Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

The Conte Thread


 Share
Followers 3

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello, I am a Juventus italian fan and maybe I can help you to understand which kind of coach Conte is...(sorry for my english, I hope you will understand) When he arrived in Juventus, he fo

I think the fact that we stuck to our principles, pressing them high up the pitch in spurts throughout the game and more importantly, passing out from the back, even with a few mistakes (note - it goe

Posted Images

Don't believe everything you read on the internet. :lol:

Costa was told to get back to London and train himself match fit again, that much is true. However I'd think the reason for that is:

a) Club want Costa to be fit so he can be sold at a better price as compared to him continuing partying in Brazil which is really unprofessional behavior. At Cobham he can also be kept under close watch, so unsanctioned interviews like today won't happen again until he's sold.

b) The club are calling Costa's bluff. In the interview he played the victim card and told the media Chelsea don't want him back and he's been nothing but a good boy who wanted to stay, so now the club are ordering him to come back and see how he reacts. If (or rather when) he most likely declines the invitation to return, Costa's sob story from today will be proven as a lie and that also takes away any previous threat of a mistreatment law suit against the club because it'll be Costa himself who is breaching the contract even after being told to make himself ready for first-team action.

It's really, really unlikely that the club would force Conte to play Costa again, because if that was their plan they'd have done it over a month ago and not today after his interview, where he was again being really disrespectful towards Conte with all those 'no charisma' comments etc.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Peace. said:

Tomo, I do appreciate that you are eager to find optimism in this situation but, come on, the players we have signed are an ocean away of being "borderline" world-class, whether in regards to their level or their achivement. Good players ? Sure. Will they be world-class one day ? This is another debate.

A world-class striker is someone such as prime Drogba or Suarez — and nobody could ever make the argument that Morata is "borderline" as good as prime Drogba or Suarez. Idem in respect to midfielders, no one could ever hold the argument that Bakayoko is "borderline" as good as Modric, Kroos or prime Essien. Same for Rudiger.

As for now, they are good and that's that.

Okay, borderline was pushing it, but Bakayoko and Morata are both players with serious scope for improvement and players that could foreseeable get there.

Suarez upto his last season at Liverpool was a insanely talented player but was quite erratic and wasteful which stopped him (and his team) reaching the next level. Morata, while I'm not saying he will grow to that status, is arriving as a hugely talented forward with rough edges. His mentality is top notch and when you have that, you are half way there (providing you have the talent, of course). Re Baka, well Makelele didn't say what he said for no reason, he in time could develop into a big player.

Unfortunately we can't/won't shop in the market which allows proven world class ready made players, we have to get players who "could" get there. If someone said Azpi would grow to a bear perfect defender (in terms of pure defending) when we signed him said person would have got laughed at. Drogba, Cech, Lampard were signed with everything to prove and they did.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Okay, borderline was pushing it, but Bakayoko and Morata are both players with serious scope for improvement and players that could foreseeable get there.

Suarez upto his last season at Liverpool was a insanely talented player but was quite erratic and wasteful which stopped him (and his team) reaching the next level. Morata, while I'm not saying he will grow to that status, is arriving as a hugely talented forward with rough edges. His mentality is top notch and when you have that, you are half way there (providing you have the talent, of course). Re Baka, well Makelele didn't say what he said for no reason, he in time could develop into a big player.

Unfortunately we can't/won't shop in the market which allows proven world class ready made players, we have to get players who "could" get there. If someone said Azpi would grow to a bear perfect defender (in terms of pure defending) when we signed him said person would have got laughed at. Drogba, Cech, Lampard were signed with everything to prove and they did.

In my opinion there's no problem with the quality we've brought. There will be a risk over buying Bakayoko and Morata to replace Matic and Costa who are Premier League proven but the long term strategy of these two moves makes sense and re-generates the team as a more youthful, mobile and pacier set up.

The problem is the depth and whether it's the manager's doing, board or a bit of both, there is no doubt that it is an almighty cock up.

We hardly had the biggest squad last season, we're not like Arsenal for example who would be looking to trim a lot of the fringe players before buying. We needed a bigger squad. Therefore there should never have been any harm in bringing players in first before letting others leave. On this basis we could have easily retained 3 or 4 players to bulk up the squad for now - people like Loftus Cheek, Traore, etc. They could've been sold or loaned out in the last few days of the window if and when we knew what other players we had coming in. 

Even with the players we have to come back in we still look desperately short. There is no way a club our size and challenging for trophies should be looking thin of resources with a couple of players out because over the course of the season you should expect a couple of players out at a time injured or suspended as a minimum.

