The Mourinho Thread

The bizarre part about that Mata situation was how some on here kept blaming him for our poor league form in the past two seasons much in the same way people are now blaming our strikers for losses against Sunderland, Villa, Crystal Palace etc. Such simplistic thinking, it's unreal. Mata scored 12 goals and 12 assists in an under-performing team, sad how people just dis-valued that.02

Oscar was on form at that time, no one expected this kind of collapse from him.

Mata is far more consistent and we ended up missing that sadly.

So our 0-0 draw away to United wasn't anything to do with the lack of a striker? OK.

A striker should help to create chances by dragging players out of position and creating space. Eto'o doesn't do that. Ba doesn't do that. Torres doesn't do that.

Nor do they provide a rough ride for defenders through their physicality. Nor do they provide a decent aerial threat for crosses.

We do struggle against teams that defend deep against us, but I think the problem lies with our clearly inadequate strike-force. I've explained this to you time and time again.

I just saw your post, I don't know who u were talkin to but its just funny how we've underestimated the importance of a proper striker. But we all watched drogba carry an average side to win the champions league with vital goals and physically making life difficult for defenders.

What do our strikers offer???? Pace? no

physicality? No

long range goals? No individualistic goals like even sterling does? No

They can only score when placed with the ball 5yards in front of goal and people are wondering why its easy to shut us out. We are all looking for entertaining football but we played that last season without strikers and we finished 15 points behind champions and out of the title race by January.

Strikers are the most important part of a top team.

Jose said what we all wanted to say.. He literally does symbolify what the club is all about. Us against the world if you want me to make it cheesy.

If we wanted someone who could speak well in PC's, then Carlo would have been here. He's literally the lovechild of a PR maniac and an idealist.

Completely agree, Mourinho want his team to have that mentality which is why he is a good manager for team like us and

not so much for Real Madrid (Carlo imo is a better coach for real).

Completely agree, Mourinho want his team to have that mentality which is why he is a good manager for team like us and

not so much for Real Madrid (Carlo imo is a better coach for real).

exactly. they need a good public image and so on.

Chelsea doesn't. We're kinda like the exact opposite.

Judge him on next season

This season was always going to be a difficult one, it's actually been a lot better than I thought

This.

Was never going to be easy first season, knew the team would be inconsistent.

Next season is when all this progress should pay off.

If not then Mourinho would have turned into another Clough, amazing at their top and then a decline afterwards, like every manager. SAF is an anomaly, not everyone can be like him, maintain yourself at the top for a long sustainable period.

This.

Was never going to be easy first season, knew the team would be inconsistent.

Next season is when all this progress should pay off.

If not then Mourinho would have turned into another Clough, amazing at their top and then a decline afterwards, like every manager. SAF is an anomaly, not everyone can be like him, maintain yourself at the top for a long sustainable period.

mourinho already proved himself staying in the top for 11 years now. 15 to go

The game basically explained our season in 90 mins. The finishing from this Chelsea side this season hasn't been up to scratch and its cost us.

Finishing? That will imply that we are actually creating clear cut chances which isn't the case at all.

This is what clear cut chances and bad finishing looks like.

I had actually be a whole lot more positive and optimistic if our players have been having chances like to ones in the video posted to score from.

If people are going to keep bringing up our strikers for the fault of our midfield I'm bringing up the sale of Mata as the worst decision Jose has made this season.

The sale of Mata cost us dearly. Not only with his vision & playmaking but his immaculate set piece delivery.

Same goes for KDB. Another right footer who has great set piece delivery. Caused Dortmund all kinds of problems with his set piece deliveries.

Same goes for KDB. Another right footer who has great set piece delivery. Caused Dortmund all kinds of problems with his set piece deliveries.

Mata was playing shit AND KdB looked hopeless...

Sunderland nearly beat City

Why the overreaction on players? City have some great players and found it tough going!

Credit to Sunderland they wanted it more! It had nothing to do with better players - man for man ALL of our players are better than theirs - THIS was and will always be about HEART and DESIRE - they had it, we didn't...

I can't blame Jose for that - he would have been meticulous in his planning as always - not his fault he has inherited a team of pussies...

People really do need to calm down with the Sunderland result.

First of all, given where we were last year we have taken a massive step forward. Players have been fighting for the league. This will make them mentally stronger for next season.

Honestly, at the state of the season all the Chelsea fans that I talked to were happy for 3rd spot and CL quarter final. Of course, thats what Jose tried to tell us too, but the media tried to tag it as 'mind games'. It was always going to be about winning next season. Sure, if we won it this year it would have been special and a real bonus.

I just think we need to look at the bright side. We have a huge game, on Tuesday, to focus on and can still end the season better than many expected.

Lets just trust in Jose and KTBFFH!!

I don't think managers matter much unless they are completely incompetent and we've done as well/poorly under Mourinho as we likely would have done under any other competent manager but it's been a fairly disappointing season. We're really no better than last year despite spending a lot of money and re-shaping the team the way Jose wanted. The Mourinho hire never really made sense to me based on the players Chelsea had and what reportedly Roman wanted. RDM was fired for not being able to bring a consistent attacking system to Chelsea. Why hire a defensive coach in Mourinho then? Our back four has gotten much stronger but it's come at a massive cost upfront where we completely lack creativity and imagination. Our attacking players have all, with the exception of Hazard, gone backwards. Even Ramires who I and many people thought would flourish under Mourinho has been worse. We have had a great run in the CL but most of that is due to playing really no decent teams until the quarter finals. We played poorly in the group stages and had we had a group like we did last year, we very likely would have finished second and forced to play someone like Bayern or Barcelona instead of Gallatasaray or been disqualified outright.

We will win under Mourinho eventually because we spend too much money not to eventually win with any manager (Except maybe David Moyes).

Jose came, named himself " the happy one," guided Chelsea to fight for the PL, is getting a chance to win the CL. An amazing feat for his first year, I feel.

Then, there are those blemishes on his CV. Loaned Lukaku, sold Mata & KDB.

Current Chelsea is not scoring goals, mind you, it´s not his fault. What is waiting for Jose in the next season, one may ask?

I hope, much better than results in this season.