The Conte Thread

21 hours ago, Dahnald said:

I am so incredibly done with this club and it's board who have absolutely zero football knowledge and are only good in dropping managers like a stone. 

This isn't even an extension. This is a pay rise to say thank you to Conte for winning the Premier League last season and that's it. No long-term project or anything. Nothing. 

I'm getting so incredibly tired of Chelsea. Maybe it's for the best that our shady, crooked owner gets busted and he fucks off to a Russian gulag and we get an owner who's not only good at sacking managers, but also good at actually running a football club with the right people. 

People who are going to bash on me for saying these things about Abramovich have no morals. Look up on the mans history. I don't care how much money he has spent for Chelsea or whatever, I cannot like the man. Love the place I work for, but I greatly dislike my employer. I like Chelsea, just not the owner and his incompetent henchmen. 

Have fun everybody. Might see some of you on the ManCity forum soon. Peace. 

bandwagon fan, so now that we´ve signed Morata you´ve changed your mind? so fickle, go ahead and join City

20 hours ago, Tomo said:

The extreme odds are he was a troll all along.

I think you staff do a great job all in all but if there's one area i will be (constructively) critical about is how long trolls get away with reigning terror on here before they get outed  ( badboyblue another example).

maybe Dahnald is badboyblue with a new account

On 7/18/2017 at 9:43 PM, Chelsea? said:

This summer can't get any worse. 

I cant think of any reason why he wouldn't extend the years in the deal. 

Maybe because someone or some people relented after Lukaku signed at ManUtd and the door opened for Conte to get the striker he wanted instead of what someone else at the club wanted.

2 hours ago, quickpassnmove said:

Maybe because someone or some people relented after Lukaku signed at ManUtd and the door opened for Conte to get the striker he wanted instead of what someone else at the club wanted.

Maybe I trust what Matt Law says about Conte more than what you seem to think. 

25 minutes ago, RoyalBlues said:

Conte is the boss

While Chelsea got Morata, it is absolutely absurd that this house of clowns refused to sign the manager's first choice striker until the point where Mourinho and United scooped up Lukaku. You can believe what you wanna believe and I'm never certain, but there's a large part of me that is thanking the likes of Paul Pogba for the benefit of CFC getting CONTE'S CHOICE instead of "the club's choice" or whoever it is precisely that wanted Lukaku --WHOEVER IT WAS THAT INTENDED TO SIGN LUKAKU INSTEAD OF OUR OVER-ACHIEVING MANAGER'S CHOICE STRIKER. hmm...

6 minutes ago, quickpassnmove said:

While Chelsea got Morata, it is absolutely absurd that this house of clowns refused to sign the manager's first choice striker until the point where Mourinho and United scooped up Lukaku. You can believe what you wanna believe and I'm never certain, but there's a large part of me that is thanking the likes of Paul Pogba for the benefit of CFC getting CONTE'S CHOICE instead of "the club's choice" or whoever it is precisely that wanted Lukaku --WHOEVER IT WAS THAT INTENDED TO SIGN LUKAKU INSTEAD OF OUR OVER-ACHIEVING MANAGER'S CHOICE STRIKER. hmm...

Don't jump on the bandwagon. A reliable source is yet to confirm that (or did Matt Law say that as well iirc?). Steve Nicol's opinion is just as good or bad as anybody's and Balague you shouldn't listen to. Several sources, also who we deem reliable, did say that Lukaku was Conte's 1st choice when we were being strongly linked, none of this board Lukaku vs. Conte Morata was mentioned at that time, so it makes me think that they are just continuing stirring controversy. No consistency in those stories at all.

7 minutes ago, manpe said:

Don't jump on the bandwagon. A reliable source is yet to confirm that (or did Matt Law say that as well iirc?). Steve Nicol's opinion is just as good or bad as anybody's and Balague you shouldn't listen to. Several sources, also who we deem reliable, did say that Lukaku was Conte's 1st choice when we were being strongly linked, none of this board Lukaku vs. Conte Morata was mentioned at that time, so it makes me think that they are just continuing stirring controversy. No consistency in those stories at all.

I'm not listening to anyone on the web; just my own conjecture. The events on the last ~7 days' timeline tell their own story to an outsider.

4 minutes ago, quickpassnmove said:

I'm not listening to anyone on the web; just my own conjecture.

You say you are not listening to anybody, yet your post (which quoted Balague and Express Sport) had a strong angry conviction that the board wanted to sign Lukaku ahead of Conte's first choice, Morata, which is exactly what those articles claimed. How do you come to that conjecture if you are not letting yourself be influenced by non-stories like that?

2 minutes ago, manpe said:

You say you are not listening to anybody, yet your post (which quoted Balague and Express Sport) had a strong angry conviction that the board wanted to sign Lukaku ahead of Conte's first choice, Morata, which is exactly what those articles claimed. How do you come to that conjecture if you are not letting yourself be influenced by non-stories like that?

My post above was reply to someone else's post. I've already posted on the same personal conjecture at least once, hours ago. Scroll further up for one of my older posts, if that's so important.