30 million, £31.2 million in wages for 5 years. £61.2 million total. 

Almost a £70 million loss in the span of 5 seasons for just two players. Two players who genuinely, genuinely offered this club nothing. This is just two players taken from the massive loan list we have of players who are leeching this club. It's no wonder we are in tremendous debt and I hope the new owners put an end to this blasphemy. 

45 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Adding to this, look at the below examples: Danny Drinkwater and Matt Miazga. Both out of contract in the summer and we are getting zero resale value. 

Miazga - Bought for £3.5 million, £3.5 million in wages for 4.5 years. £7 million total. 

Drinkater - Bought for £30 million, £31.2 million in wages for 5 years. £61.2 million total. 

Almost a £70 million loss in the span of 5 seasons for just two players. Two players who genuinely, genuinely offered this club nothing. This is just two players taken from the massive loan list we have of players who are leeching this club. It's no wonder we are in tremendous debt and I hope the new owners put an end to this blasphemy. 

Drunkwater transfer fee was £35m

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41119060

55 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Very limited smaple. Drinkie was obviously a bust. Miazga fetched a bit of loan fees, so was just a botched part of our cash cow loan around strategy. Will probably be abolished soon due to the cap on loaned out palyers.

4 hours ago, Vesper said:

why is that?

is he not fully recovered?

He's only started two of the six games since his return and on both occasions he was left out for the following game. Could be that he's getting back up to speed but he's been back a while now.

18 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

He's only started two of the six games since his return and on both occasions he was left out for the following game. Could be that he's getting back up to speed but he's been back a while now.

'Best I've seen': Club's head of football operations says 19-year-old Chelsea prospect will play for England

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/club-news/best-ive-seen-clubs-head-of-football-operations-says-19-year-old-Chelsea-prospect-will-play-for-england/

Birmingham City v Huddersfield Town - Sky Bet Championship

Chelsea prospect Levi Colwill is being tipped to play for England in the future.

Colwill, who’s with England’s Under-21s during the current international break, is a highly-rated talent to develop in the Blues academy at Cobham. He’s even been named this week in the top 50 best young prospects in world football.

The 19-year-old’s getting his first taste of senior football with an excellent season-long loan spell at Championship club Huddersfield Town this term.

He’s a left-footed centre-back that’s bossing it in the Championship, so many Chelsea supporters are hopeful he can break into the first-team squad at Stamford Bridge when he returns from his loan.

Leigh Bromby, who’s Huddersfield’s head of football operations, has given a glowing verdict on Colwill after watching him. He’s predicting the teenager will at some stage make it into Chelsea’s first team and the senior England squad, too

“He has been excellent and is not only a credit to himself but Chelsea, with the way they work with players and prepare them. The way he has fit into the dressing room has been unbelievable,” Leigh Bromby said.

“The players and staff really like him and love working with him. He’s looking to improve and working to get better. Talent-wise, for his age, he is the best I’ve seen when I’ve either been playing or coaching.

“The chances, for me, are so high that he will go back and play for Chelsea and England.”

7 hours ago, Vesper said:

'Best I've seen': Club's head of football operations says 19-year-old Chelsea prospect will play for England

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/club-news/best-ive-seen-clubs-head-of-football-operations-says-19-year-old-Chelsea-prospect-will-play-for-england/

Birmingham City v Huddersfield Town - Sky Bet Championship

Chelsea prospect Levi Colwill is being tipped to play for England in the future.

Colwill, who’s with England’s Under-21s during the current international break, is a highly-rated talent to develop in the Blues academy at Cobham. He’s even been named this week in the top 50 best young prospects in world football.

The 19-year-old’s getting his first taste of senior football with an excellent season-long loan spell at Championship club Huddersfield Town this term.

He’s a left-footed centre-back that’s bossing it in the Championship, so many Chelsea supporters are hopeful he can break into the first-team squad at Stamford Bridge when he returns from his loan.

Leigh Bromby, who’s Huddersfield’s head of football operations, has given a glowing verdict on Colwill after watching him. He’s predicting the teenager will at some stage make it into Chelsea’s first team and the senior England squad, too

“He has been excellent and is not only a credit to himself but Chelsea, with the way they work with players and prepare them. The way he has fit into the dressing room has been unbelievable,” Leigh Bromby said.

“The players and staff really like him and love working with him. He’s looking to improve and working to get better. Talent-wise, for his age, he is the best I’ve seen when I’ve either been playing or coaching.

“The chances, for me, are so high that he will go back and play for Chelsea and England.”

This echoes what the fans are saying about Levi. They are baffled that he hasn't been starting but the fact remains that he hasn't been.

They are as thoroughly hypocritical as you would expect any set of football fans to be by the way. On the one hand, they boast that their club has been good for Levi, as well as for other CFC loanees, so they argue Chelsea should let Levi return to Huddersfield next season. Especially if the go up. On the other hand they see Chelsea as destroying football with the loan system and we should be banned from doing it.

10 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

This echoes what the fans are saying about Levi. They are baffled that he hasn't been starting but the fact remains that he hasn't been.

They are as thoroughly hypocritical as you would expect any set of football fans to be by the way. On the one hand, they boast that their club has been good for Levi, as well as for other CFC loanees, so they argue Chelsea should let Levi return to Huddersfield next season. Especially if the go up. On the other hand they see Chelsea as destroying football with the loan system and we should be banned from doing it.

The loan system concerning national loans of young players will probably never cease to exist. Clubs could just have other clubs buy their players and have a contract in place that allows them to rebuy the player for a fixed amount a year or two later. As long as all parties are in agreement, I do not see how the loan system is unethical or harmful. The debate is driven by a lot of hypocrisy, envy and hate

Barca’s President has been saying over and over again for weeks now that they can’t afford to pay any signings this summer huge wages or it could cripple them.

So you mean to tell me they can afford Rüdiger’s apparently huge salary ask but we can’t? For fucks sake, we’re seriously going to lose a world class CB for free… 🤦‍♂️

Our captain Azpi, the heart and soul of the team Rüdiger, and a solid, ball playing CB in AC all going for free in the same window and to the same club. That would be worth like well north of £100m if they were on the market with longer contracts.

Pretty disgraceful management at board level.

6 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

Surprising that Bayern are out. German, would cost nothing, exactly type of player Bayern like to sign and now Süle will leave for free.

They cannot match Rüdigers demands or what?

the Bavarians told him to fuck off with his 30m euro signing bonus

• 4 weeks later...

Losing two starting CB’s in their primes on free transfers in the same summer. Possibly the most shocking contract management imaginable.

Now in addition to a total overhaul of our attack we’ll also need a total rebuild of our defense. All under new ownership who may not make the funds necessary to do so.

Finishing top 4 next season will be extraordinarily difficult. Forget about a title challenge.