The Mourinho Thread

They showed that although a counter-attack is their plan A they have a lot more to their game than that. The second half was a clinic. They did exactly what we were incapable of doing which is keep the ball, make them work and then pick them off. Their passing was ridiculously good, they worked the ball all over the field with no player letting them down in possession.

And that's what our team should be able to do, regardless of the results, before we can call trophyless season success.

Nothing we show on the pitch , when we are prevented from playing counter attacking game we excel, suggest to me that we made foundations for next season.

It feels like that despite good results this season, when it comes to our attack or possession play in general, we are back to square one. Lot of work to be done.

They showed that although a counter-attack is their plan A they have a lot more to their game than that. The second half was a clinic. They did exactly what we were incapable of doing which is keep the ball, make them work and then pick them off. Their passing was ridiculously good, they worked the ball all over the field with no player letting them down in possession.

And they learned how to do that by hours of practice on the training ground. Look at Everton, they went from a power team to a team comfortable in possession, with precise passing, clear patterns of play and strong movement.

I find it shocking that a team like Chelsea are so poor with the ball, unless they're on the break. It's unacceptable.

And that's what our team should be able to do, regardless of the results, before we can call trophyless season success.

Nothing we show on the pitch , when we are prevented from playing counter attacking game we excel, suggest to me that we made foundations for next season.

It feels like that despite good results this season, when it comes to our attack or possession play in general, we are back to square one. Lot of work to be done.

So Mourinho should've been able to institute a counter-attacking philosophy as well as a possession-based plan B in his first season, that can be used even when we're facing the team top of La Liga and have Ramires and Luiz in midfield (pass masters don't you know) and are missing our best midfielder and the number 10 who was carrying us earlier in the season....

oh and Torres and Eto'o as our striking options.

Right.

Here's a question - there seems to be a few of you who constantly criticise Mourinho. If you don't think he's the man why don't you have the balls (or cojones to use Diego's word) to actually start a thread entitled 'Mourinho Out'. Better yet, bring a banner or start a chant at the next match and see what response you get.

Roman wanted result at all cost that's why he hired Jose. I don't expect much to change next season in terms oif playing style. I have become accustomed to shit on a stick football that we have been playing since 2010/11 season.

Arsenal will no doubt have fa cup...city have league cup, liverpool/city have title....

We have 3rd place....YIPEEEEE!!!

Tell me again Mou did good....how? Rafa got 3rd AND Europa!

Results need time. Thats all. I didnt expect we will win anything but we almost did. Im not too happy with football we played this year, but once our attack will be complete, we will have realy good counter attacking team.

No mate, it's definitely not a dig at Mourinho. If anything it's a dig at the group of players we've assembled for a huge cost that seem incapable of keeping the ball/doing the basics like passing accurately to a teammate.

I expect us to get better under Mourinho.

Fair enough. I imagine when Jose envisaged his team it didn't have Ramires and Luiz at the heart of it though. He wants players like Matic and maybe even Paulinho who actually have some talent on the ball.

Impossible to mention Mourinho here: weird tactics in the first leg, and awkward line-up today. Second season in a row, and no trophies for the special one, second season in a row he was outclassed by another manager (Klopp last season).

Just like Guardiola, Mourinho should rethink his football philosophy.

did you said this after sunday when we win over Liverpool??

Roman wanted result at all cost that's why he hired Jose. I don't expect much to change next season in terms oif playing style. I have become accustomed to shit on a stick football that we have been playing since 2010/11 season.

Yet Arsenal play the beautiful game and win fuck all.

Go and support them you one dimensional anti-Chelsea :clown:

Fair enough. I imagine when Jose envisaged his team it didn't have Ramires and Luiz at the heart of it though. He wants players like Matic and maybe even Paulinho who actually have some talent on the ball.

Paulinho is exactly the opposite of what we need. He's another Ramires.

The kind of midfielder we sign to partner Matic + the other signings we make this summer will tell us a lot about Mourinho. We'll either try to become a better ball-playing team or just try to be more efficient counter-attackers.

The kind of midfielder we sign to partner Matic + the other signings we make this summer will tell us a lot about Mourinho. We'll either try to become a better ball-playing team or just try to be more efficient counter-attackers.

Paulinho always had a reputation as being more than simply an athlete. He was supposed to be an all-rounder, good in possession, strong defensively, had a few goals in him and even decent in the air. As a replacement for Mikel and Ramires and a third option behind Matic and hopefully a new signing then I'm not entirely against his signing.

For my money he's certainly an upgrade on Ramires if you want to focus on being in possession and not chasing the ball.

did you said this after sunday when we win over Liverpool??

No, he said this.

He is a KING after all. Sometimes he upset his folks, but a KING is always a KING.

I think the wind must've changed or something.

paulinho is not rambo. he is a lot better on the ball. maybe nothing like rakitic but still better than rambo.

so far, all of jose's signings have been very good. willian was pivotal to our system. schurrle and salah showed how much they can impact a game even off the ball against pool. matic has been class.

i have no doubt that we will improve the squad and make it a perfect jose squad. look at it this way, from the start of this particular season, we may very well not have upto 10 players at the start of the next season (mata, kdb, essien, bertrand, mikel, etoo, ba?, torres?, rambo?, luiz?, lamps?, cole?).

we had a lot of work to do on the squad. it definitely was a transition year. despite that, we our 2 points of the leaders with 2 games to go and we were in the CL semis.

Paulinho always had a reputation as being more than simply an athlete. He was supposed to be an all-rounder, good in possession, strong defensively, had a few goals in him and even decent in the air. As a replacement for Mikel and Ramires and a third option behind Matic and hopefully a new signing then I'm not entirely against his signing.

For my money he's certainly an upgrade on Ramires if you want to focus on being in possession and not chasing the ball.

I've seen Paulinho play several times for Spurs and he's nothing like the player you've described there. He's average on the ball and doesn't excel at any one thing, pretty much a jack of all trades and a master of none. We can and should do a hell of a lot better than him.

Jose will have made notes on where it went wrong, he ain't that naive not to take things from it and learn. Everyone learn and put things right no matter the level that the person is at. He needs the second season and to build on what we have done this year. It was a masterstroke by getting Matic back, absolute steel of a price and he has been monumental for us. I also believe Jose is hugely pivotal in the form of John Terry, again back to hos 07-08 form, possibly even better.

There is enough focus and scope for us to build something huge for next season starting with getting shot of a lot of on loan crap such as Marin and Moses. Funds can be raised through sales of certain players who must go, I don't need to spell out who that is, so that and transfers fees plus wages and we can really start spreading it wide in terms of the quality we need.