Antonio Rudiger

Cholo

Of course I would have rather kept him, but you have to accept he is moving on. Real Madrid is the biggest club in the world which is heavily investing again and given the sanctions he is searching for a more stable environment. I will only remember him very fondly, especially for the last two seasons.

The positive note is that we got him relatively cheap and probably got his best years out of him. Giving a 29 year old player a big long-term contract might backfire anyway. He relies heavily on his physical attributes and the moment he loses his physical capabilities or we revert to a back-four he might be become the player he was under Lampard again. Remember Essien for example. When he lost his power and energy after his injuries he became a very average player post 2010, given he hadn´t that much to offer on the ball. The same is happening to Kante this season, even though to a lesser extent so far. 

There is nobody in the roster that can replace Rudiger - will need to sign someone if we want to have the same quality in defense.

Chalobah is a promising physical player, but he's currently nowhere Rudiger's level and it's a monumental challenge to get there.

Make no mistake, Rudiger's recent form (year and a half?) makes him one of the top CBs in the world. 

If they (RudigerXChristensen)  don’t want to be here  give an opportunity to someone who does

like Chalobah and Colwill 

we still remember what happened to  Hazard after his dream move to Spain  so not many have been better after leaving Chelsea 🙃

Edited by milka

14 minutes ago, milka said:

If they (RudigerXChristensen)  don’t want to be here  give an opportunity to someone who does

we still remember what happened to  Hazard after his dream move to Spain  so not many have been better after leaving Chelsea 🙃

Hazard's move was agreed by everybody a year before it happened.
Never  mind the rest - fortunes of football.
But Rudiger is a Judas Iscariot.

5 hours ago, milka said:

It's not about who he plays for, he's just a whore goes to who pays him what he and his hangers on want.

I am not going to bash Rudiger

we were assholes trying to lowball him (compared to what other top CB's make) and now with all this Roman nightmare

people do not want to hear it, BUT Roman can still fuck us up and refuse to sell to yanks/brits, so we end up in court for ages, and are frozen out from all player business

and it is Real

they are the biggest club in the world

they are getting Mbappe

they may well get Tchouameni

they WILL come for Reece next summer (2023, and I so hope not this one) and even if they fail, may well go and bring Hakimi back (who is more their style anyway) I WISH they would go all out for TAA and leave us the fuck alone.

I doubt they do Håland, as there is no way they will bench the 2nd best (atm, and you COULD make an argument, right now, THE best) CF on the planet. Benz may well have 2 more crazy top years left in him. He seems pretty ageless, like Lewa and going toward Zlatan level in terms of longevity.

I can see them down the road going for Theo (bringing him back as well) or even poaching Davies from Bayern, to sort their LB out. The other LB option, which i can so see, would be Nuno Mendes from PSG. I find it just insane that Mendy is ranked as the 3rd most valuable LB on the planet. He is so limited offensively and blows hot and cold defensively. He is like a slightly better, left footed version of AWB for Manure.

so, all said,

nope,

not going to bash Rudiger

sorry

Edited by Vesper

Lampard almost sold him to Spurs. 2021 Porto wouldn't have happened if Rudiger wasn't around for the CL run. I can understand why he's leaving. 

Edited by Strike

17 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I think we'll actually feel the loss of Christensen in ways just as much as Rudiger.

Christensen is the only other player who currently looks comfortable playing in the middle besides Silva, which potentially creates an issue next season as not only do we really need to find 2 centre backs that will flank Silva but we also need probably one of them to be able to deputise and maybe even replace Silva after next season in the same way Christensen had been. 

I don't think we can find 3 CBs. Reece will fill in and we bring in a pacy wingback.

Don't want to be a hater, I respect all the good stuff he did, but couldn't be less bothered about him leaving. 
I feel like some people started to believe the marketing spiel of his management and convinced themselves he's top tier CB. Yeah, in one very particular formation under one very particular manager, given he's having a good day. 

Until recently, a massive part of this board wanted him to go for years, he had massive flops and rather fussy mentality often. And all this saga was only about the money, not the takeover bs or sport reasons. I respect that, but even more couldn't care less. 

We must aim higher instead of deluding ourselves and settling on what we've got because it kinda works sometimes. 

Thanks man and good luck, but personally I'm not going to cry and panic as some would. 

6 hours ago, Vesper said:

I am not going to bash Rudiger

we were assholes trying to lowball him (compared to what other top CB's make) and now with all this Roman nightmare

people do not want to hear it, BUT Roman can still fuck us up and refuse to sell to yanks/brits, so we end up in court for ages, and are frozen out from all player business

and it is Real

they are the biggest club in the world

they are getting Mbappe

they may well get Tchouameni

they WILL come for Reece next summer (2023, and I so hope not this one) and even if they fail, may well go and bring Hakimi back (who is more their style anyway) I WISH they would go all out for TAA and leave us the fuck alone.

I doubt they do Håland, as there is no way they will bench the 2nd best (atm, and you COULD make an argument, right now, THE best) CF on the planet. Benz may well have 2 more crazy top years left in him. He seems pretty ageless, like Lewa and going toward Zlatan level in terms of longevity.

I can see them down the road going for Theo (bringing him back as well) or even poaching Davies from Bayern, to sort their LB out. The other LB option, which i can so see, would be Nuno Mendes from PSG. I find it just insane that Mendy is ranked as the 3rd most valuable LB on the planet. He is so limited offensively and blows hot and cold defensively. He is like a slightly better, left footed version of AWB for Manure.

so, all said,

nope,

not going to bash Rudiger

sorry

As I said I 'm not saying the club should or should n't pay him what he wants, but who is he talking with right now ?
Ghosts ?
Why can't he wait just a few more weeks for the new owner ?
So he 's a Judas.
If Lukaku was bashed for an interview what should we say about him ?

Edited by cosmicway

1 hour ago, cosmicway said:

As I said I 'm not saying the club should or should n't pay him what he wants, but who is he talking with right now ?
Ghosts ?
Why can't he wait just a few more weeks for the new owner ?
So he 's a Judas.
If Lukaku was bashed for an interview what should we say about him ?

Lukaku gets bashed not just for the interview for itself but the way he carried himself after. Lack of effort, blaming his teammates for his shortcomings and almost inevitably causing locker room tension.

Rudiger has still gave his all despite the uncertainty and unless that changes then he's done nothing to warrant any ill feeling.

9 hours ago, Tomo said:

Lukaku gets bashed not just for the interview for itself but the way he carried himself after. Lack of effort, blaming his teammates for his shortcomings and almost inevitably causing locker room tension.

Rudiger has still gave his all despite the uncertainty and unless that changes then he's done nothing to warrant any ill feeling.

Lukaku is doing what he can, which is n't enough of course.
How do you know he is causing locker room tension ? Are you present in the locker room ?
Rudiger is a Judas.

10 hours ago, Special Juan said:

One of the reason's I never fall in love with players, they come and they go, couldn't give a shit in all honesty.

Good luck to him, no sleep lost.

yup!
I've known professional footballers in Brazil -- some even famous -- and with VERY few exceptions, their mindset is very much the same as ours concerning jobs. Do you think twice when getting an offer with a significantly higher pay raise? Do their spouses, friends, and agents chime in?

That's what it's called being a "professional" footballer.