The Mourinho Thread

"Retarded" is not a nice phrase, please do not use it.

Somebody compared us to Nazis earlier, that must've slipped through the mods' fingers.

As for Roman? I've had 12 years to accept the club is Roman's plaything (When he ordered Ranieri to get rid of fan favourites like Zola and Wisey (<----------YES THAT'S WRONG I AM THINKING OF THE BATES YEARS), sacked RDM a month after winning the CL, injected money into an ageing squad, sacked Ranieri after a "poor" CL showing, brought Jose to the club which turned out to be a key point in the club's history and we would not be having this conversation if not for him etc etc); it has its pros and cons and at the end of the day without him we'd be deep in it; I think Batesy was selling and we were very nearly bust in '03, now we would probably not have a ground, let alone expanding it.

Your right about the word, I'm sorry my friend.

But other then that I still think that everything the fans do are totally in their accord except this.

We can't have someone second guessing our owner as one of us. You can see he was at pains about the whole situation.

He really waited till as long as possible to make this decision. Gave him plenty of time to make it work, but he could no longer turn it around.

I was thinking in the wrong time period. It was a demand issued by the board; before the time of Roman however.

Probably should edit that post.

I really have no memory of that happening. In the season 2002-3 Ranieri only bought two players because we were in such financial turmoil De Lucas on a free and Oliveria for £500,000 yet he managed to get us into fourth. No mean achievement and should not be forgotten. To have your hands tied financially and yet manage to get us Champions League football and was the catalyst for Roman's arrival.

Your right about the word, I'm sorry my friend.

But other then that I still think that everything the fans do are totally in their accord except this.

We can't have someone second guessing our owner as one of us. You can see he was at pains about the whole situation.

He really waited till as long as possible to make this decision. Gave him plenty of time to make it work, but he could no longer turn it around.

Yeah I understand why he sacked him. I just don't agree with the circumstances; for me the players should be held accountable and it really winds me up that a fan favourite has to be sacked to appease mercenary players. Anyway, let's not go down that road again.

I really have no memory of that happening. In the season 2002-3 Ranieri only bought two players because we were in such financial turmoil De Lucas on a free and Oliveria for £500,000 yet he managed to get us into fourth. No mean achievement and should not be forgotten. To have your hands tied financially and yet manage to get us Champions League football and was the catalyst for Roman's arrival.

Ranieri's very first season I believe. I could of course be completely wrong but that's my memory for you!

I hope you don't get on this forum anymore.

Ah, one can only hope.

He is just a wind up merchant, too much enjoing the whole situation and sadness.

Put him on your ignore list, someday he will get bored, at least one can hope.

all valid points, all points they are certainly willing to throw out of the window if they can go back to winning ways. They need to start winning again and nothing better than a manager who is a winner and won't last too long anyway. When they regain their aura, they can look for someone like you described. I have no doubts he'll go to Manchester and if that's the case, they'll win again. I just preferred if he went to Madrid instead.

Pretty certain he'll go there. Combover Charlton has little influence at the Theatre of Shit any more, conversely the Greedy Glaziers would jump at the chance at some instant gratification, and could cope with 'the difficult second album' (Mourinhos chaotic third season), if it means silverware.

The other clue was in Mourinhos second paragraph today, when he said hes staying in the UK.

all valid points, all points they are certainly willing to throw out of the window if they can go back to winning ways. They need to start winning again and nothing better than a manager who is a winner and won't last too long anyway. When they regain their aura, they can look for someone like you described. I have no doubts he'll go to Manchester and if that's the case, they'll win again. I just preferred if he went to Madrid instead.

Maybe. United do want success but I'm not sure if they are THAT desperate till the point they will hire anyone who can bring them that. Managing a global brand/club like United is more than just winning trophies, it's also important to maintain a good image in the public. I'm sure they would ask among themselves whether Mourinho is really worth the trouble despite the guaranteed success. We all know his antics can grow extremely tiresome after some time and they would have noted how ridiculous things go with him this season alone.

Chelsea news: Jose Mourinho pleaded for Roman Abramovich's help

Jose Mourinho believed that a face-to-face pep talk from Roman Abramovich would help drag his Chelsea first team squad out of their slump in the weeks leading up to his dismissal, and requested that the Russian deliver one, The Telegraph can reveal.
But the club’s owner only did so after the sacking of Mourinho, addressing the players after training at Cobham on Friday when he told them that it was their responsibility to turn around the season, starting with Sunderland who they beat 3-1 at Stamford Bridge to climb to 15th place.

Sources close to Mourinho said that he has had no contact from those two or others, including director Marina Granovskaia, chairman Bruce Buck and club secretary David Barnard. In his programme notes for Saturday’s match, Buck paid tribute to Mourinho and said that Abramovich and the board had “anguished” over the decision to sack him. Chelsea confirmed that Guus Hiddink would take over the club until the end of the season.

The Sunday Telegraph has learnt that on Wednesday Mourinho attended a board meeting with Abramovich, Granovskaia and Tenenbaum all present. He was asked then what he would do in their position. Mourinho responded by saying that he would not presume to be able to run a football club from top to bottom but there were others at Chelsea who should also be asked questions of.

The following day he took training, ate Christmas lunch with his players, and returned to his office to find Tenenbaum waiting for him. The Chelsea director, and long-term aide to Abramovich, said that the board had decided to sack the manager. After leaving that afternoon, Mourinho spoke to his players by phone. When he returned at 10.30am the following day they were already training. He cleared his office of personal items and left all his initialled training kit in the corridor outside his door. He then shook the hand or hugged all members of staff at Cobham, some of whom were in tears, but left without seeing any of the club hierarchy. During that morning Abramovich did address the players. Mourinho will return to Portugal in the next few days to see his father Jose Mourinho Felix, who has been seriously ill.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/12060234/Chelsea-news-Jose-Mourinho-pleaded-for-Roman-Abramovichs-help.html

Maybe. United do want success but I'm not sure if they are THAT desperate till the point they will hire anyone who can bring them that. Managing a global brand/club like United is more than just winning trophies, it's also important to maintain a good image in the public. I'm sure they would ask among themselves whether Mourinho is really worth the trouble despite the guaranteed success. We all know his antics can grow extremely tiresome after some time and they would have noted how ridiculous things go with him this season alone.

Why is managing a 'global brand like Man Utd' any different to managing a global brand like Chelsea ? Its all about the money, money, money, ..and in the case of NY floated, debt ridden Utd even more so.

The only question in all honesty is whether Mourinho would accept.

United would be crazy if they get Mourinho. The man is not worth the trouble, and his best belongs to 5 or 6 years ago. If I was Mourinho I would leave Preamier League behind, specially if Guardiola is around next season, and perhaps Simeone. He will be fully exposed as a pretty outdated manager.

I really hope he gets the Red's job, that will be another reason to stay in front of them next season.