The Conte Thread

I said it before and say it again, the best thing about Mourinho woeful season is that it got rid of Mourinho shadow. 

For many years no one stack to Mourinho, but after last season he set the lowest standards ever in the Roman era. 

And that finally put to rest that shadow that hang around the club and incoming managers. 

After last season I really hope the club sees thing different and lower their standards for incoming managers. And maybe this will work in favor of Conte. 

But again only if the club back the manager in the transfer window and not make stupid buys. If they are cutting back in transfer then they should seriously cut back their standards for the team. 

3 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:

13901456_10207273262458343_6899851944484

WHAT

I thought there were mixed messages coming out of the press conference on Friday.

On the up side, "We're waiting, we have a plan", is encouraging and to my mind translates as; bids are in,the door has not been closed on them so there's hope but, in case they don't come to fruition, we also have a plan B with perhaps a plan C and more backing that up.That all sounds very organised and sensible, especialy if we are involved in one or more of these transfer chains where our link has already been agreed in principle and we're just waiting for the the other pieces to come together....

On the other hand, Antonio's body language did not suggest any great confidence that anything was actually going to come off. There was no sense that he was trying to conceal any deals he knew were very likely to happen. Quite the opposite if anything.

46 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I thought there were mixed messages coming out of the press conference on Friday.

On the up side, "We're waiting, we have a plan", is encouraging and to my mind translates as; bids are in,the door has not been closed on them so there's hope but, in case they don't come to fruition, we also have a plan B with perhaps a plan C and more backing that up.That all sounds very organised and sensible, especialy if we are involved in one or more of these transfer chains where our link has already been agreed in principle and we're just waiting for the the other pieces to come together....

On the other hand, Antonio's body language did not suggest any great confidence that anything was actually going to come off. There was no sense that he was trying to conceal any deals he knew were very likely to happen. Quite the opposite if anything.

It's just too late for the big name signings. Unless their club already got a replacement, they simply won't let them go for anything but an absurd amount of money.

At this point, the most attainable players are aspiring/younger ones, but even those, the better ones, have been moving to other clubs.

Sadly this squad as it is simply can't challenge for anything and is a couple of injuries away from another fiasco.

I honestly never seen anything like it... you can compare us to liverpool or arsenal, but when they had their down seasons, they still had abundance of players: all they needed was a couple of youngsters deliver to challenge (like liverpool did at one point). We on the other hand, do not have the number of youngsters (to play the odds) and neither do we have the overall quality in the senior players. 

4 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:

WHAT

It's called 'clickbait', there's nothing substantial enough to prove it. It's basically your average '£200m warchest' situation. 

I thought you off all people would appreciate that :lol: 

6 hours ago, LDN Blue said:

It's called 'clickbait', there's nothing substantial enough to prove it. It's basically your average '£200m warchest' situation. 

I thought you off all people would appreciate that :lol: 

Lol...

I knew that...

Just checked your reaction. :)

WOWWW!!
So Costas getting 30,Lukakus gotta get 20+, Bats 15.
Wonder what Eden and the rest of the lads gonna get between them?
Leagues ours!

This summer we have signed the best CM in the league, a forward with huge potential and are actively chasing the best defender attainable to us.

If we pull Kalidou off we have signed a new top spine that will serve us for the next six years, and we still have people constantly bashing the board for no reason.

Id be genuinely worried for some people if we operated on a transfer committee like Liverpool do, imagine this place if we signed Klavan and a late 90s Arsenal reject? :blink::drunk:

3 hours ago, Tomo said:

This summer we have signed the best CM in the league, a forward with huge potential and are actively chasing the best defender attainable to us.

If we pull Kalidou off we have signed a new top spine that will serve us for the next six years, and we still have people constantly bashing the board for no reason.

Id be genuinely worried for some people if we operated on a transfer committee like Liverpool do, imagine this place if we signed Klavan and a late 90s Arsenal reject? :blink::drunk:

We also need a natural LB and move Cesar to his natural RB position. Im sick of playing right footed full backs on the left. We sold Luis with him only starting a handful of games and told Baba his to attacking -_-.

Let's just pay the money and get Rodriguez. Would suit us very nicely.

On 8/4/2016 at 8:22 PM, The Skipper said:

I'd be more willing to give Batshuayi a chance than sign Lukaku to be honest. We need another attacking player, but it doesn't necessarily have to be a pure striker like Lukaku. I wouldn't mind if we signed a top winger and moved Hazard central as a second striker, for example. 

Yeah but an injury to Bats and if Diego sulks around all season again and we'l be well short. Having said that I guess we dont have europe (man that's gonna be hard to get used to!) so dont need as big a squad

1 hour ago, skottytee said:

Yeah but an injury to Bats and if Diego sulks around all season again and we'l be well short. Having said that I guess we dont have europe (man that's gonna be hard to get used to!) so dont need as big a squad

I think Lukaku will be a good move for him and us. With Conte hopefully going to use 2 up front at times this season having him and Diego would be devestating. And Bats in on as sub on rotation would keep everyone happy and fresh. Plus it will give Costa the push e needs as hes always been assured of starting. 2 other great strikers will make sure hes trying. Plus Costas looking happier (and healthier) than I've seen him.

Im happy with oiur wingers. Eden and Moses buth different but are going to be on fire. Cuadrado IMHO is more attack minded than Willian and likes staying wide plus getting behind defenders..

We get that CB and LB sorted and I see us being in the mix up at the end.

3 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I think Lukaku will be a good move for him and us. With Conte hopefully going to use 2 up front at times this season having him and Diego would be devestating. And Bats in on as sub on rotation would keep everyone happy and fresh. Plus it will give Costa the push e needs as hes always been assured of starting. 2 other great strikers will make sure hes trying. Plus Costas looking happier (and healthier) than I've seen him.

Im happy with oiur wingers. Eden and Moses buth different but are going to be on fire. Cuadrado IMHO is more attack minded than Willian and likes staying wide plus getting behind defenders..

We get that CB and LB sorted and I see us being in the mix up at the end.

Yeah defo a couple of key defenders short. Everyone banging on about Utd and City, let us remind them we are the team to beat. Pep has only managed in a one or two team league before, Jose seemed to be losing his marbles a bit last season. Why not us?

3 minutes ago, skottytee said:

Yeah defo a couple of key defenders short. Everyone banging on about Utd and City, let us remind them we are the team to beat. Pep has only managed in a one or two team league before, Jose seemed to be losing his marbles a bit last season. Why not us?

Youre preaching to the converted bruv., I'll be screaming my damned fool head off tonight. Be off soon to get the vocal chords well lubricated. 1st game of the season n all they're a bit rusty!  Show these fuckin Pikeys whos in charge of London!