The Mourinho Thread

TBF, having that space behind the defence is fine as long as your entire team presses as a unit effectively over the pitch. The problem like with the case of Bayern yesterday is that their pressing wasn't there and made it easy for Real to catch them out on the counter.

They pressed the Tottenham way, thas was so Villas-Boas.

If we had those stats against Bayern the football world would once again scorn us and call us enemies to the sport.

Real Madrid do it in BOTH legs and are praised and lauded. This is exactly how José wants to mold our side.

I can imagine that countless hack journalists are creaming themselves and salivating at the thought of RM winning the CL. "Did in his first season what Mourinho failed to do in three," they'll say. Never mind the fact that he'll have done it with José's squad and over £100m in transfers.

If we beat the odds and win the thing I hope José just stares directly into the camera silently smiling for 30 seconds straight and then walks away.

I would say yes, but you have to acknowledge that Carlo is more attack minded then Mourinho.

The same team that Mourinho built at Chelsea, was very tough and rigid. When Carlo came we play some amazing stuff.

Now the same at Real Madrid, the wheels has come of.

However when it comes to tactics vs tactics, Mourinho wins straight out. You see what he did to us against Inter.

I still think his a top manager despite this game.

Just like I still think Pep is a top manager despite their game against Real.

One isolated game does not make the difference, you have to look at the whole season and noticed if there's progress.

Chelsea for me has been a great progress.

But there's two points that I need to say.

One we have no creativity. At the beginning of the season we had Mata, KDB and Oscar.

Sold two of them, and the other is now nowhere to be seen.

What the hell happened? Does Mourinho does not like creative players? If not, what is he going to do for that spark in creativity?

And second, I hate this shit that we can't create two passes straight. We are so shit in passing that is borderline insanity.

Atletico is also a defensive counter attacking team, but they play great as a unit and string great passes. This is something Mourinho has to work in our team.

I'm excited for the summer cause I expect Mourinho to make the right changes and make us competitive from the go next season.

However if come next season we are still shit, then we will have to worry about Mourinho. But until that happens I'm still hopeful that we will do good next season.

Impossible to mention Mourinho here: weird tactics in the first leg, and awkward line-up today. Second season in a row, and no trophies for the special one, second season in a row he was outclassed by another manager (Klopp last season).

Just like Guardiola, Mourinho should rethink his football philosophy.

Impossible to mention Mourinho here: weird tactics in the first leg, and awkward line-up today. Second season in a row, and no trophies for the special one, second season in a row he was outclassed by another manager (Klopp last season).

Ignore this guy he only joined when Scolari came and has been bitter ever since we sacked his hero

I think this CL season proved that sometime YOU HAVE TO CHANGE TO SURVIVE. Pep with his tiki-taka dominated Europe from 08-11 but now getting raped like Bara did last season. Jose is a great manager, one of the best there is in the world atm, but he also need to change his approach. Sometime too cautious WILL COST YOU as we seen with this tie with Madrid. If we have gone for an away goal in the 1st leg we might have lost but we could have also give ourselves a better chance today imo.

Last year he tried it with Real too but got destroyed by Dortmund in the 1st leg and ultimately losing it. So once he learns from his mistake and change a little bit next season, we will be a great force again that teams will fear.

I don't think it's that straight-forward though. Guardiola took over the treble winners and made them worse. Mourinho took over the 3rd best team in England and made them much better. Losing to an Atletico side who are a stronger and better team than us, a team that hasn't lost a single game in the CL all season and that has only lost twice in their domestic league. Costa, Turan, Koke, Villa, Courtois, their entire back four, and some genuine quality off the bench in Diego,Rodriguez and Garcia. They are a formidable TEAM.

As for last season in Madrid: It's well known Mourinho had already lost the dressing room. The players were not playing for him anymore but for their fans only. There is no shame in losing to THAT Dortmund team last season. That was a great side. Besides, Madrid kind of redeemed themselves in the 2nd leg, and if not for the poor finishing of Higuain, could have turned it around.

This is more to do with the squad not being strong enough (yet) than Mourinho, I'm sure you already know that. But I do agree with you about the Azpi thing. It was wierd and un-called for. We had to start that game on the front foot. Trying to "stabilize" and build from there only suited Atletico because all they needed was the away goal. They didn't have to win, so Jose takes some of the blame.

I think this CL season proved that sometime YOU HAVE TO CHANGE TO SURVIVE. Pep with his tiki-taka dominated Europe from 08-11 but now getting raped like Bara did last season. Jose is a great manager, one of the best there is in the world atm, but he also need to change his approach. Sometime too cautious WILL COST YOU as we seen with this tie with Madrid. If we have gone for an away goal in the 1st leg we might have lost but we could have also give ourselves a better chance today imo.

Last year he tried it with Real too but got destroyed by Dortmund in the 1st leg and ultimately losing it. So once he learns from his mistake and change a little bit next season, we will be a great force again that teams will fear.

I want to believe Jose is too cautious because he knows the teams limitations. It's up to him now to improve and assemble a team that can compete with the likes of Atletico. We opened up in the second half tonight and we couldn't get near them, they took us apart. We really have to develop a style of play beyond just soaking up pressure and counter-attacking.

I want to believe Jose is too cautious because he knows the teams limitations. It's up to him now to improve and assemble a team that can compete with the likes of Atletico. We opened up in the second half tonight and we couldn't get near them, they took us apart. We really have to develop a style of play beyond just soaking up pressure and counter-attacking.

Do you believe the team is more limited than Atlético, in terms of individual quality?

Yup, pretty much this.