The Mourinho Thread

Eto'o was signed because Torres was shit, Ba wasn't trusted and we needed an experienced head to guide the young players.

Our AMs that season were very young, having Lukaku up top to add to that would have made us the second coming of Liverpool's spice boys, Hazard went on record saying how much Eto'o helped his evolution as a player.

Yeah, I know he helped but the fact that our first game of the season then was Hull. Majority of this froum expected to see Lukaku in the team but Torres of all people started. I know Hazard said that but Mourinho did not waste time in starting Eto'o. Worse thing was prior to Eto'o joining, none of our strikers even performed yet he still could not get a start. He is just clueless on integrating young players. Lukaku deserved a start in of those games at least.

What are the real problems ? I think the real problem is that we're playing awful football with no idea how to attack and what exactly do with the ball. that's 1st, second and 3rd major concern and that was created by our manager. We're fine in transfer department IMO, we put massive bids for Stones, Griezmann, Pogba. We're fine, nothing came off this time but club decided to wait for the right players becoming available instead of buying again cheaper alternatives.

I was all for keeping AVB, I really liked the man and for me it was shock that he was sacked. Didn't turn to be too wrong decision though ? If at the end of the season waits such exciting managers like Guardiola, Simeone, Emery with new players coming in I'm all for that.

But you know that when you've conceded 22 good goals mostly from individual errors, with the highest number of shots against, then you know that part of the problem is mostly defense and not attack.

I know that our attack isn't ticking at the moment but you can only blame the manager for so long when some of our key attacking players are off form. We've scored 16 goals, same as Tottenham presently 6th on the table. The only difference between us and them is mostly defense because they've only let in 8.

Look at the game against Liverpool for example, they didn't have any successful through ball and they managed to score three in almost the same fashion. The scorer touched the ball at least thrice in the box for each goal. Those things kill attacking moral as well.

Also, look at the Stoke game, arguably our best game this season. We were playing so well in attack only to let in a goal because no one was ready to close down the player on the ball. That's very frustrating.

Yesterday, Man City didn't get a goal until about 70 minutes but they were only up because their defense hadn't let in a freaking goal or two. Remember, the last time they let in two goals in a match, they lost at home even with their superior attacking game play.

Not sure if this squad can handle his high pressing game approach.

Some cant def, there will be need of a transition of a few players no matter what.

But Sampaoli is def my ideal manager, I think few realizes how impressive his work at Chilie been. He has turned Chilie to one of the best international sides, and they play like a big side enforcing their style on the opposition. That is unique when you consider most managers have over performed with a reactive approach ex: Simeone, Mourinho, etc. Over performing with a small side and playing proactive is a rarity.

Let me tell you what I know on the Chelsea story. My information comes from a Chelsea first team player.

The information was actually passed to me by a football contact. I was told that Jose Mourinho's relationship with many of his players is at rock bottom.

I was told they're fed up with the way he's been dealing with some of them. They're fed up with his outbursts. I was told that his relationship particularly with Eden Hazard was under immense strain.

Here's a staggering quote. One player said recently, "I'd rather lose than win for him". Now that last quote may well have been said in the heat of the moment, but it perhaps gives an insight into the mood of some of the players.

-BBC reporter

If all this stuff is true about players not wanting to win for Jose, The simple thing would to be dropped them surely, I mean he must have some idea whole dont want to fight for him??

There are only two players that i can really see being that much of a cunt and they are Fabregas and Hazard

No chance in hell Terry would say something like that. Definitely one of the newer, attacking players we've signed recently in my opinion.

Hazard doesn't seem like the type to say something like that, either. I have a feeling it's a very frustrated player who was a beast for much of last season and is struggling mightily this one. Either Cesc or Costa. Or maybe the player who has stagnated most under Mourinho and probably hates him like Oscar.

When Jose came back, the question i and many concerned faithfuls asked was how is he going to play his style using Hazard, Oscar and co. who were purposely bought to steer the team towards playing attractive football. The answer we got from him and his worshipers is that he is going to change his style and play attractive football. His first game in charge was against Hull. I watched carefully as the boys played one of the most beautiful game in the first half and by half time we were up by 2 goals. After recess, i was disappointed to see team sitting back to allow Hull to control the game, and you could clearly see that they have been instructed to do so. Then we went to MAN U to play 11 players as defenders against a team that was struggling with Moyes and had zero confidence. The bus continue to be parked in every game till date.

My guess is he managed to convince the board and the players to buy into his philosophy for the first season. In the second season we were playing well until we lost 5-2 to Spurs, which made him activate park-the-bus mode. Unlike the first season when the players were on board the "bus", this time they did not buy into the idea and this manifested in the team's bad performance from January to the end of season. We however managed to win the league because we had little competetion. Come this season Jose decided to continue with the same tactics and this time, the players have not been on board since the beginning of pre-season. The players want to express themselves on the field and they are indirectly telling Jose, but the egomaniac one does not seem to bother. He would rather we loose than play attacking football and our loosing streak will unfortunately continue unless we change the manger or we replace half of the squad with players of Jose's caliber, like Essien, Lampard, Drogba etc. The truth is the first option is much cheaper, feasible and more desirable.

Cesc, Matic or Hazard. If it's true at all.

Whoever it is send him out, if it's true.

The problem is that apart from 2-3 players that come in mind, all the others seem to share the same attitude with the individual the article is referring to. It doesn't matter if they don't say it, it is obvious in the way they are playing that they don't support Jose.

Now, if this case had to do with just one player, then i would agree with you that we have to send him packing, since the players need to listen to their manager and give everything they have in every single match. But in our case, even if we get rid of that player we won't solve the mess we are in.

Jose needs to work things out with the players in an honest way once and for all and restore the trust he has clearly lost, or he needs to step down.