The Mourinho Thread

to start with a 6 def in a CL semi-final , he should go to jail for that....next step is to sell hazard and william and to buy a few more defenders....the football is about scoring goals after all , not about parking the bus....shocking

to start with a 6 def in a CL semi-final , he should go to jail for that....next step is to sell hazard and william and to buy a few more defenders....the football is about scoring goals after all , not about parking the bus....shocking

Did you watch the match on Sunday?!

Mourinho bashers out in full force today I see. What a surprise that they've crawled out of the woodwork after a high profile loss like that. Where were they when we beat Liverpool at Anfield, City at the Etihad or battered Arsenal & Spurs?

Having said that, I do think Mourinho got outfoxed today; playing Azpi in the midfield was a risk and it didn't pay off, and the Eto'o sub was mistimed and smelled of panic. Also, Hazard was another risk that didn't pay off, he was woeful today. Atletico used a similar tactic to us and Simeone applied it better. Schurrle should've started.

However, Mourinho does NOT have that much to work with. The Ramires-Luiz pivot was obviously going to be bad, but what other option did he have? Oscar not fully fit and grossly out of form, MVG just back from a serious injury, Matic cup-tied and Mikel and Lampard banned. We all know about the striker problem too, although I do think Torres was good today when he actually got hold of the ball. On top of all of that aswell was the fact that Terry, Eto'o and Hazard were all not fully fit but he didn't have a choice in playing them, and 'lo and behold; Hazard cost us for 2 goals, Eto'o the other one and this was the worst i've seen JT play in my lifetime. Not their fault, it was risk that had to be taken.

Think how many times this season Mourinho has won us a match due to his tactics. And then compare to the amount of times his tactics have cost us. (The main ones I can think of was 0-0 against Utd earlier in the season and today). Everyone is human, no-one is saying Mourinho is perfect, and while he was beaten fairly today, he's still the best manager around and that's that. We'll be back, better than ever next season, just you wait!

If Real win in Lisbon, how many "Carlo won the CL with Real and Mou didn't" comments are we going to get this summer in this thread alone?

I might have to template "does that make Di Matteo the best manager in our history then?" ready for when they inevitability come up.

Im done watching this park the bus formation, why cant we play like Madrid for example?? Or even Dortmound or the old bayern from last year?

Our squad is the reason.

Do you think a second line up is needed next season?

One for big games playing counter attacking football, and another one vs small teams with creatives Ams playing possession football?

The question is the second half of your comment one of Mourinho's strengths? According to Diego Torres' book (probably bullshit). Mourinho, in his time in charge with Madrid, hardly ever did any "static attack" training. i.e attacking build-up while playing possession football.

Mourinho's thing is setting up the team to play the way we did at City. Defend well and counter-attack with pace. It's how he won the league with Madrid.

The question is the second half of your comment one of Mourinho's strengths? According to Diego Torres' book (probably bullshit). Mourinho, in his time in charge with Madrid, hardly ever did any "static attack" training. i.e attacking build-up while playing possession football.

Mourinho's thing is setting up the team to play the way we did at City. Defend well and counter-attack with pace. It's how he won the league with Madrid.

Not much good if you can't beat farking Stoke and Crystal Palace is it?

Not sure that is a case. Mourinho's teams need a world class CF. Had Drogba at Chelsea, Milito at Inter, and Torres tonight. LOL!

That is the difference.

Its pretty obvious and beaten to death that we have issues with our strikers. But lets not make our strikers the scapegoat for everything. First credit where credit is due our strikers have showed up in a lot of our big games. Yes signing a big time striker will help, but we have deficiency in other areas.

Mou has had a whole season with this squad we will see if he address them. Some i wonder if he sees it as a problem, for example lack of attacking threats from our FBs. If he actually plays like a big sides against good sides.