The Mourinho Thread

it seems the only thing his mind games accomplished was talk us out of the title

maybe he kept saying we're not good enough to win the title one too many times, even our players went on to believe it

if Liverpool could win it, then so could we

I'm sure he would have told the players not to believe what he says in the media. His message would be completely different in the dressing room. If the players are so easily 'persuaded' mentally to believe what Mourinho says in the media, then it's no wonder that we are struggling out on the pitch in the last month or so.

Jose talks a lot of shit with the media. It certainly does not help the players to read about it.

What gets said in the media will have little to no affect on the players. What gets said behind the scenes is what matters. Press conferences and interviews are are all corporate-line bull just to keep the press, public and fans happy.

Just like when you are at the airport and you get told your flight has been delayed for "technical difficulties." There's an engineer behind the scenes saying "the planes fucked."

There are very few managers (and on rare occasions) that will use the press to get a message across to their players. A good manager, especially at the level of Chels and other big clubs in the spotlight will be keeping the players feet on the grounds and telling them not to worry about what the media say.

If that's the case, telling players not to believe what he says with the media, then what did he actually accomplish? Fuck all.

On one hand, it is probably mind game and his intentions were clearly to take the pressure off the team and heap it onto City. He would be telling the players the opposite thing. But of course, this could have gone either way. If we are in a strong position to win the title like Liverpool now, people would be praising him for doing that but since we are not, people are obviously slam him for saying such things (and some have probably enjoyed it). Hindsight is a wonderful thing, eh?

On the other hand, was it even wrong of Mourinho to say what he did in the media? The issues with this team are clear and any blind fella can even see it themselves but people, more often than not, like to call it mind games, criticize Mourinho etc for saying it because he's Mourinho

What gets said in the media will have little to no affect on the players. What gets said behind the scenes is what matters. Press conferences and interviews are are all corporate-line bull just to keep the press, public and fans happy.

Just like when you are at the airport and you get told your flight has been delayed for "technical difficulties." There's an engineer behind the scenes saying "the planes fucked."

There are very few managers (and on rare occasions) that will use the press to get a message across to their players. A good manager, especially at the level of Chels and other big clubs in the spotlight will be keeping the players feet on the grounds and telling them not to worry about what the media say.

Wrong assessment, in my view. The players, the club would be much better off if he shuts up.

On one hand, it is probably mind game and his intentions were clearly to take the pressure off the team and heap it onto City. He would be telling the players the opposite thing. But of course, this could have gone either way. If we are in a strong position to win the title like Liverpool now, people would be praising him for doing that but since we are not, people are obviously slam him for saying such things (and some have probably enjoyed it). Hindsight is a wonderful thing, eh?

On the other hand, was it even wrong of Mourinho to say what he did in the media? The issues with this team are clear and any blind fella can even see it themselves but people, more often than not, like to call it mind games, criticize Mourinho etc for saying it because he's Mourinho

I would rather see Jose not saying anything about it.

For our players and the fans, the growth we'll experience because of this 'pain' is going to make us stronger. We'll channel this loss and come back next year with more purpose and drive. We needed to lose for that. It's more beneficial in the long-term.

I won't get into the manager debate. Jose makes his mistakes, that's for sure. But his love for the club is more apparent to me then pretty much any other manager in any other club at this level. It's cliche, but he's one of us. Even if he's not the best, I want to keep him. His heart and drive, combined with his talent and genius, is more than enough for me.

:cry::clap:

Not sure if this has already been posted but the linesman is from Liverpool. No wonder he didn't give a foul for the push on Ramires for the header (which would've been a penalty red card), disallowed Terry's goal because of an apparent 'push' by Matic and awarded them a penalty when Altidore essentially dived. Unbelievable.

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/jake-collin/35/659/560

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/other-sport/corinthian-jake-collin-journey-city-3382790

Unfuckinbelievable!!!!!

Just seen you basically said the same thing I said 20 minutes before me. Really should refresh that page before I post!

Bushman I think the what was accomplished in the conference was a public display of support for the players. Again with a real world example, if your buddy has a disagreement with someone you usually back your buddy up then tell him when he's away from the spotlight what your real opinion is. But in public you support him. Jose supported the players in public. Whether he meant it or not will have been determined in the dressing room.

Secondly, he accomplished making his feelings and thoughts on the referees clear. He was clearly upset and maybe it was heat of the moment statements but they had been said and he has to stick by them. I don't see why referees should get away with it all the time. They should be called out. I still don't agree it's all their fault but they shouldn't be getting away with such poor performances.

Just seen you basically said the same thing I said 20 minutes before me. Really should refresh that page before I post!

Bushman I think the what was accomplished in the conference was a public display of support for the players. Again with a real world example, if your buddy has a disagreement with someone you usually back your buddy up then tell him when he's away from the spotlight what your real opinion is. But in public you support him. Jose supported the players in public. Whether he meant it or not will have been determined in the dressing room.

Secondly, he accomplished making his feelings and thoughts on the referees clear. He was clearly upset and maybe it was heat of the moment statements but they had been said and he has to stick by them. I don't see why referees should get away with it all the time. They should be called out. I still don't agree it's all their fault but they shouldn't be getting away with such poor performances.

Somehow, you are missing the whole fucking point. I was not talking about last night´s Jose only. I am talking about his PC over the whole season. He has accomplished fuck all by talking shit only. He only alienated FA, media...

Tbh, i think everything around Jose is exaggerated. Going both ways.

When we win its because of Mourniho. When we lose its because of Mourinho.

This isn't true. Mourinho has been very useful in improving our defensive solidity unifying the team and been his usual self. But he isn't responsible for every loss the same way he isn't responsible for every win.

Loaning out lukaku, Alienating and selling kdb, selling Mata to man fn Utd and keeping Ramirez on the field regardless of his ability/performance. I hold all these against him...but i love the guy and believe he's a great coach to have

Yeah...then I'm sure people will still complain about his quietness and for not saying anything. People will always find fault with Mourinho, one way or another...

Personally, I do not need to look for faults with Jose. I already know about them. Just shut up or send somebody else to talk to the media. We both know, Jose is not well liked in England, most people are happy to see him dropping points, not winning anything, his reputation is not the brightest as soon as he opens his mouth.

All we want is a better brand of football.

Jose is experienced enough and a great manager.

It is not that he can not play such football, but simply whether he will want to play that brand of exciting footy vs an efficient style.

I hope its the former next season. Who said we cant win the league playing some sexy stuff?

it is only matter of time that Jose Mourinho will be sacked. Mourinho has lost his spark and Interestingness and I am tired of him and I knew that it was not a good idea for him to come back. Number 1 rule in football never bring back old players or old Managers that have played or been apart of the Team before.