The Mourinho Thread

city have a manager , who probably won't be sacked. pep should try to avoid getting thrashed in the CL with bayern , before he tries taking city to the next level.

City could win the treble this season, if Pep is available they will be interested.

I don't for once think the money has ever been the problem. The real question is that, will sacking Mourinho now end the problems? Who's is going to come as interim manager? What if we still end up winning nothing as well as not qualify for champions League with the interim/new manager? Could it be ever worse than that even if José is kept till the end of the season? These are vital business questions.

Remember, Roman sacked Ancelotti, paid him close to 10M according to reports, signed AVB, paid Porto about 13M, only to sack him after six months due to player power, and also paid him another millions as severance package.

The real problems have never been fixed before and won't be fixed by sacking José now. It'll only start the cycle again.

What are the real problems ? I think the real problem is that we're playing awful football with no idea how to attack and what exactly do with the ball. that's 1st, second and 3rd major concern and that was created by our manager. We're fine in transfer department IMO, we put massive bids for Stones, Griezmann, Pogba. We're fine, nothing came off this time but club decided to wait for the right players becoming available instead of buying again cheaper alternatives.

I was all for keeping AVB, I really liked the man and for me it was shock that he was sacked. Didn't turn to be too wrong decision though ? If at the end of the season waits such exciting managers like Guardiola, Simeone, Emery with new players coming in I'm all for that.

One last time, money isn't the problem.

RDM and AVB were sacked ( although the diplomatic reason "mutual agreement" might suggest otherwise, the results were clearly the reason ).

Apparently, both had a clause stating that they could be sacked without receiving all the salary left in their contract if results are bad.

Now let's try and analyze that, "apparently", no official statement to support that, but seriously, do you people think that that's how it works in elite clubs ? You know what that would mean ? That every top club manager could just stop caring and working hard and cash in way earlier than he would normally, managers would be just way too over protected against clubs, and that's absolutely not how it works ( except if we all assume that all clubs are dumb, and that all managers are honest enough not to exploit that loophole, it's just too naïve to be true ).

All managers have a minimum of objectives to reach, and they all have clauses in their contract that protect the club in case of bad results, reports suggest they were activated in our last 2 sackings, RDM and AVB, which would make sense since what had happened with Ancelotti before ( although results weren't that bad in the end of the year, for sure ).

Now do you guys believe that the club is dumb enough not to put those kind of clauses in the managers contract ? Even if his name is Mourinho ? Sorry, I just can't get my head around that fact, it looks absolutely dumb and naïve for me, just the typical stories the media would improvize in order to assist their totally random theories ( when I say random, means with no official statement and/or reliable source ).

So yeah, José probably has that clause in his contract.

But you know what, let's assume he doesn't.

Sacking José means him probably not going for a job until summer 2016, at least, let's go even further and assume the guy wants to take a sabatical, so he will find a job in 2017 ( if Moyes still can find a job, of course Mourinho can too ), that gives the club just 1 year and a half of salary left to pay him ( again, under the assumption that José takes a sabbatical, which is pretty unlikely if you ask me, judging by the man's natural challenging spirit, say he wants to stand by his father in these tough times, okay ).

His contract expires in 2019, so it would be 30M£ over a little less than 4 years ( assuming the numbers speculated are true ), if we calculate the equivalent over 10 months ( assuming he works next summer ) or a year and half ( taking a sabbatical ), it would cost the club respectively 7M£ or 12-13M£ to sack him.

Do you think that's a lot for the club ? I don't think so.

Remember, we assumed Chelsea didn't put a performance clause that would protect the club's results AND we assumed that he's willing to take a sabbatical, and concluded Roman and the board would "only" have to pay a maximum of 15M£ to sack him if that's really the right decision.

Now if you want my opinion, I think, once again, it's pretty naïve and dumb to believe in these theory which just prove to be absolute nonsense when you take time to analyze it, and if you don't know the media guys, well they aren't dumb, nor naïve, they just don't give a shit since it helps them make their stories, thus "prove" ( let's all laugh at the credibility of this word to the journos ) their stories, and sell more ( in case of digital media, generate more clicks, more buzz around their stories, thus more sponsors, just to make it simple ;) ).

I am pretty convinced the club has total faith in José, because we just proved that money isn't the problem, and had the club been waiting for the situation to be highly critical to act, well then José would'be been sacked post-Southampton. That statement was made for the media, and not for José, he said it himself, and I think it's pretty fair to assume that the club communicates in a more formal, internal and private way with their employees, I don't think it was to "reassure him" or "put their trust in him", I think he knew that way before reading the statement ( he said he knew he was staying before going to diner with Roman the night just after the game ).

