The Conte Thread

45 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Good riddance. If you're so quick to drop your support for Chelsea and switch allegiances to another club (one owned by Arab royalty, ffs, who aren't exactly morally pure) then you're not really a true supporter.

Just stay away.

The extreme odds are he was a troll all along.

I think you staff do a great job all in all but if there's one area i will be (constructively) critical about is how long trolls get away with reigning terror on here before they get outed  ( badboyblue another example).

Well to be fair signing a contract with improved terms but same contract length is hardly amazing, only confirms he's finally getting that long overdue pay raise and won't be going anywhere this summer if there was ever any doubt about that. Of course Conte being allowed to bring in more of his own guys to the backroom staff is great so in a way giving the man more power at the club goes some way in making him more committed even without an extension.
However, not agreeing to the previously offered 2021 extension does spin the story quite nicely to fit the narrative that Conte is not satisfied enough with the board's efforts in the market this summer to commit himself for longer than two more years. If all turns out well he can sign the extension later but if he's not happy with the club next summer he can easily jump ship to Milan or something.
Anyway I'm just happy it's finally out in the open that he's staying so any silly rumours about him walking out will be put to bed. Now just need to make some long overdue player signings and all is good.

That's enough for me now. We have (or should) to be aiming at least reaching an UCL final again in the near future. I'd rather go step by step with manager contracts in the first few years rather than have another Mourinho situation. I think it shows commitment on both parties now and if things go smoothly throughout the first and second year, then we'll talk about long term.
I have a hard time believing Conte threatened to leave unless he got a raise, so I suppose it's our way to show him support. Also I believe we renewed or gave him extra reassurances

12 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I think you staff do a great job all in all but if there's one area i will be (constructively) critical about is how long trolls get away with reigning terror on here before they get outed  ( badboyblue another example).

I do miss some people that got banned though. :D

30 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I've perma banned one idiot the past week already. Maybe I'll add another... ^_^

2 years works for me. The improved contract comes to show the commitment of both parts involved and the length is irrelevant. They can always make a new one next summer.

Why bother giving him 4 years or 5 years contract when no manager in recent history spent so much time on Chelsea's or almost any other club's bench? It's a realistic length for today's football. 

11 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

"When West Ham were playing Tottenham, I decided to go to a restaurant in London with my family with Marcos (Alonso)...

"When we arrived, guess who was behind me in the same restaurant? The manager. It was hilarious...

"I have an app on my phone that tells me the score and when West Ham went 1-0 up, I turned round and told the manager the score...

"The manager didn't eat for the last 25 minutes and when it finished 1-0, he got up and came over to my family's table...

"He gave my dad a hug, my wife, children, myself and Marcos and he was so so happy because we knew we were going to win the league..

"That moment I will never forget because even though the team wasn't there, it was a celebration."

- Cesc Fabregas on West Ham 1-0 Spurs.

Conte is the king! :worship:

Lanzini is the man, lol. I remember I posted in English Footballl Thread couple of hours before the match, 'any chance for Spammers to win against Spurs today?' and I've got couple of replies 'no chance' for that to happened. It was a great day in the end.

It may make sense, but I'm pretty sure the club offered him extension of the contract firstly. Maybe that's why the talks have stalled for so long, maybe Conte didn't want to commit himself for longer, as he sees almost the same problems here, as in his Juve period. The Don just accepted a pay rise, so there was no chance of him declining that, but he probably refused an extension. He totally deserves it, he made miracles with this team last season, if he is able to go far in UCL and fight for the PL title this year, then he will definitely prove himself as one of the best, at least for me. But looking at what the board gives him this season, I can't see that happening.

You guys also need to realize this: When he was at Juventus, they didn't back him enough in transfer market, so eventually he left. But, in the times when transfer market was still normal! In this days you cannot get quality player for less than 45 millions. Our penny pinching? Nothing in comparison with the cheap transfers Juventus did in Conte's time.

Be sure that Conte is aware of that, he said himself last year that "market is crazy" and that it's so hard to bring quality for normal price.

This 2 years "extension" has nothing to do with that. He is just careful, our board is too.

Just now, xPetrCechx said:

wait with it...

I have reached a status of resignation in which I can not even celebrate a striker coming anymore. I have mentally prepared for a season with Remy and Michy as our strikeforce so I can not be disappoined. The only one to stop this deal now is Morata. Real want him gone and will be more than happy to take those 70 fucking million for him which are about doulbe he is worth. 

2 hours ago, El P. said:

You guys also need to realize this: When he was at Juventus, they didn't back him enough in transfer market, so eventually he left. But, in the times when transfer market was still normal! In this days you cannot get quality player for less than 45 millions. Our penny pinching? Nothing in comparison with the cheap transfers Juventus did in Conte's time.

Be sure that Conte is aware of that, he said himself last year that "market is crazy" and that it's so hard to bring quality for normal price.

This 2 years "extension" has nothing to do with that. He is just careful, our board is too.

Furthermore, if he was going to rage quit it was never going to be this summer. He won't leave without at least one shot at the CL.

Both parties are happy with the two-year deal and believe there is plenty of time to talk over a longer contract in the future. [Standard]

However, Antonio Conte did not commit to staying any longer than his previous contract, which expires in 2019. [Standard]

Conte’s new contract included a pay rise to £9.5million after winning the Premier League in his first season with the club. [Standard]

#Chelsea are still planning to offer Antonio Conte a contract extension in the future, despite him signing a new two-year deal. [Standard]