The Mourinho Thread

What many dont get is that it's not only defending. It's defending exceptionally well, with every player doing what they are supposed to while trusting in one another. We made the best attack in the Premier League look like complete fools!

And for the Loserpool fans calling our "style" anti-football, they better wash their fucking mouths. What we did is well within the rules. However, what really is anti-football is all that cheating that evolves that club: diving, referee's bias, FA protection, non-existing goals, Hillsborough overdose, etc!

I am not sure if you read this quote from Mark Schwarzer, but it's an excellent retort for those fools who feel that Chelsea doesn't play proper footie:

Mark Schwarzer - "It’s quite amusing to hear the criticism because the bottom line is there was a tactic we employed and it worked down to a tee. We played within the rules and we played the best way we thought we could get a result, tried to frustrate Liverpool and it worked.”

I am not sure if you read this quote from Mark Schwarzer, but it's an excellent retort for those fools who feel that Chelsea doesn't play proper footie:

Mark Schwarzer - "It’s quite amusing to hear the criticism because the bottom line is there was a tactic we employed and it worked down to a tee. We played within the rules and we played the best way we thought we could get a result, tried to frustrate Liverpool and it worked.”

He absolutely nailed it.

Zabaleta defending us and Mourinho

That's what really matters. We're in an UCL SF and we're fighting for the title. The haters are jealous and bitter, but deep down everyone thinks this way. They just keep taking jabs because they get their pride hurt by us. I'm sure Zabaleta would say otherwise if they were the ones losing 0x2 to us (he probably did in one of their two defeats to us). That's the thing, they know deep down (as well as all fans in the world) that what matters the most is the result. Teams will progress and start showing better football as long as they have one of two things 1) stability with managers and players staying for long so they can develop a work throughly; 2) an inherited style that defines the club such as Barça with the tiki taka and Real Madrid as a counter-attack team. We don't have either because José didn't even inherited a style as our last 3-4 managers couldn't have any more different styles and they covered only three seasons. So while I think every fan would like a more appealing and beautiful style you won't see them disregarding a title because we didn't play the most attractive football in the world or at least attractive enough (although I don't doubt a few members here would do that).

x

He absolutely nailed it.

I just saw that your responded Rmpr so I am adding your post here. I have been following CFC for a while now, thanks to beauty of Globlization & internet access. The one thing I have noticed is the fact that CFC have always played a counter-attack style. Back when Zola & the lads where there to now. CFC seem to have a good striker that they can punt the ball to & speed on the flanks. Ok maybe you can say in '09 CFC was more tika taka, but it always seemed that CFC would love to have the speed on the break & look for advantages w/ the strikers isolated against slower defenders. Jose has just put this on another level.

Is it just me or are Liverpool fans starting to sound more and more like Arsenal fans circa 2009 to the day?

There's a striking similarities, they think possession = points, they bang on about how they play the 'best football', lose at home to Chelsea and spend days and days after the match telling whoever will listen they morally won, stubborn manager who would rather lose than abandon his 'principles'.
All they need to do now is spectacularly blow the title and they are in every sense off the word the new Arsenal.

Liverpool don't really play possession football anyway. Do they expect every team to come to Anfield and attack, just so they can hit them on the counter? Jose slowed the tempo down, wasted time from very early on and Liverpool had no clue about breaking down the defence

robdog, on 29 Apr 2014 - 05:19 AM, said:

in '09 CFC was more tika taka, but it always seemed that CFC would love to have the speed on the break & look for advantages w/ the strikers isolated against slower defenders. Jose has just put this on another level."

09 CFC was not tiki-taka

Is it just me or are Liverpool fans starting to sound more and more like Arsenal fans circa 2009 to the day?

There's a striking similarities, they think possession = points, they bang on about how they play the 'best football', lose at home to Chelsea and spend days and days after the match telling whoever will listen they morally won, stubborn manager who would rather lose than abandon his 'principles'.
All they need to do now is spectacularly blow the title and they are in every sense off the word the new Arsenal.

What is amusing is that the bindippers don't even play a possession based game this season. They're one of the most direct teams in the league, a huge difference from last season when they were truly a side looking to be patient and wear teams down by denying them the ball.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-0-2-chelsea-jose-mourinho-3469510

That is written by a sore loser.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpools-brendan-rodgers-must-learn-3471311

And this by a proper proper journo.

" Switched his RB to CB, played his LB as RB, gave a match for his LB after a ling time and threw in a rookie for his debut and still managed to win against Liverpool. Brendan Rodgers claimed ng that easy to coach."

What I don't get is why are people quoting others and getting agitated by what these journalists or ex-players or pundits are saying. Who the fuck gives a shit about those guys. Our manager who is also the best manager in the world definitely doesn't. Our players carried out hisinstructions to the last lletter so they don't.

So Why do people want the approval of others?