So yeah, to sum it up, I believe the club puts absolute faith in Mourinho and stand by him, because all the evidence and common sense suggest that there is absolutely no obstacles had the club wanted to sack him, and that puts smile on my face, because it's the first time in the Roman era that a manager is allowed second chances, a lot of them, sure, but then again, if José doesn't deserve second chances, who does ? ;)

i just can't stop with these Mourinho criticisms. I just feel he has fucked up the club on so many levels. I certainly have seen through one thing, and that is definitely the fact that he cannot build long term success at a club. He is only good for short term. I am not just basing it on results. But off the field issues. Just look the transfers and the way we have dealt with the youth players. Bertrand who for me is arguably up there with the best LB in the league, we loaned him out to Southampton where he was excellent and got into the team of the season last year. This a player who came through our academy, contributed to us winning the UCL and always performed when he stepped in.

Why the fuck after an excellent season would we sell him? Mourinho obviously knows with the new rules it is pivotal to have some English players in our squad and we let a pefect one go. He is only 26, excellent defender and attacker and came through the academy. As good as Azpi was for us at LB, he should have been made to compete at RB with Ivanovic with Bertrand slotting in at LB. But what do we do? Afer halfway through last season, we sell him permanently for let's be honest, a bargain £10m on Southampton's side.

Now look few months down the line, Luis is sold and we realise we need a new Lb for cover. We got and get a young kid from the Bundesliga who is not as good as Luis or Bertrand for double the fee we sold Bertrand for. Just ludicrous decisions and then worse thing is Mourinho does not even trust this £20m plus player to come on the team. We should never of got into this situation as Bertrand should be here playing as our LB. Now look at the situation we find ourselves in now, Zouma at RB and Azpi at LB. Just LOL....

I know there is a divide with some members in the camp of Lukaku was a coward etc and did not fight for his place while there is another camp where I belong in who believe he was never given a fair chance and was never going to be favoured by Mourinho. This is a striker who scored 20 league goals at WBA however that was still not good enough. He then went out on loan to Everton and banged in the goals once again and he came back and despite being surrounded by average strikers, Mourinho could not feel fit to start him in any of our first 4 games despite his goals record whilst out on loan and the fact that he also produced in pre-season. Why did Mourinho not start him? Because he does not have a clue how to integrate young players in the team and rarely has any trust in them and that is why short term he works but long term he will not because he does not know about long term building which is why he is no good for building teams for the future and this is why I do not want him in the long run.

Bayern, we can all agree are the best club in the world right now or one the top three at least. Look at Alaba. One of the best LB in Europe who is also a great versatile player. A few years ago Bayern sent him out on loan to Hoffenheim. Done very well there and Bayern rewarded him with that good loan spell by integrating him in the first team squad and eventually making him a regular in the first 11. Kroos is another example. Although he is at Real now, he was a key player of Bayern's team. Bayern did not buy Kroos. He came through the system. I think they sent him on loan for 1 year to Leverkusen to help him get regular football. Performed out on loan then he came a key part of their CM and is now one of the best playmakers in Europe.

What did Mourinho do with our young players who performed out on loan? KDB? A few games he was judged by and not given a fair chance again and eventually gets shipped off. Lukaku could not get a start for his life despite being the best striker here and he got shipped off. Bertrand was quality at Southampton but yet again, sold off. Just disgraceful. Mourinho made all these decisions. Like I said just look at Bayern as an example for integrating youth into your team properly and building success long term. Would be nice of Mourinho if he could fucking give our young players with great potential a vote of confidence rather than pushing all of them out of the exit door.

Long essay but worth it. Needed to let that one out.

Lukaku came on in 3 of those 4 games, Azpilicueta started one minute in those 4 games, Lukaku would have got more chances would probably have been alternating with Eto'o for the most part.

One last time, money isn't the problem.

RDM and AVB were sacked ( although the diplomatic reason "mutual agreement" might suggest otherwise, the results were clearly the reason ).

Apparently, both had a clause stating that they could be sacked without receiving all the salary left in their contract if results are bad.

Now let's try and analyze that, "apparently", no official statement to support that, but seriously, do you people think that that's how it works in elite clubs ? You know what that would mean ? That every top club manager could just stop caring and working hard and cash in way earlier than he would normally, managers would be just way too over protected against clubs, and that's absolutely not how it works ( except if we all assume that all clubs are dumb, and that all managers are honest enough not to exploit that loophole, it's just too naïve to be true ).

