The Mourinho Thread

We're talking about what they did under Mourinho so bringing up the 09-10 season is completely irrelevant. Also anyone who describes Essien as a DM is clearly uninformed. Obviously, he could play that role admirably as emphasized by his performance against Gerrard in the 08/09 CL QF's but he clearly did the most damage in a B2B role.

Hazard is better than Cole simply because of his superior intelligence and his physical gifts. I think if we compare their ball skills there isn't that much of a difference between the two. Hazard is brilliant but Cole was destined for greatness as well before injuries completely derailed his career.

Shameless plug in. (When I had loads of time)

Not sure how there's an argument about Eden Hazard being in the team, especially for Cole. I'd probably have Duff ahead of him to be honest but Hazard has already shown this season that he's one of the greatest talents we've ever had at this club.

Not sure how there's an argument about Eden Hazard being in the team, especially for Cole. I'd probably have Duff ahead of him to be honest but Hazard has already shown this season that he's one of the greatest talents we've ever had at this club.

Cole helped win 2 PL titles for us, I'm not saying Hazard isn't the better player but it's clearly a discussion for now. Cole had 2 great seasons for us and one outstanding one.

Amazed at some of history revisionism going on in this thread. Ballack was apparently world class for us from the start, Essien was limited beyond a DM role and now Joe Cole isn't in Hazard's class.

We definitely would have won the League in 06/07 if Cole didn't get injured.

Hazard is better than Cole simply because of his superior intelligence and his physical gifts. I think if we compare their ball skills there isn't that much of a difference between the two.

Exactly my point...

Cole was very talented, but Hazard is an elite talent, and that's why he gets in the team over Cole for me.

If Hazard had the chance to play with a prime Lampard, Drogba and Robben etc. he would've definitely done better than Cole simply because he is the better footballer.

We're talking about what they did under Mourinho so bringing up the 09-10 season is completely irrelevant. Also anyone who describes Essien as a DM is clearly uninformed. Obviously, he could play that role admirably as emphasized by his performance against Gerrard in the 08/09 CL QF's but he clearly did the most damage in a B2B role.

Hazard is better than Cole simply because of his superior intelligence and his physical gifts. I think if we compare their ball skills there isn't that much of a difference between the two. Hazard is brilliant but Cole was destined for greatness as well before injuries completely derailed his career.

Shameless plug in. (When I had loads of time)

Is there anything that is not related to Jose, since he is Chelsea´s manager?

I made this wallpaper in honor of Mourinho's best XI in period 2004-2014. If you agree with this team choice just like this post, but if not please expalin below.

ESD8QgF.jpg

Ferreira over Iva at RB, but other than that I'd choose the exact same XI with an honorary mention for the Bison.

I made this wallpaper in honor of Mourinho's best XI in period 2004-2014. If you agree with this team choice just like this post, but if not please expalin below.

ESD8QgF.jpg

Very good,

But in my opinion your missing Zola .

He would get into a prem best 11.

My bad should read properly lol.

Jose never coached Zola! :lol:

Lol new there would be 1.

I did edit my mistake. (note to self read before jumping in)

Ssshhh just keep it between me and you buddy, if Mr Ashburner finds out he will punish us both !

Ballack's job on the filed wasn't apparent and appreciative, but when he left Chelsea we have seen how important he was. Season 2010-11 was trashy without trophies. Something was missing in our game 'kaz game was really chaotic. Missing thing was a German who was connecting the dots at the pitch more than we think. I think you can't compare Ballack and Essien, 'kaz Essien was real DMF as Makelele. Ballack was classic CMF. So question is Makelele or Essien (even though sometimes they played together), not Ballack or Essien. Ballack had more forwarding skills. I like Essien same as Ballack, that is the truth. But I think Ballack should be on this wallpaper, as he is. Essien can be bench member of Best XI.

I don't think Ballack would have made any difference in 10-11 (it's also worth noting he was hardly pulling up trees when we were struggling under Scolari). Our issues that season ran so deep that not one player could have papered over the cracks, let alone solved them.
We signed Mata that summer and while individually he was a breath off fresh air, our issues collectively were still there. Last season we were going back in the right direction but still weren't out off the woods and this season we have made great steps in recovery and hopefully we will never let the squad stagnate so bad again.