The Conte Thread

Antonio Conte is speaking to the media in Singapore. #CFCTour

Conte says the only way he knows to repeat last season's success is to work hard. #CFCTour

Conte adds there is plenty of enthusiasm in the squad to play in the Champions League and in four competitions next season. #CFCTour

Conte says Pedro's injury was more serious than he thought, he has multiple fractures but with a mask he should train in 10 days. #CFCTour

Asked about Kenedy, Conte says the player understands it was a mistake and for sure he is sorry what happened. #CFCTour

Conte says to play a game like tomorrow's is very good and he hopes to see the same passion from the fans as he saw in Beijing. #CFCTour

Conte says his plan is to give Alvaro Morata some action in tomorrow's game, although not from the start. #CFCTour

I hope he consider changing the formation in the bigger games. 

He always talk about 4-2-4. That might be the way to go

Courtois

Azpi/Rudgier - David Luiz/Andreas - Cahill/new Cb - Alonso/new 

Bakayoko - Kante

Pedro - Fabregas - Morata - Hazard

You can see we will need another midfield because if one of Kanta-Baka gets injured we are light. 

Conte: 'Our start wasn't good but the players showed me a great will to try to change the result.' #CFCTour

Conte on Morata: 'We must give him the right time to adapt to our way of football but he should be pleased with his performance.' #CFCTour

Harry Kane is my dream striker, says Chelsea boss Antonio ConteAntonio Conte has revealed Harry Kane as his dream striker target for Chelsea after admitting he failed in a bid to sign Kyle Walker.www.telegraph.co.uk“If I had to buy one striker I would go to Kane. He is a complete striker. He is strong physically, with the ball, without the ball, he fights and he’s strong in the air and acrobatic on the right and the left. He’s a complete player. He’s one of the top strikers in the world.

“If you go to buy Kane now it would be at least £100m. At least. For me, if I see this price for a striker I know for sure he’s a big striker.

Lol, not Morata?

Really does sound like Conte wants it known that he's not getting everything he had hoped.

What these quotes do tell us for sure is that the club are indeed actively trying hard to sign wing backs. They better get a couple in before the window closes. But if we weren't willing to go near Walker's price I guess we can definitively rule out Alex Sandro who will cost even more.

Seems like the club is willing to spend enormous fees for certain positions (striker) but have thus far refused to pay absurd prices for other positions.