The Mourinho Thread

I also would love to be enlightened to as to which paper is reliable & which one is not ?

As we all know, rumors will fly, daily. Whom to believe then ?

Today´s news:

" Jose to return but not as No. 1 "

he might be under M. Emenalo, I read. If that´s the case, he might as well not come. Have we not seen the thin Chelsea´s squad for months under his guidance ?

Sky, ESPN. Guardian, Telegraph ,Any Official Club Website, Official Twitter Accounts...

Just wow at the piece today about Essien invited the Madrid squad to his birthday and only a handful turned up, doesn't surprise me though. One of Joses staff responded after the reporter said during a tour of the training complex 'youve got everything here!' Staff member replied 'everything but team spirit'

Come home.

Chelsea needs to buy much younger players than 31 year old ones, I feel.

We will, but getting people like Alonso will not harm our very stale midfield who at times struggle to dictate games due to a lack of basics like passing and control. Alonso would give us that, we need someone in midfield who can dictate and and keep play ticking over. This would be a very clever move for us this.

We will, but getting people like Alonso will not harm our very stale midfield who at times struggle to dictate games due to a lack of basics like passing and control. Alonso would give us that, we need someone in midfield who can dictate and and keep play ticking over. This would be a very clever move for us this.

I think that the team needs to get young players instead. Someone who can play for the next 4 or 5 years.

We need some fucking stability. Roman needs to realize this. We cannot keep sacking manager like this. Fuck sake at this rate we will have had every top manager sacked within 5 years. What then?

Mourinho is the best long-term solution for us. The fans love him. The team loves him. And it is a mutual feeling. Plus he is a fucking genious.

Just give Jose what he wants, what is the problem? How can one not trust him more than some Yes-sayers in costumes?

Yes we need stability, but we sacked AVB and won the CL, Arsenal would crave for something like that. After all, they have stuck with Wenger and won fuck all.

Funny isn't it?

Well, you make 2 mistakes.

1) You assume that the fact we won the CL had to do with our manager more than the squad itself. While I recognize the impact RDM had, its the effort of the players that took us so far.

2) Comparing us with Arsenal is just wrong in every single way. They sell their stars, we buy and make them. Their owners just care about making money.

You cannot just draw conclusions like that. We need stability. Or else we will end up with more Rafa's.

Rob Beasley is pretty close with Jose, but I wouldn't jump to any conclusions. Anyway, these are Beasley's words:

He is 50 now and sees life differently and not just because he now has to wear spectacles to read. He has triumphed in Portugal, England, Italy and Spain — making history in every country. Every footballing ambition has been fulfilled and now he has a new one.

To settle down and build a dynasty, just like his close friend Alex Ferguson at Manchester United. And where else but the place where he enjoyed his football so much?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4911375/Jose-Mourinho-is-in-the-Blue-corner-after-Essien-birthday-woe.html#ixzz2S8aGaO8n

Well, you make 2 mistakes.

1) You assume that the fact we won the CL had to do with our manager more than the squad itself. While I recognize the impact RDM had, its the effort of the players that took us so far.

2) Comparing us with Arsenal is just wrong in every single way. They sell their stars, we buy and make them. Their owners just care about making money.

You cannot just draw conclusions like that. We need stability. Or else we will end up with more Rafa's.

No, I don't assume we won the CL because we sacked AVB, we won the CL because we refused to die and never give up.

I wasn't comparing us with Arsenal I was using the fact that sticking with one manager doesn't guarantee anything, using them as a perfect example.

No, I don't assume we won the CL because we sacked AVB, we won the CL because we refused to die and never give up.

I wasn't comparing us with Arsenal I was using the fact that sticking with one manager doesn't guarantee anything, using them as a perfect example.

So, what do you have to say about SAF? Isn't that a perfect example aswell?

Wenger is wenger. He is no Mourinho or SAF. Plus managing Arsenal and Chelsea isnt the same thing at all. Chelsea have other and higher ambitions.

Like I said, you cannot put two things together like that.

Yes while that may be the case, Wenger is no Mourinho. Had Mourinho been managing that Arsenal squad, they would not have gone 8 years without a trophy. Anyway regarding stability, I know many people have pointed out that Wenger and even Moyes have managed their respective clubs for yonks and have won nothing in recent years and such longevity/stability doesn't exist anymore but think what we would just want is for a manager to stay for at least 3-5 years, build a proper stable team and move us forward. Don't think anyone is really crying for a manager to stay here for more than 10 yes etc because that is unlikely gonna happen in today's modern game and while sacking managers in past years have still brought us success in terms of trophies, don't tell me you are not sick and feeling tired of the constant sacking and replacing managers like almost every year?

Furthermore, sacking managers may have brought us continuous success but it has proved to be a problem when it comes to intergrating players from the academy into the first team. Because of this short term mentality we have with the managers that they have to constantly be winning trophies or otherwise they will be sacked the minute something goes wrong, the managers are unable to bring in the youth players and utilize them in the 1st team as they are constantly under pressure to win games and trophies. A little bit of stability, something like 3-5 years perhaps, moving the team/club forward even without winning trophy for 1-2 season wouldn't kill, would it?

Good post - I do think the comments about Moyes not winning anything are a little unfair - Everton have NEVER (in recent history) had a squad as good as Le Arse... What Moyes has achieved with a small budget and small wage structure is pretty good IMHO... I hope he gets to shine at a bigger club - I would always pick Mourinho ahead of him...

Thank you mister, you are officially an idiot.

" short passing and movement, working the ball through various channels, and maintaining possession."

Isnt beautiful ? :wank2:

Wow, you must be so proud about the things you post around here! Such a smart guy!

Fucking wanker.