The Conte Thread

1 minute ago, Special Juan said:

Enjoy your break from the forum, see you next month. Sick and tired of your attitude and repetitive posts.

I will monitor how your posts go when you arrive back, if it continues you ca have a permanent ban.

Finally! 5 months too late but better late than never. :getin:

8 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

It was a real pleasure to have a manager who revolutionized the premiership at the helm... even if it was only for 2yrs. Antonio will be remembered for his passion and his extremely high football acumen. He took a team that finished 10th under its greatest ever manager, reinstalled confidence and made us all believe. No easy feat. His reward was Drinkwater, Morata, Bakayoko, Barkley, Zappacosta caballero and ampadu... a record breaking, title winning manager with basically high mid table players at his disposal. I've said it many times before, you get what you pay for and right now we are still feeding off of the spoils of 2012... almost 6yrs ago!

Antonio, I believe you are one of the games brilliant managers and you deserve to be at a club where you are indeed the MANAGER and not just a first team coach. You have proven to many that you care about this club and want the best for the supporters, it's just a shame you've come along when we are in a period where we have shown ZERO ambition to want to compete. Best of luck to you on your next endeavour.

So, where is Chelsea now? Well I can say without hesitation we are definitely about to enter our toughest period under Roman's reign. For a few years money in has equalled money out and unfortunately the last two titles has robbed us of the depth we had. What is left to sell to generate funds? Is there a market for Pedro, Zappacosta, Cahill, Luiz, Fabregas, Drinkwater, Moses, Batshuyai? Probably not which makes our only real sellable assets Hazard, Courtois, Azpi, Christensen and Kante.

The worst part about this whole thing is I believe Conte is the BEST manager in the world at reaching goals with a shoestring budget. He would've been the best manager to help navigate us through a stadium build because he favours hard work over individual skill and team tactics to ones attacking prowess. I don't see a lot of good on the horizon, it's so clear that the club need an injection of cash but with this stadium being built we won't be given the funds to return us to the summit. Who comes in now? Who takes the reins when there is no money to build a club?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great post but could've saved it until he's actually gone. 

People who don't check the news, may get the wrong impression. :D

Great post but could've saved it until he's actually gone. 

People who don't check the news, may get the wrong impression. [emoji3]

Anyone who has followed this club for the past 10yrs should see the inevitable writing on the wall

4 hours ago, Ayioros said:

And what's the difference ?

We receive this money in selling players (loanees, bad, average or top players).

But the fact is we just reinvest this money for new players but not more.

The board doesn't invest money in the transferts, we are Chelsea, one of the biggest club in the world and we don't invest money.

We have the new stadium, I accept that. But it's not the only reason. Its same clear it's a new politic for long term and no just to finance the new Bridge.

As has already been said, if you want to fill this stadium, club must stay attractive, he must continue to make people dream.

If we become an average club with average players, it could be worst for our incomes

Who want experience that Liverpool experienced few years ago ?

When you invest money on big players (fee or wages) it's not just for sport or result. It's also an important economical invest (more marchandising etc.).

If we continue this kind of path, I really fear for the futur of the club.

If we sold £200m worth of players that were crucial last season i would agree, but the reality was we didn't. These are the figures we got from our outgoings this summer.

Begovic £10m

Cuadrado £17.3m

Atsu £6.2m 

Traore £8.8m

Ake £20m

Chalobah £5m

Matic £40m

Diego Costa £50m

So £75m of that money was brought in by players Conte never had/used. Only two players that played a part in last season's title were sold, and one of them was considered our weak link. We had more than enough money to improve the team, the fact that we didn't was down to poor recruitment, not lack of funds. It may be a low net spend in the technical term, but in terms of first team ingoings and out's, we did strengthen in numbers and spent a lot more on first team players than what we got back. Last season we had 3 trusted CB's this year we have 5, last season we had 2 trusted wing backs, this year 3, last season 3 trusted CM's, this year 4, it looks like we are going to further strengthen our wingback area and finally have a trusted alternate striker as well.

If we start recruiting as well as we did in the early part of this decade we are laughing but unfortunately that's a big if.

