The Mourinho Thread

Its easier to play against Real than Bayern though. dont get why you think we could beat Bayern eager than Madrid. Madrid are not a team for now (a lot of individualism in the system), while Bayern is a PERFECT team. dont think that the Super Cup result is relevant at all. this was the beginning of the season and Bayern was nowhere as good as they are now. Bayern could also easily smash us, if they have a very good day. Bayern would be really the least opponent I would like to have. Madrid is more vulnerable, especially in defense and on counter-attacks. Futhermore their system isnt worked out yet and has some flaws in it. especially when the opponent is pressing them high on the pitch, they are looking lost at times (Atletico game for example). Bayern is the best team in the world right now and we would struggle with their speed and their pressing. Especially with Matic missing and our pivot being not that good.

Best opponent would be Piräus/United though without a doubt. Atletico,Dortmund, Barca would be tough opponents, but beatable. PSG, Real, Bayern would be the least I want.

I gave you exactly why and furthermore that's my opinion, so we're not discussing facts here. For me it's about match-ups. I think Bayern's style is less challenging for us than RM. Simple like that, never said Bayern is a better or worse team nor that it would be easy. We drew with Bayern in a glorified friendly a week after we were slammed by Real Madrid - in case you don't remember... All three teams progressed a lot since then, but I think the difficulties each team offers would still be the same and I think we can handle better a possession team like Bayern, than an explosive, offensive and mainly objective Real Madrid. You talk about Bayern not being the same team then, but you seem to ignore we aren't the same as well. I'm talking about styles, not simply about those matches, but I think one thing we can take from those matches is that RM and Bayern improved, but they didn't change their philosophies. I hope we don't get either, but between the two of them, I'd rather Bayern.

4 goals conceded in the PL in 3 months.... 4 goals! Bloody 'ell. Ok, don't let me jinx it, but that's incredible.

Just shows that a consistent defence equals consistent results, the best form off defence is to attack notion is bullshit, we have been picking off those type off teams for years.

I just watched the press conference. Jose says the squad is too thin now.

Then I would like to ask. At the beginning of this season, Chelsea had plenty of players, players were sitting around, but now the team is too thin?

I made this wallpaper in honor of Mourinho's best XI in period 2004-2014. If you agree with this team choice just like this post, but if not please expalin below.

Jesus Christ, that team would have been the best of all time! :wank2:

Do you have that in 1920x1080?

The great thing about the internet is that someone at some point will say something that has never been said, perhaps never even been thought before.

Personally I think he's the most balanced footballer I've ever seen. Technically he's up there with the Gullits, Hoddles and Zolas for the majesty with which he would sometimes stride across the pitch. Tall, strong, good in the air, great with both feet, a howitzer of a shot and a real leader of men.

Lost one Champions League final on penalties and screwed out of another one by that bald cunt.

Overrated. :D

:rolleyes: He's a footballing legend, but wasn't nearly as good at Chelsea as people make it seem.

Personally my team would probably be this:

Cech

Essien - Carvalho - Terry - Cole

Makelele

Ballack - Lampard

Robben - Drogba - Hazard

I know Essien is not a RB but I want both him and Ballack in the team. However, if I had to chose between the two it'd probably be Essien.

Ballack's job on the filed wasn't apparent and appreciative, but when he left Chelsea we have seen how important he was. Season 2010-11 was trashy without trophies. Something was missing in our game 'kaz game was really chaotic. Missing thing was a German who was connecting the dots at the pitch more than we think. I think you can't compare Ballack and Essien, 'kaz Essien was real DMF as Makelele. Ballack was classic CMF. So question is Makelele or Essien (even though sometimes they played together), not Ballack or Essien. Ballack had more forwarding skills. I like Essien same as Ballack, that is the truth. But I think Ballack should be on this wallpaper, as he is. Essien can be bench member of Best XI.

I think you can't compare Ballack and Essien, 'kaz Essien was real DMF as Makelele. Ballack was classic CMF.

I don't think this is true at all, Essien had his best games for us when he wasn't playing as a DM but as a B2B CM, where I used to think he was the best CM in the world at the time.