The Mourinho Thread

:-)

First he talks about other teams (difficult group, Man United etc). About the match: the problem was not tonight, the problem was the result of the first leg. The way we played the first leg was unacceptable.

Q: Are you going to England?

A: I don't know. (Then long monologue about how he likes Real Madrid - not very convincing).

I need to enjoy my life, I need football - I'm not thinking about retirement or one year of vacation (smiles). I will think, I will think and I will decide the best for me.

Q: Could we see you in Chelsea, you think?

A: (Now this might be wishful thinking on my part - but he nods and then quickly changes his expression. Maybe he just nods to let her know that he understands the question).

I don't know. I think Chelsea has to be worried with what they have to do to the rest of the season, I have to do the same. And let's see what happens in the summer.

Thanks Martina - like you - I hope the nod was a 'subliminal' thing and he is coming :)

How is Denmark these days? Still loving the Danish Bacon by the way - even if you guys don't eat it :P

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jose-mourinho-would-work-under-1864437

Taking the Michael: Jose Mourinho would have to work UNDER Emenalo if he wants Chelsea job

Behind-the-scenes talks have seen Special One's demand for 'full control' rebuffed - Technical Director must remain in charge of player recruitment...

Real%20Madrid%20CF%20v%20Real%20Club%20C

Control order: Jose Mourinho wants the final say at Chelsea - he won't get it

Denis Doyle

Jose Mourinho has been told he will have to accept working under Technical Director Michael Emenalo if he wants to return to Stamford Bridge.

Mourinho raised the hopes and expectations of the Blues fans that he was on his way "home" as he spoke warmly of the enduring "love" from the Chelsea faithful.

But while the "Special One" and his advisors have been involved in negotiations with the Chelsea hierarchy for months, his initial demands for "full control" have been rebuffed.

And that could still end up sending him in the direction of Paris St Germain, who have also held talks with his agent Jorge Mendes and are likely to bend over backwards to offer the 50-year-old a deal he wants.

Mourinho's preferred option is to go back to Chelsea, six years after his rift with Roman Abramovich and the Blues board became irreparable.

The Portuguese knows that the Chelsea fans are demanding his return too, seeking the ultimate antidote to the reign of the detested Rafa Benitez.

Abramovich is ready to bankroll another spending spree to improve a squad acknowledged as not strong enough to win the Premier League, although the Russian will not cede his authority.

Michael%20Emenalo-1735978.jpg

Technical Director: Former Chelsea assistant first-team coach Michael Emenalo has risen up the ranks

getty

Since Mourinho left in 2007, the structure of the club has changed, with Emenalo in charge of player recruitment and involved in the ongoing negotiations to land Atletico Madrid striker Radomel Falcao and Andre Schuerrle from Bayer Leverkusen.

And although it seems that Mourinho is attempting to orchestrate a popular wave to bring him back to the Bridge in triumph, it has been made clear that both Emenalo and chief executive Ron Gourlay have Abramovich's full support and backing.

image-29-for-pics-for-25-03-2012-gallery

Times have changed: Jose Mourinho and Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich way back when

Malaga coach Manuel Pellegrini is a live contender for the Blues job, while Borussia Dortmund's Jurgen Klopp, David Moyes and former Chelsea favourite Gianfranco Zola are outside runners.

Mourinho, though, remains the most likely final choice, with the Portuguese's camp now suggesting he would still be interested in the job even if Chelsea do not finish in the top four and therefore miss out on a Champions League place.

Benitez hinted at his disquiet at Mourinho's public craving for his job when asked if the Portuguese had broken the manager's "unwritten code" of conduct.

"Everybody has their own way," snapped back Benitez. "My way is to concentrate on the next game. That's it."

The Spaniard, though, declined to say any more about his bitter rival, unwilling to stoke up the resentment of the Chelsea fans who still hold the Portuguese in reverence and awe any further.

How is Denmark these days? Still loving the Danish Bacon by the way - even if you guys don't eat it

We would eat it, but the best Danish bacon is exported to Britain and Ireland :-) Only the inferior quality is being sold here.

The Danes are absolutely crazy about Swansea as you can imagine, both Laudrup brothers are quite popular. Brian Laudrup talked about Mourinho last night - how Chelsea fans love him etc...more or less he said Jose ought to come back.

Emenalo is the man behind Lukaku, Mata, Hazard and Oscar acquisitions.

Some *trying not to use any offensive word, cough* people don't know what he has been doing, but just love to hate for no apparent reason. He's in the position he is now for a reason, no sentiment involved.

He is an idiot.

So the guy that's had a big say in us bringing in Lukaku, KDB, Oscar, Hazard, Luiz, Ramires, Mata, Courtois is an idiot?

Emelano has done a good job when it comes to player recruitment, I don't know why people won't admit that.

If/when Jose comes, Jose won't be working under him but rather alongside with him, which is fine with me as I think Emelano has done a good job.

The man has unfounded hate.

What hasn't been picked up & gone under the radar about his comments was something some of us have been advocating since Jose left & that was he slated Webb's performance, anyone remember Webb's officiating versus scum U when Bacon face was remonstrating at the fourth official during the whole of the first half were I think we were 3 nil up, what happens? Webb gives Utd 2 penalties, fucking 2 pens at a rivals home ground - unheard of?!!! All thanks to Ferguson, this situation would never happen under Jose - we may get the odd bad decision before Jose fires a few blasts at officialdom & low & behold things are getting back to normal, fortress Bridge & all that again......

As for his comments, he is hardly going to say he is our next manager when he knows we still have goals to conquer this season, I think he does what he does best & used 'stealth mode' to deflect the attention off Madrid's exit whilst using the same situation to bite back at some of his detractors. He certainly threw a bone to the media & they bit into it like Suarez!!! -)

I said it weeks ago that as a parent would you want your little girl on her own in a different country to where you & the rest of the family are? - not a chance! I'm 100% convinced he is coming back to England & almost have the same confidence in his return to us, I just think its a matter of crossing the T's & dotting the I's on contract negotiations, think Roman & Jose just have to swallow some pride & agree to disagree on a few issues then viola!

Couple more things, yes Madrid went out last night but if they took their chances, then they are through minus an out of sorts/waste of space Ronaldo I might add, Barca just got dicked 7 - 0 on aggregate, will they get the same negative vibes thrown at them for massively under achieving? Also Cundy said on Talksport last night Jose was la liga's longest serving manager.............ummmmm?

Might be me just being paranoid, but does anyone else think this is just not going to happen and all seems too good to be true?

Some sources saying its a done deal, others say its far from.

Also, surely they will announce manager before pre-season yeah?