The Mourinho Thread

Just a terrible approach to football. Almost cowardly.

its not cowardly at all, that is like calling a boxer who fights as a counter puncher a coward, its a very risky way to play you have to rely on your team defending well as a unit and being able to be clinical and punish every mistake, you need big characters in your team to be successful playing that way, but we unfortunately dont anymore.

why do I have a feeling it's Hazard?

Let me tell you what I know on the Chelsea story. My information comes from a Chelsea first team player.

The information was actually passed to me by a football contact. I was told that Jose Mourinho’s relationship with many of his players is at rock bottom.

I was told they’re fed up with the way he’s been dealing with some of them. They’re fed up with his outbursts. I was told that his relationship particularly with Eden Hazard was under immense strain.

Here’s a staggering quote. One player said recently, “I’d rather lose than win for him”. Now that last quote may well have been said in the heat of the moment, but it perhaps gives an insight into the mood of some of the players.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06mccvf#play

Let me tell you what I know on the Chelsea story. My information comes from a Chelsea first team player.

The information was actually passed to me by a football contact. I was told that Jose Mourinho’s relationship with many of his players is at rock bottom.

I was told they’re fed up with the way he’s been dealing with some of them. They’re fed up with his outbursts. I was told that his relationship particularly with Eden Hazard was under immense strain.

Here’s a staggering quote. One player said recently, “I’d rather lose than win for him”. Now that last quote may well have been said in the heat of the moment, but it perhaps gives an insight into the mood of some of the players.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06mccvf#play

"Passed to me by a football contact". A "football contact". That's convincing. It's basically another way of saying "a Chelsea source said...".

why do I have a feeling it's Hazard?

If this is true then I'd rather see half the team go than Mourinho. If they're not going to play for the club because they don't like the manager then they need to go

Whoever it is (even if it's JT), he needs to be sold, because this kind of behaviour doesn't belong to the top football club and this toxic player needs to be removed from the squad. It's not Sunday league where you don't want to play with Joe in the midfield, because he drank your pint last night.

If this is true, then there is far too much player power at Chelsea. Whenever some of the core players turn on a manager, the team basically falls off the pace until he gets the sack. It has been happening since Mourinho was last sacked. Scolari, AVB - they even fell apart when Wilkins left as Asst. Manager while Ancelotti was in charge. I'm hoping upon hope that Roman allows Mourinho to gut the team of the players that are not interested - I'd rather we stick by him instead of going through another decade of this shitty manager merry-go-round.

Yeah, I said it's a terrible approach to football not boxing.

I respect and appreciate Mayweather. The greatest fighter of his generation and arguably the best ever.

But then he plays a sport where one wrong move will result in a knock-out.

We have a manager who thinks having possession or being progressive is the root of all evil.

no he doesnt think that, he just prefers to set his team up to force errors and prey on there mistakes, just like a counter puncher would.

its not cowardly at all, that is like calling a boxer who fights as a counter puncher a coward, its a very risky way to play you have to rely on your team defending well as a unit and being able to be clinical and punish every mistake, you need big characters in your team to be successful playing that way, but we unfortunately dont anymore.

A boxing counter puncher retaliates, we don't. We just hold on to our lead. Look at Real that's what you call a true counter-attacking team.