Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

The Mourinho Thread


 Share
Followers 4

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 38.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Jas

    1684

  • Fernando

    1139

  • xPetrCechx

    1102

  • Tomo

    871

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I love how the media have even managed to brainwash even a section off our own supporters with this bus parking bollox, it's truly unbelievable. The games in question mainly were Old Trafford, The Em

I'm genuinely surprised by how some don't seem to realize how bad the situation really is. This is by far worse than any of the 'bad runs' by any of our previous managers. It's our worst start to a se

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Help us you Legend next week! We love you ❤️

It's this Sunday, 2 hours before we kick off in the semi-final...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

'I am champion of the last five matches': Mourinho defends Tottenham record

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jul/24/jose-mourinho-defends-record-with-tottenham-going-in-right-direction?utm_term=31030b69138c4948807edeb505e00782

José Mourinho has issued a not so subtle reminder that he remains a “Special One” by emphasising that Tottenham’s Premier League record since he succeeded Mauricio Pochettino last November is the fourth-best in the top tier.

Spurs are destined to finish sixth or seventh following their trip to Crystal Palace on Sunday, with their Europa League qualification hopes hinging on results elsewhere, but the manager maintains the league table obscures the quality of his work.

“If this is about individuals and my individual approach, I’m fourth in the league,” a relaxed Mourinho said in answer to a question as to whether he still ranked among the world’s best managers.

“If you think I need to show something, OK I’m going to try,” said the Portuguese, who has collected 25 senior trophies in four different countries. “I arrive [when the team were] 14th, eight points difference to Arsenal but if the league starts then no problem. And, if you want to laugh with me, I am the champion of the last five matches.”

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Vesper said:

'I am champion of the last five matches': Mourinho defends Tottenham record

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jul/24/jose-mourinho-defends-record-with-tottenham-going-in-right-direction?utm_term=31030b69138c4948807edeb505e00782

José Mourinho has issued a not so subtle reminder that he remains a “Special One” by emphasising that Tottenham’s Premier League record since he succeeded Mauricio Pochettino last November is the fourth-best in the top tier.

Spurs are destined to finish sixth or seventh following their trip to Crystal Palace on Sunday, with their Europa League qualification hopes hinging on results elsewhere, but the manager maintains the league table obscures the quality of his work.

“If this is about individuals and my individual approach, I’m fourth in the league,” a relaxed Mourinho said in answer to a question as to whether he still ranked among the world’s best managers.

“If you think I need to show something, OK I’m going to try,” said the Portuguese, who has collected 25 senior trophies in four different countries. “I arrive [when the team were] 14th, eight points difference to Arsenal but if the league starts then no problem. And, if you want to laugh with me, I am the champion of the last five matches.”

How about you praise the team instesd of yourself Jose you child.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, DDA said:

How about you praise the team instesd of yourself Jose you child.

This is now typical Jose. When all is good, everything is about him. He will mention publicly team (or just they) when things go south.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Milan said:

This is now typical Jose. When all is good, everything is about him. He will mention publicly team (or just they) when things go south.

gods are self-centred

:cig:

 

Divine inspiration: Jose Mourinho compares his popularity with Jesus

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/real-madrid-boss-jose-mourinho-1377084

Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho compares his popularity with Jesus ...

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Vesper said:

“If you think I need to show something, OK I’m going to try,” said the Portuguese, who has collected 25 senior trophies in four different countries. “I arrive [when the team were] 14th, eight points difference to Arsenal but if the league starts then no problem. And, if you want to laugh with me, I am the champion of the last five matches.”

LOL Did Mourinho change facts again to suit his agenda or he unintentionally forgot about it?

Yes, Spurs were 14th when he took over but Arsenal weren't 8 points ahead of them. They were only 3 ahead and 8 places better off but it was only 1 win separating the two. :doh: 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jason said:

LOL Did Mourinho change facts again to suit his agenda or he unintentionally forgot about it?

Yes, Spurs were 14th when he took over but Arsenal weren't 8 points ahead of them. They were only 3 ahead and 8 places better off but it was only 1 win separating the two. :doh: 

Im starting to wonder if he's just taking the piss and playing a character at this point, things like that and his inflation of Drogba's goal tally under him is just too obvious!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Tomo said:

Im starting to wonder if he's just taking the piss and playing a character at this point, things like that and his inflation of Drogba's goal tally under him is just too obvious!

