The Mourinho Thread

Seems a really innocuous point but it's been getting to me for months now;

Why can't any of our players take set pieces? I mean seriously, Willian, Luiz, Ivan, Schurrle (and even Lamps now) are all just terrible. I don't remember us creating any goals from a corner or free kick in recent memory... It's really weird and I have no idea why it is. Every free kick/corner either doesn't pass the first man or goes well over everyone. Surely that's a basic thing?

Mourinho will get his shit together in the summer and we'll be better next season. He'll have nowhere to hide next season though if we don't get at least a trophy.

Give him the players he needs in the summer, then will see where we are.

3 strikers of Ba, Eto'o and Torres is not good enough, we know it and so does he.

If the midfield is rubbish, the strikers can only do so much...

According to Diego Torres' book (probably bullshit). Mourinho, in his time in charge with Madrid, hardly ever did any "static attack" training. i.e attacking build-up while playing possession football.

Sorry, but that is bullshit of the highest order. There are enough videos/reports from coaches present at open trainings/excersise schemes to contradict this statement.

this season he had the excuse of no proper striker and first season with us

next season the pressure on him will be huge

Yea next season the pressure will be huge, but if there is any that thrives in pressure its Jose ;)

Seems a really innocuous point but it's been getting to me for months now;

Why can't any of our players take set pieces? I mean seriously, Willian, Luiz, Ivan, Schurrle (and even Lamps now) are all just terrible. I don't remember us creating any goals from a corner or free kick in recent memory... It's really weird and I have no idea why it is. Every free kick/corner either doesn't pass the first man or goes well over everyone. Surely that's a basic thing?

Eto'o scored from a corner in our last home match against Sunderland and Ivanovic hit the bar from one in exactly the same game. In fact Luiz hit the post from a free-kick last night as well.

Jose didn't park the bus yesterday. Where is that even coming from?

He might as well have, with the team he selected. what's the fucking point of picking 6 defenders to play ehm open/attacking/counter attacking (whatever you want to call it) football?

One of those defenders was Luiz, a guy who has played more in midfield than he has in defence. You're just regurgitating the shit other fans throw at Mourinho, but we'll forgive you because all the blood probably rushed from your brain to your cock when you woke up this morning and saw the score.

But yeah, he should have chosen Lamps Mikel Matic Oscar Van Ginkel.

:lol:.... OWNED!!!!

They showed that although a counter-attack is their plan A they have a lot more to their game than that. The second half was a clinic. They did exactly what we were incapable of doing which is keep the ball, make them work and then pick them off. Their passing was ridiculously good, they worked the ball all over the field with no player letting them down in possession.

And you know the depressing part, they didn't need to spend £200m plus to achieve it. That's what appointing the right manager, excellent scouting, faith in youth and great planning can achieve. I expect us to spend another £100m plus on technically average players in the summer and back to square one. . . . . . . .

They showed that although a counter-attack is their plan A they have a lot more to their game than that. The second half was a clinic. They did exactly what we were incapable of doing which is keep the ball, make them work and then pick them off. Their passing was ridiculously good, they worked the ball all over the field with no player letting them down in possession.

I'm not sure if you were unaware about this before last night's game, or if it's just a dig at Mourinho.

Simeone has done a fantastic job in his two and a half years at Atletico - in that same time frame we've had FOUR managers. You'd expect any top manager to develop a team to play in their philosophy in that time wouldn't you?