All managers have a minimum of objectives to reach, and they all have clauses in their contract that protect the club in case of bad results, reports suggest they were activated in our last 2 sackings, RDM and AVB, which would make sense since what had happened with Ancelotti before ( although results weren't that bad in the end of the year, for sure ).

Now do you guys believe that the club is dumb enough not to put those kind of clauses in the managers contract ? Even if his name is Mourinho ? Sorry, I just can't get my head around that fact, it looks absolutely dumb and naïve for me, just the typical stories the media would improvize in order to assist their totally random theories ( when I say random, means with no official statement and/or reliable source ).

So yeah, José probably has that clause in his contract.

But you know what, let's assume he doesn't.

Sacking José means him probably not going for a job until summer 2016, at least, let's go even further and assume the guy wants to take a sabatical, so he will find a job in 2017 ( if Moyes still can find a job, of course Mourinho can too ), that gives the club just 1 year and a half of salary left to pay him ( again, under the assumption that José takes a sabbatical, which is pretty unlikely if you ask me, judging by the man's natural challenging spirit, say he wants to stand by his father in these tough times, okay ).

His contract expires in 2019, so it would be 30M£ over a little less than 4 years ( assuming the numbers speculated are true ), if we calculate the equivalent over 10 months ( assuming he works next summer ) or a year and half ( taking a sabbatical ), it would cost the club respectively 7M£ or 12-13M£ to sack him.

Do you think that's a lot for the club ? I don't think so.

Remember, we assumed Chelsea didn't put a performance clause that would protect the club's results AND we assumed that he's willing to take a sabbatical, and concluded Roman and the board would "only" have to pay a maximum of 15M£ to sack him if that's really the right decision.

Now if you want my opinion, I think, once again, it's pretty naïve and dumb to believe in these theory which just prove to be absolute nonsense when you take time to analyze it, and if you don't know the media guys, well they aren't dumb, nor naïve, they just don't give a shit since it helps them make their stories, thus "prove" ( let's all laugh at the credibility of this word to the journos ) their stories, and sell more ( in case of digital media, generate more clicks, more buzz around their stories, thus more sponsors, just to make it simple ;).

I am pretty convinced the club has total faith in José, because we just proved that money isn't the problem, and had the club been waiting for the situation to be highly critical to act, well then José would'be been sacked post-Southampton. That statement was made for the media, and not for José, he said it himself, and I think it's pretty fair to assume that the club communicates in a more formal, internal and private way with their employees, I don't think it was to "reassure him" or "put their trust in him", I think he knew that way before reading the statement ( he said he knew he was staying before going to diner with Roman the night just after the game ).

So yeah, to sum it up, I believe the club puts absolute faith in Mourinho and stand by him, because all the evidence and common sense suggest that there is absolutely no obstacles had the club wanted to sack him, and that puts smile on my face, because it's the first time in the Roman era that a manager is allowed second chances, a lot of them, sure, but then again, if José doesn't deserve second chances, who does ? ;)

If Jose leaves here he will still have the pick of top jobs, that won't change.

It would cost £30m to sack him, the same amount we'd get for reaching the Champions league for next season.

The number you should be comparing is the difference between the cost of sacking Jose now vs the sacking him at the end of the season.

Lukaku came on in 3 of those 4 games, Azpilicueta started one minute in those 4 games, Lukaku would have got more chances would probably have been alternating with Eto'o for the most part.

Mourinho did not trust him to start the games and it would have continued, which is why he got Eto'o. He takes experience over youth. Lukaku was on the bench for 4 games. Eto'o joins and goes in our lineup straight away against Everton. Says a lot.

Mourinho did not trust him to start the games and it would have continued, which is why he got Eto'o. He takes experience over youth. Lukaku was on the bench for 4 games. Eto'o joins and goes in our lineup straight away against Everton. Says a lot.

Eto'o was signed because Torres was shit, Ba wasn't trusted and we needed an experienced head to guide the young players.

Our AMs that season were very young, having Lukaku up top to add to that would have made us the second coming of Liverpool's spice boys, Hazard went on record saying how much Eto'o helped his evolution as a player.

Eto'o was signed because Torres was shit, Ba wasn't trusted and we needed an experienced head to guide the young players.

Our AMs that season were very young, having Lukaku up top to add to that would have made us the second coming of Liverpool's spice boys, Hazard went on record saying how much Eto'o helped his evolution as a player.

Eto'o was signed cos we spent 99% of the transfer window chasing Wayne Rooney and failed.