The Mourinho Thread

Here is a link to an interview Danish TV made with Mourinho last night. As far as I know it wasn't shown anywhere else. Towards the end he's asked about his coming back to Chelsea.

http://onside.dk/champions-league/luna-skal-du-til-chelsea-mourinho

Apparently the link only works in Denmark

When asked about coming back to Chelsea he says:

I don't know and Chelsea has to worry about finishing the season well. I have to do the same.

I'd agree that he's a great motivator (not so much a great tactician) and there would be benefits for his return most notably fighting our battle when it comes to referees. Honestly if he came back I wouldn't be upset but I'd be disappointed that we've become such a basket case of a club that we can't entice somebody like Klopp/Guardiola when perhaps a few years ago we could have.

I know you wanted Guardiola so don't you think it's a massive swing from Guardiola to Mourinho? Do you think the club has a plan any more or are they just making it up as they go along? When the Guardiola option was still available people here and everywhere else were talking about tactics/players/youth but with Mourinho you don't get that sort of discussion.

Its kinda interesting and we might not never know how interested were we in Guardiola. The media was obviously convinced and ran with such sensational story "Roman wants Chelsea to play like Barcelona."

Guardiola said on multiple occasions that he would not negotiate with any club with a manager in place, he felt it would be unfair to those managers. Rafa has indicated on multiple occasions that he knows Pep personally and indicate they are friends. So this lead me to beleive that either Roman and the board made a grave mistake hiring Rafa or they were never as interested in Pep as the media speculated. If what Pep said is true i don't think he would negotiate with Chelsea and betray his friend in interviewing for the job. Remember Rafa hiring was not until the end of the season, he was fully expecting to get the job if he meet the board expectation. I think it is safe to say he is nowhere meeting their expectation and expect him to leave on mutual agreement at the end of the season.

If the board for example hired Steve Holland as an interim manager i think they would have better stand a chance in landing Pep since Holland can not be considered a long term manager at Chelsea. Because of no prior leading first team management experience.

Jupp told Bayern he would retire at the end of the season at the time, so naturally they approached Guardiola and he was comfortable negotiating with them.

Here is a link to an interview Danish TV made with Mourinho last night. As far as I know it wasn't shown anywhere else. Towards the end he's asked about his coming back to Chelsea.

Most likely, the reason why it wasn´t shown anywhere cos it doesn´t work.

Video not available in my country and I cant be fucked to find a DK VPN

Can you just post up what was said???

Video not available in my country and I cant be fucked to find a DK VPN

Can you just post up what was said???

Sorry - didn't think they would block it for other countries. My apologies :-)

If you been watching football, like me, long enough you see these systems come and go. Ajax in the 90s wasn't much different than Barcelona of today in terms of style. Invariably though, a counter attacking side will occasionally beat the "flavor of the month."

It's just like a game of rock-paper-scissors... :P

NO NO... u got me wrong... i was saying that they should have played counter attacking football in the first leg... especially after the 1st half when they were 1-1 (very undeservedly)... but instead they came out of the dressong room and made the same mistakes...

Oh sorry then, I agree with you.

Real got it all wrong in first leg. No pressing, shit attitude...it was all wrong then. In second game, they didnt have luck and lost.

However, next year Real will surely need a top striker like Cavani/Aguerro and someone like Vidal/Witsel in midfield if they want to win CL. Im realy excited to see who next manager will be and he will probably make Real more spanish again (Carvajal and Isco are mentioned)

Oh sorry then, I agree with you.

Real got it all wrong in first leg. No pressing, shit attitude...it was all wrong then. In second game, they didnt have luck and lost.

However, next year Real will surely need a top striker like Cavani/Aguerro and someone like Vidal/Witsel in midfield if they want to win CL. Im realy excited to see who next manager will be and he will probably make Real more spanish again (Carvajal and Isco are mentioned)

cant see isco coming to madrid... no place in first team (mesut, maria, cr)... but they do need a striker (like us) and i am reading rumors of falcao switching sides in the capital of spain. as for coach i would like to see carlo given a chance...