The Conte Thread

Just now, Tomo said:

We have perfectly suitable alternatives for Cahill and while Drinkwater isn't Lampard he's a much better option than Baka.

We have only one alternative in Rudiger who is good but not great. And Danny wasn't so sharp against the likes of Norwich and Newcastle, I don't think he would fix everything. And even if they were excellent players, one injury could fuck up everything for the manager and you're stuck again with the worse players, not to mention the need to rotate at times.

Just now, Tomo said:

Maybe, but if so it's up to us to identify who the "next Poch" is, i did think Marco Silva was the next one to step up to the top 6 but the way he lost the plot at Watford has given me severe doubts.

I'll still be looking at him to be honest. Nagelsmann and Hasenhuttl are also interesting options from the Bundesliga. Jardim will be my first choice right now. 

Since we can no longer compete financially with the world's top clubs, its only logical we start to go for managers that can bring through our youth. We don't need managers right now that cast envious glances on how much Guardiola and Mourinho are able to spend. Conte doesn't understand this isn't 2005 anymore.

It's a source of great embarrasment when I look at Spurs with the likes of Kane, Alli and Dier and after winning back to back European youth cups the best our manager can show for it is 10 mins here and there. 

So Jardim, Tuchel and Nagelsmann in that order. d for the Bayee

Conte says it is easy to play when there is great confidence, but to play in a great club and at moment like this, you must show personalty. He says he takes responsibility as maybe he chose the wrong starting 11. #WATCHE

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Conte: "I am not worried about my job. I work every day, and I give 120%. If this is not enough then it is OK... No, I am not worried. Tomorrow is another day. I can be Chelsea coach or not. My soul is clear. I go to sleep without a problem."

Conte is asked if he has the support of the players: "Do you think a club can decide to sack a coach if there isn't support of the players? I think only here you think this. You think players have this power? This is wrong."

3 minutes ago, Azpinator said:

He has conceded 34 and 40 goals in his 2 seasons in the Bundesliga respectively.

Doesn't look a lot if you look at the overall numbers but it's the manner in which his Dortmund side concede them. And by the way fellas, Tuchel also struggled in his second season with them. Struggled all year away from home and only just scraped into the top 4. Won't get away with that that easily in the Premier League.

People complaining about Tuchel defensively. Fair enough. But he's never had Kante, Azpi, Christensen, etc. He could look much better with these players.

Also, even City have shown that they can be shite at the back if you get after them. Liverpool likewise. Barca and Real Madrid are shit at the back. It's all about being so good going forward that it doesn't matter.

I'd happily trade a bit of defensive solidity for world class attacking football like City and Liverpool play. Hell, Spuds are normally solid as a rock defensively and still play great football. It can be done.

Tuchel is the best available option. Reason why he's apparently Bayern's choice to take over eventually. Or he'll go to somewhere like Arsenal. Get him while we might actually be able to.

10 minutes ago, milka said:

Manager sacked -

New manager brings success -

New manager doesn't get the targets he wants -

Bad results -

New manager sacked -

Repeat

Chelsea Football Club .

:)

Like they say.. Whole thing about madness... Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result...one day it has to pay off surely. 

This must be costing so much. Give a short contract from now on

I've heard he's a defensive nightmare
Reminds me of Martinez. Not someone we should be going after.

Sarri is the candidate for me long term but only if he is guaranteed players of his choice. We don't need another puppet at this point

16 minutes ago, Mana said:

Barcelona and Real Madrid do this ALOT. Zidane is going to get sacked at the end of the season, unless he wins CL for the third year in a row mark my words.

Yes, they changed manager after they have reached their peak. Enrique and Zidane both have won the UCL and league.

We are not Real and Barca, they could buy any player they want, they don't even need manager sometimes.

We are Chelsea, at the most competitive Premier league ever. We are in danger to go mid-table next season. And what's the worst that could happen to Real/Barca? Finishing third in a league? :(