If we sold £200m worth of players that were crucial last season i would agree, but the reality was we didn't. These are the figures we got from our outgoings this summer.
Begovic £10m
Cuadrado £17.3m
Atsu £6.2m 
Traore £8.8m
Ake £20m
Chalobah £5m
Matic £40m
Diego Costa £50m
So £75m of that money was brought in by players Conte never had/used. Only two players that played a part in last season's title were sold, and one of them was considered our weak link. We had more than enough money to improve the team, the fact that we didn't was down to poor recruitment, not lack of funds. It may be a low net spend in the technical term, but in terms of first team ingoings and out's, we did strengthen in numbers and spent a lot more on first team players than what we got back. Last season we had 3 trusted CB's this year we have 5, last season we had 2 trusted wing backs, this year 3, last season 3 trusted CM's, this year 4, it looks like we are going to further strengthen our wingback area and finally have a trusted alternate striker as well.
If we start recruiting as well as we did in the early part of this decade, we are laughing but unfortunately that's a big if.

Some of the money you highlight here wasn't used. Oscar money was as well as Mikel and ivanovic. The Point is we used our squad depth to fund player acquisitions at a time when we had so few senior players.

And the way you irresponsibly use the word trusted is comical. They aren't trusted it's just what we have at our disposal. Conte is willing to work with what he has but that doesn't mean what he has is by any means useful.

We can't attract the players we need to push us into that elite bracket, regardless of how much was spent it wasn't enough to cover for the amount of holes left in the side by players departing. And further to that point it's not improved the squad from a starters standpoint. That's the strengthening most we're hoping for, strengthen our XI then fill it the rest of the team with your Barkley's, Zappacosta's Caballero's and Rudiger's. And beyond that we still haven't strengthened the squad as a whole. Kyle Scott and Dujon Sterling are not ready for this level yet they were included in the squad to make up numbers.

How many players did the board sign that costed 50 or more million euros in recent years? Just 1 and none above 70.

This is why our squad is filled with average and below average players. The market is inflated but we are still shopping like it is 2007.

4 hours ago, Ayioros said:

Embarassing comment really....

Do you really think Zappa, Alonso or Palmieri are first Conte choice ?

Same for Carroll or Dzeko ?

You can be sur Conte want top players, it's the reason why he left Juventus some years ago.

And it's the reason of his frustration now.

But if the board tell him you have just a low budget to recruit then he gives average player, because average players it's always better than no players at all.

That's no meaning that he is happy with that.

Maybe ZappaCosta was the 15 choice on his whish list.

And for some who says "Yes but board has spend 220 millions for Conte".

It's true but seriously when you count the income players, you have to count depart players and check the balance !

This year we spend 220 millions but we receive 200 millions for our departing players.

So what ? Conte should say "Thanks Chelsea Board, one of the biggest club in the world, to spend 20 millions for me on his window !"

And the funniest, here is a view of our balance transfert since 14/15 at now :

# Club(s) Expenditures Arrivals Income Departures Balance
1 Manchester City Manchester City 761,00 Mill. € 101 227,76 Mill. € 100 -533,23 Mill. €
2 Manchester United Manchester United 740,75 Mill. € 71 250,01 Mill. € 77 -490,74 Mill. €
3 Everton FC Everton FC 377,94 Mill. € 86 197,98 Mill. € 74 -179,96 Mill. €
4 Arsenal FC Arsenal FC 347,62 Mill. € 59 185,85 Mill. € 60 -161,77 Mill. €
5 Crystal Palace Crystal Palace 200,78 Mill. € 98 61,47 Mill. € 110 -139,31 Mill. €
6 Watford FC Watford FC 223,98 Mill. € 126 84,90 Mill. € 121 -139,08 Mill. €
7 Leicester City Leicester City 252,23 Mill. € 80 122,40 Mill. € 84 -129,83 Mill. €
8 West Ham United West Ham United 216,75 Mill. € 80 94,57 Mill. € 85 -122,19 Mill. €
9 West Bromwich Albion West Bromwich Albion 156,38 Mill. € 58 44,25 Mill. € 62 -112,14 Mill. €
10 Newcastle United Newcastle United 259,33 Mill. € 95 148,49 Mill. € 100 -110,84 Mill. €
11 AFC Bournemouth AFC Bournemouth 134,92 Mill. € 87 29,84 Mill. € 91 -105,08 Mill. €
12 Liverpool FC Liverpool FC 524,53 Mill. € 76 440,72 Mill. € 74 -83,81 Mill. €
13 Brighton & Hove Albion Brighton & Hove Albion 90,60 Mill. € 110 13,24 Mill. € 105 -77,37 Mill. €
14 Middlesbrough FC Middlesbrough FC 149,31 Mill. € 104 74,68 Mill. € 115 -74,64 Mill. €
15 Stoke City Stoke City 135,20 Mill. € 66 65,94 Mill. € 70 -69,26 Mill. €
16 Sunderland AFC Sunderland AFC 131,97 Mill. € 90 73,16 Mill. € 100 -58,81 Mill. €
17 Burnley FC Burnley FC 117,97 Mill. € 85 71,90 Mill. € 86 -46,07 Mill. €
18 Huddersfield Town Huddersfield Town 62,31 Mill. € 103 21,56 Mill. € 109 -40,75 Mill. €
19 Chelsea FC Chelsea FC 577,80 Mill. € 151 537,34 Mill. € 144 -40,46 Mill. €

Yeah we are 19th of this fucking list. Yes we have just spend 40 millions in 4 years...