The quality is there, but the quantity isn't. People are laughing at us being linked to people like Drinkwater, but look at some of the players Fergie had at United in their glory days - O'Shea, Wes Brown, Jonny Evans, Ji Sung Park. Decent but nowhere near great players who all proved once they left United what their real level was, but within a winning machine they could come in when needed and perform and help the team get results. We have nothing like this within our squad at the moment and this is what will cause us to struggle this season if it's not addressed.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Okay, borderline was pushing it, but Bakayoko and Morata are both players with serious scope for improvement and players that could foreseeable get there.

Suarez upto his last season at Liverpool was a insanely talented player but was quite erratic and wasteful which stopped him (and his team) reaching the next level. Morata, while I'm not saying he will grow to that status, is arriving as a hugely talented forward with rough edges. His mentality is top notch and when you have that, you are half way there (providing you have the talent, of course). Re Baka, well Makelele didn't say what he said for no reason, he in time could develop into a big player.

Unfortunately we can't/won't shop in the market which allows proven world class ready made players, we have to get players who "could" get there. If someone said Azpi would grow to a bear perfect defender (in terms of pure defending) when we signed him said person would have got laughed at. Drogba, Cech, Lampard were signed with everything to prove and they did.

Suarez scored 54 goals in 66 league apps in 12/13 and 13/14.

I just had to correct you there. But please, continue.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Henrique said:

With the tough first games of the PL season, and considering the club's record, at this point it will be a miracle if Conte survives untill november.

With what is left from the team, Conte is one of the few coaches who is able to survive at least untill November. But it might end up Conte leaving by himself, if he is fed up with the board that let him down.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, King11Didier said:

With what is left from the team, Conte is one of the few coaches who is able to survive at least untill November. But it might end up Conte leaving by himself, if he is fed up with the board that let him down.

 

20841902_10210338616250272_7246936497982111495_n.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't see a single quote from a player saying they "back Costa over Conte." He's still friends with his teammates and talks to them. The Daily Mail is absolute gutter trash.

As for that piece from The Times about Conte and the board being at odds, I can 100% believe that. Conte wants experienced, ready made veterans who are the finished product and can help him win immedietly. The board wants players who are probably in their early 20's, are not the finished article, and who have huge resale value. The thing is, we already have LOADS of young talent on our books! If we can get good players who happen to fit the boards criteria, great, but to refuse Conte his targets just because they're "too old" and can't be resold for huge profit in a few years is annoying as hell if that's what's going on.

You can't really expect Conte to be thinking super long term like the club are since he knows the average life expectancy of a Chelsea manager is a couple years. He wants to win NOW!

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

20882132_10210338799534854_636731576776999559_n.thumb.jpg.3e590d9bc7190773f2ef9c7913169e1d.jpg

It says rudiger morata and bakayoko are conte signings but conte wants older players like candreva the board want younger players

Unless they have bugged some of our rooms or key people, there is no way they could know that. Those are the things between board and Antonio, and neither would profit from a situation like that leaking into the media. It's all bullshit they create in order to sell newspapers and earn money from ads. Currently Chelsea is a hot topic for them. This is one of the reasons why it is so hard to win PL title 2 years in a row, journalists rip you a new one. Assholes.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sh0n3x said:

Unless they have bugged some of our rooms or key people, there is no way they could know that. Those are the things between board and Antonio, and neither would profit from a situation like that leaking into the media. It's all bullshit they create in order to sell newspapers and earn money from ads. Currently Chelsea is a hot topic for them. This is one of the reasons why it is so hard to win PL title 2 years in a row, journalists rip you a new one. Assholes.

Always... FC hollywood.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, xPetrCechx said:

Always... FC hollywood.

I think we are at least equally to be blamed. Sacking managers, exploting youth system, Terry incident with Bridge, Terry incident with Ferdinand, Mourinho 2 times with you are all against me mentallity, Costa stomping on Can, Costa pushing and provoking opposition players, Costa situation now, selling Cech and Matic to rivals, Kennedy China incident. I even remember some racial incidents in the couple of previous years off the pitch. Of course, there is quite a bit of positives also, but I we are also to blame for negativity against the club. Still, journalist don't help, I do think they like us the least of all bigger clubs in England.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sh0n3x said:

I think we are at least equally to be blamed. Sacking managers, exploting youth system, Terry incident with Bridge, Terry incident with Ferdinand, Mourinho 2 times with you are all against me mentallity, Costa stomping on Can, Costa pushing and provoking opposition players, Costa situation now, selling Cech and Matic to rivals, Kennedy China incident. I even remember some racial incidents in the couple of previous years off the pitch. Of course, there is quite a bit of positives also, but I we are also to blame for negativity against the club. Still, journalist don't help, I do think they like us the least of all bigger clubs in England.

don't forget the Eva incident.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, xPetrCechx said:

don't forget the Eva incident.

Haha I do think that me forgetting that exactly explains my point. So many that you forget them all, and that one is one of the worst ones :D

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...