The Conte Thread

I wonder what Conte's state of mind is right now. The transfers aren't happening quickly but they are slowly trickling in. We appear to be failing miserably at all of his supposed top targets (Bonucci, Van Dijk, Alex Sandro, Lukaku). Surely striker targets are being sorted behind the scenes but nothing seems remotely close. We have absolutely no depth at either wingback position. We don't have a single game changer in attack with Hazard out for a while and Costa AWOL.

Then he sees Pep land his targets almost effortlessly with City just paying literally whatever it takes. Hope he's pressuring our board everyday at Cobham.

38 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I wonder what Conte's state of mind is right now. The transfers aren't happening quickly but they are slowly trickling in. We appear to be failing miserably at all of his supposed top targets (Bonucci, Van Dijk, Alex Sandro, Lukaku). Surely striker targets are being sorted behind the scenes but nothing seems remotely close. We have absolutely no depth at either wingback position. We don't have a single game changer in attack with Hazard out for a while and Costa AWOL.

Then he sees Pep land his targets almost effortlessly with City just paying literally whatever it takes. Hope he's pressuring our board everyday at Cobham.

Like Dani Alves?

26 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Then he sees Pep land his targets almost effortlessly with City just paying literally whatever it takes

Are you being serious that's exactly the position Man City are in they can pay for whoever they want. 50 million quid for Kyle fucking Walker I've said it before and I'll say it again the days of Chelsea paying over the odds for as Alan Sugar (prick but he had a point) Carlos Kickaball are well and truly over.

6 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Like Dani Alves?

He wanted both Alves and Walker. My point still stands, though. Since Pep has been there the City hierarchy have given him just about every target he's asked for. Quite the opposite here.

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

He wanted both Alves and Walker. My point still stands, though. Since Pep has been there the City hierarchy have given him just about every target he's asked for. Quite the opposite here.

Remind me where did Man City come last season ?.

1 minute ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Remind me where did Man City come last season ?.

This season will be a completely different animal for us and every one of our rivals. Can we really afford to settle for 3rd or 4th choice targets while having a substantially increased fixture list and with all our rivals strengthening considerably? I'm not so sure.

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

How do you know? We don't know how many of his signing's actually were 1st choice. For example Bravo was 2nd choice after Ter Stegan said no.

7 minutes ago, Tomo said:

How do you know? We don't know how many of his signing's actually were 1st choice. For example Bravo was 2nd choice after Ter Stegan said no.

Okay, most. Stones, Sané, Jesus, Güdogan, Ederson, Walker, Bernardo. Mendy soon. Pretty clear these are all Pep players.

All I'm concerned about is that Conte's excellent coaching can only go so far if we can't secure him top players. When our closest rivals are signing those top players and we have to settle I'll worry. So far we've done good business but are still miles away in some important positions. I hope to be surprised.

8 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Okay, most. Stones, Sané, Jesus, Güdogan, Ederson, Walker, Bernardo. Mendy soon. Pretty clear these are all Pep players.

All I'm concerned about is that Conte's excellent coaching can only go so far if we can't secure him top players. When our closest rivals are signing those top players and we have to settle I'll worry. So far we've done good business but are still miles away in some important positions. I hope to be surprised.

Rumours were Stones was 2nd choice to Laporte. And Mendy soon? Word is Monaco have assured Mbappe Baka is the last sale.

12 hours ago, Pizy said:

This season will be a completely different animal for us and every one of our rivals. Can we really afford to settle for 3rd or 4th choice targets while having a substantially increased fixture list and with all our rivals strengthening considerably? I'm not so sure.

So you want Chelsea to spend money hand over fist just like both Mancs did last season and are again ?. Mourinho is a dead man walking break the English transfer record for the last two seasons for a couple of flakes like like Pogba and Lukaku. And we all know exactly the type of football Man U will be playing next season. The Europa League final a bunch of kids against an experienced Man U yet he still played ultra defensive it's his raison d'etre. As for Pep it's the emperor's new clothes in summary a couple of wankers and Antonio has got their number.

Chelsea face struggle to name a full matchday squad when Premier League starts... if you discount outcasts and youngsters they have only 17 senior players

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4703434/Chelsea-woe-threadbare-squad-season-approaches.html

Just now, manpe said:

Conte hasn't looked happy in any of the pictures/videos I've seen of him so far this summer.

I still believe there is a major chance he will not sign a new contract and maybe even walk away if the board fails to land his transfer targets.

He's no bullshitter and left Juventus for the same reason. Same goes for managers like Bielsa. They simply walk away. And they should. 

2 minutes ago, Dahnald said:

I still believe there is a major chance he will not sign a new contract and maybe even walk away if the board fails to land his transfer targets.

He's no bullshitter and left Juventus for the same reason. Same goes for managers like Bielsa. They simply walk away. And they should. 

I don't think he would walk away now but it seems he is not going to sign a new contract and I think rightly so. If we don't have Jose's 15/16 season and Conte survives (doesn't get sacked) I think he would give an ultimatum next Summer to get players or he is out. Can't blame Conte. When you win the title and you get no support from board it's pathetic.

Just now, Tautvix said:

I don't think he would walk away now but it seems he is not going to sign a new contract and I think rightly so. If we don't have Jose's 15/16 season and Conte survives (doesn't get sacked) I think he would give an ultimatum next Summer to get players or he is out.

No he's not going to do that. He will leave us. It's as simple as that.

He will never put himself into that position. The board fails to deliver and it taints the whole team including the manager and the teams performances are declining and big Roman comes in with a sharpened axe and sacks Conte while it's his fault and his employees for not landing Conte's targets. 

Conte WILL leave Chelsea if he doesn't get his targets or back-up targets. 

1 hour ago, manpe said:

Conte hasn't looked happy in any of the pictures/videos I've seen of him so far this summer. Can't blame him.

Conte is serious about pre-season work. He knows about the importance of pre-season training, which is the most important period of the season. He will get his striker, but not for every price fucking Torino or Real name it. 100MIL for one season wonder is absolutely crazy.

Chelsea face struggle to name a full matchday squad when Premier League starts... if you discount outcasts and youngsters they have only 17 senior players
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4703434/Chelsea-woe-threadbare-squad-season-approaches.html

That I believe is worrying. Now people wanting us to match Mancs investment is delusional. I'm sure Conte isn't feeling very happy, but I'm sure he doesn't have such expectations either. The board must have told him how things work around here before he signed