The Conte Thread

20 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

He’s right though, no matter what he says or does there are you guys to criticize him. It doesn’t matter that he wants what we want, you keep condemning the man who wants Chelsea to show some ambition.
You guys are so fickle. Most of you sound like the journalists out there who work tirelessly to destabilize the club.
And I’m sorry but to be a supporter means to support the club. The club is the staff, players and manager. If you can’t show support in time of need don’t call yourself a supporter, you’re probably closer to a fan or fanboy.

For the record, I never said I disagreed with him. I'm just tired of Conte repeating the same old thing every week till the point it sounds like he's complaining and he couldn't give a shit anymore. It's even worse when he does it after a bad result because it only adds further negative vibes around the team. Also, funny you mentioned about other destabilizing the club when Conte constantly gives ammunition to the media to do so on weekly basis.

For the record, I never said I disagreed with him. I'm just tired of Conte repeating the same old thing every week till the point it sounds like he's complaining and he couldn't give a shit anymore. It's even worse when he does it after a bad result because it only adds further negative vibes around the team. Also, funny you mentioned about other destabilizing the club when Conte constantly gives ammunition to the media to do so on weekly basis.

If you’re asked the same questions week after week after week you expect the answer to change?

The guy is honest and says what he means, if the media find ways to spin stories it’s up to you to figure out how he intended it. I watch all his pressers so I get a clear understanding of what he means. You should do the same.

Just now, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

If you’re asked the same questions week after week after week you expect the answer to change?

The guy is honest and says what he means, if the media find ways to spin stories it’s up to you to figure out how he intended it. I watch all his pressers so I get a clear understanding of what he means. You should do the same.

Don't have to because it's the same crap every week, from the journalists and manager. It's bloody obvious and the point here isn't even about understanding what he says! If he's getting asked the same thing every week, why not just say 'I've answered this last week. I will not say any thing more' or something along those lines? Yet, he keeps feeding the journalists with his unhappiness about things and sometimes, adds more to what he's said in previous weeks.

Don't have to because it's the same crap every week, from the journalists and manager. It's bloody obvious and the point here isn't even about understanding what he says! If he's getting asked the same thing every week, why not just say 'I've answered this last week. I will not say any thing more' or something along those lines? Yet, he keeps feeding the journalists with his unhappiness about things and sometimes, adds more to what he's said in previous weeks.

He’s said that many times as well and the same questions keep coming. If he doesn’t answer them he’s called angry and moody and that becomes an entirely different narrative. Again it’s up to you to choose what you want to believe and how you interpret media mind games, I for one will back the manager. He’s done more than enough for me to at least give him another year to see where this goes.

54 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

So not the amount of games but how they train? I’m pretty sure it has to do with the amount of games for such a thin squad.

Some are in games some are in training. I am not convinced he is handling the pressure all that well.
Constant moaning about the squad full of internationals he has been given. Eight players have had hamstring injuries so far this season.
I suggest he hasn’t worked out how to handle the extra games/travelling/squad rotation that his success last season has given him this season.

37 minutes ago, Supermonkey92 said:

Let' hope he sees out his third year and leaves the squad in a healthy condition. 

This, I said it many times. To do 3 years is a really good thing. 

I feel like the perfect time frame for today's game is between 3 to 5 years. Most managers start to stagnate after that. 

Take a look at Simeone. 

I would like him to do more then 3 years. 5 years would be fine for me, but let's see what happens. 

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Conte could constantly say that he is perfectly happy and media would write exact same stories. The only thing that matters is the results. It has always been.

I really dont understand why fans pay so much attention to what managers and players say. Future is uncertain, but they are happy in their club. They need to work harder, they were unlucky etc.Thats what you hear most of the time.

Some are in games some are in training. I am not convinced he is handling the pressure all that well.
Constant moaning about the squad full of internationals he has been given. Eight players have had hamstring injuries so far this season.
I suggest he hasn’t worked out how to handle the extra games/travelling/squad rotation that his success last season has given him this season.

I don’t think it matters whether it’s in games or in training sessions. The fact of the matter is these 13 players are being asked to play more than their bodies can handle because the coach is trying to manage expectations. Expectations that seem lofty when you consider what we have been given to work with in comparison to the competition.

A squad full of internationals... Gary Cahill is an international... he’s not very good but he is an international. I think you get what I mean. Courtois, Hazard, Kante and maybe Azpi are the only players we have that would rival what other teams have. It’s not enough. Especially after winning the title and being given a head start on the competition.

As far as handling the pressure goes, it’s great at the top! Especially when you’ve said since day one the squad needs to be bigger. Imagine how frustrating it would be to know what is required for the squad to reach their goals and not get what was asked for then have to reach goals regardless of what you’ve been given... pressure would be getting to everyone in this situation

5 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Where?

It was on twitter, he blocked me because i told him he was a arrogant knob. A few fans from overseas said he was wrong to claim a certain player was poor or whatever and he replied stuff like "When you go to games and stop watching them from your bedroom in India, we will talk. Until then your opinion does not count"   

So he got pelters off a lot of fans, and just replied with things like "I have been to X amount of games this year my opinion should count more than someone who has bothered to go once or twice and especially over 'fans' sat in their overseas bedrooms"  He isnt very liked.

And the thing was the fans who disagreed with him, were right and a lot of UK based fans agreed with them, but he just gave the foreign ones a hard time.  Was really uncalled for

2 minutes ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

It was on twitter, he blocked me because i told him he was a arrogant knob. A few fans from overseas said he was wrong to claim a certain player was poor or whatever and he replied stuff like "When you go to games and stop watching them from your bedroom in India, we will talk. Until then your opinion does not count"   

So he got pelters off a lot of fans, and just replied with things like "I have been to X amount of games this year my opinion should count more than someone who has bothered to go once or twice and especially over 'fans' sat in their overseas bedrooms"  He isnt very liked.

And the thing was the fans who disagreed with him, were right and a lot of UK based fans agreed with them, but he just gave the foreign ones a hard time.  Was really uncalled for

met him in israel when chelsea played here, though he's a nice bloke.

30 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

I don’t think it matters whether it’s in games or in training sessions. The fact of the matter is these 13 players are being asked to play more than their bodies can handle because the coach is trying to manage expectations. Expectations that seem lofty when you consider what we have been given to work with in comparison to the competition.

A squad full of internationals... Gary Cahill is an international... he’s not very good but he is an international. I think you get what I mean. Courtois, Hazard, Kante and maybe Azpi are the only players we have that would rival what other teams have. It’s not enough. Especially after winning the title and being given a head start on the competition.

As far as handling the pressure goes, it’s great at the top! Especially when you’ve said since day one the squad needs to be bigger. Imagine how frustrating it would be to know what is required for the squad to reach their goals and not get what was asked for then have to reach goals regardless of what you’ve been given... pressure would be getting to everyone in this situation

There’s good and bad in that, obviously we know the positive and the proof’s there that his methods work, but it doesn’t help for games like tonight where we need to win and we’ve got no striker!

And I’m sorry but to be a supporter means to support the club. The club is the staff, players and manager. If you can’t show support in time of need don’t call yourself a supporter, you’re probably closer to a fan or fanboy.

The board have left him out to dry. That's who's support or lack of, you should be questioning.