Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

The Conte Thread

Followers 3

1 hour ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Yes if he gets on the score sheet early, should be ok then for confidence. Unfortunately price tags are not always a good indication of what's to come...can you hear the drums Fernando...

PS did I read somewhere youre in Trier ML ?

Yeah an early goal for him would be so vital, we saw how it drags on if he doesn't get one with Torres

I am not there atm but I am there a few times in the year how come?

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello, I am a Juventus italian fan and maybe I can help you to understand which kind of coach Conte is...(sorry for my english, I hope you will understand) When he arrived in Juventus, he fo

I think the fact that we stuck to our principles, pressing them high up the pitch in spurts throughout the game and more importantly, passing out from the back, even with a few mistakes (note - it goe

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Fernando said:

Well when we are offering 15 million for Dirnkwater you think we go for Sandro?

They continue to do the same shenanigans from the last few years. Penny pinching and we will end with Hector/Type of player. 

I don't understand, last four years we made bad signings late in August once and good signing's 3 times. Why do you think it will be like the one time instead of the three?

3 hours ago, DDA said:

No wonder 7/10 players leaving PL talk about the huge media pressure in England.

Journalists, pundits etc. would do everything to have the best players/managers in this league just to make them look miserable afterwards.

Happening everywhere I do agree, but I think it's on another level in the UK. 

They kept talking shite for weeks about Conte being at swords with the board - the next day he signs an improved contract.

Now supposedly the players are unhappy with him... 

Me as a fan get so annoyed about this. What about Conte? He's been a class act last season, but I think this season we will see him more distant from the media, maybe even picking some fights with them throughout the season.

3 hours ago, Tomo said:

I don't understand, last four years we made bad signings late in August once and good signing's 3 times. Why do you think it will be like the one time instead of the three?

Amazing so now we need to give credit to the board for Conte's brilliance in the last year.

8 hours ago, Tomo said:

Well is not just me, but Conte and many pundits are picking this narrative:

Chelsea looking ill-equipped after a summer of stagnation

Antonio Conte’s squad appears thin, with new signings merely replacing departed players, while Diego Costa remains in limbo

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/aug/11/chelsea-ill-equipped-summer-stagnation

When conte was hire by Chelsea he was named has head coach not manager of Chelsea something tells me he has no control in signing players which I find wrong and I wouldn't be surprised if conte was to quit our club the way things are looking I think it's going to happening soon or later conte hinted he wanted matic to stay if that's the case who sold matic?? There's a cancer in our club that needs to go and I think it's a board member off our club and we all know who that is I'll probably be called the R for saying this it's Michael Emenalo #EmenaloOut #HireDrogba 

9 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:

20728330_1485877988117465_6598274850030844236_n.thumb.jpg.924318f01cc9003d2d771d671595a34f.jpg

4 In

30 Out (Including Baker)

:ph34r:

Bit misleading, only 6 departees were part of the first team squad and 4 have been replaced.

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

Bit misleading, only 6 departees were part of the first team squad and 4 have been replaced.

Cuadrado, Begovic, RLC, Chalobah, Matic, Aina, Zouma, Traore. 

From my count, it's 8 players who were part of the first team squad at Chelsea (last season or previous seasons).

People crying out for depth...we had depth (Chalobah for CM/DM, Cuadrado for RW/RWB, Traore for ST/Wing) but the club preferred not to keep these players. 

I hope things are turned around..we knew last season we'd need improvements. So many moments where it was obvious..now we have champions league as well and yet...sod all support is there it seems! Still time but we've had months and little done so don't think anything will be

Blame the right people!

12 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

I hope things are turned around..we knew last season we'd need improvements. So many moments where it was obvious..now we have champions league as well and yet...sod all support is there it seems! Still time but we've had months and little done so don't think anything will be

Blame the right people!

Things will not be turned around. We all know that. Next week we will lose against Tottenham away (not a surprise at all) and so on. We all know this will happen.