The Mourinho Thread

Good post - I do think the comments about Moyes not winning anything are a little unfair - Everton have NEVER (in recent history) had a squad as good as Le Arse... What Moyes has achieved with a small budget and small wage structure is pretty good IMHO... I hope he gets to shine at a bigger club - I would always pick Mourinho ahead of him...

Everton might not have a good squad as Arsenal but to go 10/11 years without even winning 1 trophy like the League Cup and FA Cup is mind boggling especially when you see lesser clubs such Birmingham and Swansea have won at least a trophy in the League Cup during that period. And not to mention, Everton have had some good team down the years as well and they are better than those 2 said teams.

So, what do you have to say about SAF? Isn't that a perfect example aswell?

Wenger is wenger. He is no Mourinho or SAF. Plus managing Arsenal and Chelsea isnt the same thing at all. Chelsea have other and higher ambitions.

Like I said, you cannot put two things together like that.

Every manager now is striving to be another SAF, but football and owners now won't allow it, SAF is old school, there is him and then the rest simple as that.

You are speaking to me as if I don't want stability, I do but on the flip side you think it guarantees success and it doesn't.

Rob Beasley is pretty close with Jose, but I wouldn't jump to any conclusions. Anyway, these are Beasley's words:

He is 50 now and sees life differently and not just because he now has to wear spectacles to read. He has triumphed in Portugal, England, Italy and Spain — making history in every country. Every footballing ambition has been fulfilled and now he has a new one.

To settle down and build a dynasty, just like his close friend Alex Ferguson at Manchester United. And where else but the place where he enjoyed his football so much?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4911375/Jose-Mourinho-is-in-the-Blue-corner-after-Essien-birthday-woe.html#ixzz2S8aGaO8n

If that's true then I think it would be ideal. I've long said that Roman and Mourinho getting back together could be bad if they haven't grown as men, but that doesn't seem to be the case. For the first time it appears as though he needs us almost as much as we might need him.

That story about Essien's birthday is shocking if true, but it also isn't that surprising. You don't get the feeling that there's a real team spirit at that club and it makes those photos of Luiz's birthday all the more special.

It's also serendipitous that this is all happening in the shadow of Bayern's demolition job on Barcelona which might make those at Chelsea a bit less enamoured with that style of football. Bayern played like we used to, strong at the back, quick on the counter and with leaders throughout the team. That's something that the right man could build here in relatively short time.

I also would love to be enlightened to as to which paper is reliable & which one is not ?

As we all know, rumors will fly, daily. Whom to believe then ?

Today´s news:

" Jose to return but not as No. 1 "

he might be under M. Emenalo, I read. If that´s the case, he might as well not come. Have we not seen the thin Chelsea´s squad for months under his guidance ?

personally I dont read the rags at all, any of them. If its sky or bbc then ill believe it

Him coming here will completely pulverize our youth development program. It will eventually signal the end of the careers of players like De Bruyne at Chelsea. Mourinho plays the full squad even in the fucking Carling Cup. Do not want. Do not come please. No one here seems to remember how bad we were in his last year here.

Get someone who can focus on long term success and not a guy who coaches 1 year and runs away to another club. Managerial equivalent of a prostitute.

Him coming here will completely pulverize our youth development program. It will eventually signal the end of the careers of players like De Bruyne at Chelsea. Mourinho plays the full squad even in the fucking Carling Cup. Do not want. Do not come please. No one here seems to remember how bad we were in his last year here.

Get someone who can focus on long term success and not a guy who coaches 1 year and runs away to another club. Managerial equivalent of a prostitute.

How many coaches have we had in the Abramovic era that have stayed long term? Answer is none. Thats something Roman needs to sort out, which he hopefully will.

As for youth, that stems from the team. Again how many players have broken through to the first team in the last 8 years, who have come through our youth system. Very few in deed. Bertrand at the age of 23, is the most notable one.

Its a sign of the clubs they are at. We are a buying club, along with RM. Thats something the club has to change and not specific to the manager. When you get sacked if you have a bad run of 10 games, you cannot afford to be taking chances. As much as we would like. And KDB wouldn't be someone i would worry about in that sense. More chance of him getting sold by the club it would seem atm, rather than him never getting played if he came back.

Also how bad he was in his last years?

In the 2006/07 season we came second in the prem, won the fa cup and league cup and was when we lost to liverpool on pens in the champions league semi... So we were hardly bad.

Unless you are counting the 07/08 season when he had like 5 games in charge?

@ChelsTransfer

Bayern CEO Rummenigge said that Lewandowski's agent, Maik Barthel received a call from Mourinho asking his client to join him at #CFC (Bild)

Older (maybe someone already posted):

Radamel Falcao would appear to be Jose Mourinho's marquee signing this summer upon him rejoining Chelsea (Independent) #CFC #PSG #RMCF

Jose Mourinho is understood to not have a problem working with Roman Abramovich's hierarchy, including Emenalo (Independent) #CFC #PSG #RMCF

Mourinho is so keen to return to #CFC he would accept the job even without being in next season's Champions League (Times) #CFC #PSG #RMC

Wow, you must be so proud about the things you post around here! Such a smart guy!

Fucking wanker.

I'm honest, you answer was dumb, I had to respond, and it was my feelings toward you at that moment, so I'll tell it first : I'm sorry, I was wrong to respond like that, I sincerely hope you'll excuse that message, have a good day.

@ChelsTransfer

Bayern CEO Rummenigge said that Lewandowski's agent, Maik Barthel received a call from Mourinho asking his client to join him at #CFC (Bild)

Lewandowski's agent is called Cezary Kucharski

nvm, apparently Kucharski is in charge of management and Barthel is responsible for transfers.

Is there any way to add the word "Stability" to a banned-word section of this forum meaning if someone types it it can't be published?

I hate the word.

Definition: "The state or quality of being stable, especially: a. Resistance to change, deterioration, or displacement."

Synonyms: constancy - steadiness - firmness - fixity - permanence

We've been competing at the top level of football both in the Premier League and in Europe for a decade now. We've consistently had some of the best players in the world, consistently won trophies, consistently challenged for almost every trophy you can realistically challenge for in this country, consistently had some of the best coaches in the world at our helm; Point is - "Stability" isn't defined by how long a manager stays at a club. If you think that defines whether a club has stability or not you are completely nuts. We're one of the most stable clubs in world football with a (seemingly) excellent financial plan too for when FFP kicks in, meaning with our billionaire owner still with us, despite the odd transition season like the one we're currently experiencing, we are very stable.

Is there any way to add the word "Stability" to a banned-word section of this forum meaning if someone types it it can't be published?

I hate the word.

Definition: "The state or quality of being stable, especially: a. Resistance to change, deterioration, or displacement."

Synonyms: constancy - steadiness - firmness - fixity - permanence

We've been competing at the top level of football both in the Premier League and in Europe for a decade now. We've consistently had some of the best players in the world, consistently won trophies, consistently challenged for almost every trophy you can realistically challenge for in this country, consistently had some of the best coaches in the world at our helm; Point is - "Stability" isn't defined by how long a manager stays at a club. If you think that defines whether a club has stability or not you are completely nuts. We're one of the most stable clubs in world football with a (seemingly) excellent financial plan too for when FFP kicks in, meaning with our billionaire owner still with us, despite the odd transition season like the one we're currently experiencing, we are very stable.

I'll tell you why we dont have stabillity -

Today we win against United, tomorrow we lose against QPR.

As simple as that.

I'll tell you why we dont have stabillity - Today we win against United, tomorrow we lose against QPR. As simple as that.

That's inconsistent form, not lack of stability as a club.