The Conte Thread

24 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Chelsea still want to sign up to four more players before the transfer window shuts, including central defender Kalidou Koulibaly.

https://twitter.com/Matt_Law_DT

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/08/12/antonio-conte-says-transfer-market-is-crazy-after-chelsea-are-le/

It seems we might panic and buy crappy players like last season. Because Napoli don't want to sell Kalidou.

29 minutes ago, Ryan Fong said:

We've already been linked to numerous, unless this guy can provide some credible sources otherwise he is just another attention seeking whore.

13 minutes ago, The Chels said:

Confirmed :lol:

Nah Nizaar is a good guy. Actually it was him who got these quotes from Koulibaly agent.

July 2015 - "Chelsea's failure to strengthen their squad this summer could lead to tensions at Stamford Bridge" #CFC

Chelsea's lack of signings will worry Jose Mourinho

August 2016 - "Antonio Conte has expressed his frustration about Chelsea’s lack of transfer activity." #CFC

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/conte-frustrated-by-lack-of-new-signings-tm66fc5mw

:(:fist:<_<

15 hours ago, Ryan Fong said:

But still, what he said is meaningless. Join us or stay, it's like saying a person is either man or woman.

He meant that if Koulibaly does move from Napoli it will only be for Chelsea. Is it meanigless when this very forum shat themself when Arsenal and (especially) Everton were mentioned ? Plus the floating stories that Mourinho is looking for another CB.

Just now, Pizy said:

Yep, was just thinking the exact same thing when I saw this tweet. Just like last summer, Conte will have given the club a list of targets and our board just can't get anything done. They're penny pinching and looking for discounts.

Also like last summer I feel well panic buy towards the deadline. Let's just hope we at least panic buy good players this time.

I'm not optimistic...

He meant that if Koulibaly does move from Napoli it will only be for Chelsea. Is it meanigless when this very forum shat themself when Arsenal and (especially) Everton were mentioned ? Plus the floating stories that Mourinho is looking for another CB.

Fair enough mate, but to me it's either he joins us or not, whether he stays or joins other teams the consequence for us is the same, that is we miss a much needed quality defender.

I like Conte alot. He seems to have all the passion,fire,temperment as Mou but with a likeable character. I cant see vinegar tits invading his box to give him a love tap. But I can see him shredding one of our lads a new one when hes coming off from being sub'd!

If we get the few transfers we need then I'm off to the bookies to have a few more quid on us. I'm still excited until I see different.

30 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

July 2015 - "Chelsea's failure to strengthen their squad this summer could lead to tensions at Stamford Bridge" #CFC

August 2016 - "Antonio Conte has expressed his frustration about Chelsea’s lack of transfer activity." #CFC

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/conte-frustrated-by-lack-of-new-signings-tm66fc5mw

The source is awful.

45 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

If this is true he should just walk away. 

Don't understand why managers want to put up with this incompetent board? 

Any quotes from that article or is this the typical narrative the media is following on from after our poor season and somewhat limited transfer activity? He told the press yesterday the market is tough at the moment because of the crazy fees, so I assume this is what the article means by "frustrated"