But yeah continue to blame Conte because you are too dumb to see the reality.

When I read, "he must respect the board". Yeah maybe, but please first of all, the board must respect the fans.

Oh look, the Net Spend Brigade is here. Doesn't matter about net expenditure, we've still spunked ridiculous money out on bang average players. 

2 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

And the way you irresponsibly use the word trusted is comical. They aren't trusted it's just what we have at our disposal. Conte is willing to work with what he has but that doesn't mean what he has is by any means useful.

Conte plays Drinkwater, he didn't give Chalobah a single PL start (bar a game after the job was done). He plays Rudi and Christensen, he barely played JT, Ake and Zouma. He uses Zappacosta, last season he never rotated Moses and Alonso bar cup games or injuries. Maybe trusted is the wrong word, but he certainly has more players he's willing to use now than he did last season.

6 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

We can't attract the players we need to push us into that elite bracket, regardless of how much was spent it wasn't enough to cover for the amount of holes left in the side by players departing. And further to that point it's not improved the squad from a starters standpoint. That's the strengthening most we're hoping for, strengthen our XI then fill it the rest of the team with your Barkley's, Zappacosta's Caballero's and Rudiger's. And beyond that we still haven't strengthened the squad as a whole. Kyle Scott and Dujon Sterling are not ready for this level yet they were included in the squad to make up numbers.

And we couldn't have found player's to improve us for that money instead of signing the players above? We can't chuck £100m plus 400k a week at a player no, but there's more than one way to skin a cat.

2 hours ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

It was a real pleasure to have a manager who revolutionized the premiership at the helm... even if it was only for 2yrs. Antonio will be remembered for his passion and his extremely high football acumen. He took a team that finished 10th under its greatest ever manager, reinstalled confidence and made us all believe. No easy feat. His reward was Drinkwater, Morata, Bakayoko, Barkley, Zappacosta caballero and ampadu... a record breaking, title winning manager with basically high mid table players at his disposal. I've said it many times before, you get what you pay for and right now we are still feeding off of the spoils of 2012... almost 6yrs ago!

Antonio, I believe you are one of the games brilliant managers and you deserve to be at a club where you are indeed the MANAGER and not just a first team coach. You have proven to many that you care about this club and want the best for the supporters, it's just a shame you've come along when we are in a period where we have shown ZERO ambition to want to compete. Best of luck to you on your next endeavour.

So, where is Chelsea now? Well I can say without hesitation we are definitely about to enter our toughest period under Roman's reign. For a few years money in has equalled money out and unfortunately the last two titles has robbed us of the depth we had. What is left to sell to generate funds? Is there a market for Pedro, Zappacosta, Cahill, Luiz, Fabregas, Drinkwater, Moses, Batshuyai? Probably not which makes our only real sellable assets Hazard, Courtois, Azpi, Christensen and Kante.

The worst part about this whole thing is I believe Conte is the BEST manager in the world at reaching goals with a shoestring budget. He would've been the best manager to help navigate us through a stadium build because he favours hard work over individual skill and team tactics to ones attacking prowess. I don't see a lot of good on the horizon, it's so clear that the club need an injection of cash but with this stadium being built we won't be given the funds to return us to the summit. Who comes in now? Who takes the reins when there is no money to build a club?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I respect your opinion but imo, he's not that good as u said...

25 minutes ago, Tomo said:

We can't chuck £100m plus 400k a week at a player no, but there's more than one way to skin a cat.

For consistent good performance and success you need expensive elite players. If the board wants to see quality football they have to pay for quality. You cant always find great players for less than 50 these days,

38 minutes ago, BlueLion. said:

Oh look, the Net Spend Brigade is here. Doesn't matter about net expenditure, we've still spunked ridiculous money out on bang average players. 

Yeah sur but what's the link between  these two facts ? 

We have not invest money (just reinvest), and the worst is we have spend this money on average players. 

I don't see where you want to go with your critics about my analyse about net spend. 