Hard not to think so. I mean Drogba was great but who on earth thought he was prolific!? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Tremendous. Love him or hate him, he knows exactly what to say which will inevitably get a reaction out of OGS again who said managers were trying to influence referees. 

Image

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Tremendous. Love him or hate him, he knows exactly what to say which will inevitably get a reaction out of OGS again who recently said managers were trying to influence referees by running a narrative that United always get penalties and freekicks through VAR. 

Exactly, more managers with balls should say the same, its beyond a horrible joke. It just goes to show that if you apply a good dose of Var, you CAN polish a turd .

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Exactly, more managers with balls should say the same, its beyond a horrible joke. It just goes to show that if you apply a good dose of Var, you CAN polish a turd .

Thats one thing about Mourinho I have always liked or admired. He isnt afraid to speak his mind regarding things like this or even in the past using psychology to get into his opposite numbers head before a game. I love that shit and wish more managers would use mind games or ‘we are club X we dont like club Y’ as it brings a bit more spectacle. Pep and Klopp are top coaches although they are very much the opposite with these mind games but I think Alex Ferguson was also a master at it along with Jose over the years. Also love seeing games where people just lose the fucking plot, that 2-2 v Spurs when we basically handed Leicester the title, despite the madness, the poor discipline, Hiddink getting floored, some of the challenges, that is what a big derby game should be about, well... to a lesser extent anyway. Everyones just all too matey now a days. No edge. No Ferguson-Benitez or Mourinho-Wenger rivalries and it is something I think these top games do lack at times, particularly the really fucking shit ones you watch where fuck all happens, the build up and the edge that these games used to have going into them, they dont have it anymore - I mean even if they did go out and its not the best game, you still had plenty to talk about.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Thats one thing about Mourinho I have always liked or admired. He isnt afraid to speak his mind regarding things like this or even in the past using psychology to get into his opposite numbers head before a game. I love that shit and wish more managers would use mind games or ‘we are club X we dont like club Y’ as it brings a bit more spectacle. Pep and Klopp are top coaches although they are very much the opposite with these mind games but I think Alex Ferguson was also a master at it along with Jose over the years. Also love seeing games where people just lose the fucking plot, that 2-2 v Spurs when we basically handed Leicester the title, despite the madness, the poor discipline, Hiddink getting floored, some of the challenges, that is what a big derby game should be about, well... to a lesser extent anyway. Everyones just all too matey now a days. No edge. No Ferguson-Benitez or Mourinho-Wenger rivalries and it is something I think these top games do lack at times, particularly the really fucking shit ones you watch where fuck all happens, the build up and the edge that these games used to have going into them, they dont have it anymore - I mean even if they did go out and its not the best game, you still had plenty to talk about.

YOu said it mate....also why I like Keane as a pundit. Players hug and kiss one another every game, save that shit for later not game-time. Yes Fergie did it too but as you said very very few managers do that anymore.

If managers see blatant shit going on with var and refs then speak up, make them understand this shit will not fly any longer, instead they get banned and fined heavily, its BS.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

He does best when he is underdog. He won CL with Porto and Inter but failed with us and Madrid.

First season was always to write it off. Spurs can be very dangerous with him.

His priority is to fix defense. He is capable we all know of making a team to concede less than 30 goals in the league.

They have worst full backs pairing in the league. Rose and Aurier. 

Not sure about their budget but if I am Jose I would go for Tagliafico. One of the best full backs defensively plus cheap. Not sure for RB? They need some strong and tall dude. Surely he can find someone?

And if he pull that Skriniar-Ndombele swap that is it. Son and Kane will always get you goals. Many options in midfield area as well. And they need CF backup.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/15/2020 at 6:20 PM, NikkiCFC said:

He does best when he is underdog. He won CL with Porto and Inter but failed with us and Madrid.

First season was always to write it off. Spurs can be very dangerous with him.

His priority is to fix defense. He is capable we all know of making a team to concede less than 30 goals in the league.

They have worst full backs pairing in the league. Rose and Aurier. 

Not sure about their budget but if I am Jose I would go for Tagliafico. One of the best full backs defensively plus cheap. Not sure for RB? They need some strong and tall dude. Surely he can find someone?

And if he pull that Skriniar-Ndombele swap that is it. Son and Kane will always get you goals. Many options in midfield area as well. And they need CF backup.

Doherty 186cm RB/RWB this is solid start.

And now rumors that he wants Diego Costa as Kane backup. Not sure if they do that Skriniar-Ndombele swap but after that they would only need LB. Tagliafico would be great.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...