Of course it matters! If your aim is to be amongst the elite you can't spend precisely what you sell! You really think you are going to get elite level return for players we sold? Sure you can get lucky every now and again but you can't expect the club to sell players for 20, 30m and then replace those players with elite players and still have enough to fill out a squad. What we have is a very small squad, some of whom are elite the rest who are bang average. We don't want to sell our elite players so we try to sell our average players to generate money to buy more average players in the hopes that we can turn chicken shit into chicken salad. There has to be more of an investment from the club to augment the talent not just lower the wage structure and average age.

Bakayoko and Matic are a wash. Matic has more experience but in terms of talent they are similar. We didn't get better we got younger. Morata and Costa is a no brainer. Costa is better, older and more expensive. He didn't want to be here so we got Morata who is younger and cheaper, there is an immediate drop off there.

And then on top of that we haven't even provided Conte with the means to create competition. Zappacosta is garbage... there is no way in hell he can push Moses from his spot. Alonso has absolutely no peer despite being poor in every area except aerial duels and goalscoring. Pedro? Average Willian? The definition of inconsistent. Drinkwater? Don't even get me started... we've assembled a slightly above average squad after winning the title with ease. A little investment from the club and we'd be sitting pretty this year. Instead we're back fighting for a champions league spot again.

And we couldn't have found player's to improve us for that money instead of signing the players above? We can't chuck £100m plus 400k a week at a player no, but there's more than one way to skin a cat.

I'm sure you can see the difference between the level of competition this year and the one from last year. We didn't need to rotate much with virtually one game a week the entire campaign. And to be honest I was never impressed with Chalobah... lots of hype and no actual skill if you ask me.

So what players are available at our price point that teams were willing to sell? Does said player improve us massively? We were in for Tolisso he decided to go to Bayern and to be honest I'm not even sure he's much better than we have in Cesc. The problem is what we need in the transfer window is allegedly out of our price range. We need to sprinkle a little pixie dust on the squad to get us back(?) to the elite level. We need 1-2 world class players not 5-6 average players. And for whatever reason Chelsea have refused to pay the money required to bring in elite level talent to go along side your courtois' hazard's, Azpi's and Kante's.

We aren't a bad team. We are third in the most difficult competition in the world but in order to compete we can't continuously buy average players and expect more that modest results. Not asking for much here two players and it's a done deal! Had we actually got Sandro and then went in and acquired someone like Mahrez that would be a real signal of intent. Instead we almost got Emerson(who is injured) and we're screaming for Hudson-Odoi to play!

9 hours ago, Barbara said:

We used to have high level young players, Mourinho sold most of them.

The players you mention are as mediocre as the ones we signed. So if your point is saving money, then yeah, you're right and you might have a chance to land a job under Marina.

But if you mean by doing that we'd be improving, no we won't. We have average players everywhere with few exceptions, none of them mentioned by you.

I agree they're mediocre like most of the players we've signed. In which case it makes sense to keep them to make up the numbers, and only spend on players who can actually improve us.

13 hours ago, Jason said:

It's one thing to be realistic. It's another to keep on talking about till it sounds like defeatism, something Conte has done all season. How can one expect the players to be motivated when the manager is constantly saying we can't compete with City and United? How can anyone expect the players to feel confident when the manager is indirectly saying they aren't good enough by constantly moaning about transfer signings? It's little wonder that the players have looked they CBA for most of the season.

Correct me if I'm wrong but has Perez even spoken publicly about Hazard? I know he has expressed interest in Neymar but nothing about Hazard, IIRC. A lot of the Real Madrid stems from the fact that Zidane is there. Take him out of the equation and I'm not sure how genuine do Real want Hazard.

True, the defeatist attitude is something I am also not liking. And I do attribute the lack of fire to the manager to a certain extent because it is his job to keep the players motivated and bringing out the best in them. But still the club should have done something get the players that he wants I mean right now it seems like Conte is so heavily invested in his system and sticking to 3-5-2. And I agree that he shouldn't act unprofessionally but lets step back.

1. The board always plans for when a manager leaves/sacks after a season or 2 which transpires into buying players who would be general fit.

2. Aftermath of 1 is that managers wants certain kind of player who will fit into the kind of game/tactics he plans for and gets someone else which could potentially trip them.

3. As a result of not getting the  players that would fit managers game plan, those positions gets pigeonholed with the players we have.

4. Causing the players to play badly and eventually us loosing games.

Some managers are professional not to let their discontent bottle up in front of media but there are some who want fans to know that it is not the manager's fault that he is not able to produce the results the fans desire. So whom do you think should take the blame?

Typed from mobile sorry if it is all.... will update it in the evening