The Mourinho Thread

Take a look at pellegrini and Mourinho career in England the past 3 years.

What is the difference?

That even though both having rich teams they won the same trophies with the exception of one thing. There's progression in pellegrini team of style.

Third season of Mourinho what is our style?

Got to be said that Pelegrini came to CIty when they already had a game plan. I dont think he changed that much from the good moments of the Mancini era. And needless to say City were much better than Chelsea in 11/12 and 12/13. We were a mess.

So Jose had a lot more work than him. Of course its not an excuse right now after 2 years Jose is with us, just saying.

Lionsden with some great posts in this thread. If the result at our appalling poor form since mid January is to throw more money at the problem then doesn't that make Mourinho a chequebook manager?

I watched PSG play Monaco the other day & the quality of football they play in comparison to ours is lightyears ahead of us. Every single one of their players apart from Cavani is elite in possession. They split Luiz & Silva, push both Aurier & Maxwell high up the pitch & Motta (who was sensational) is the outlet, constantly recycling possession & controlling the game. That's a brand of football Jose initially promised the fans (while passive-aggressively criticizing Benitez for negative football) in one of his early press conferences when he returned

Over 2 years later & we still play a rudimentary style of play utterly reliant on one player who gets blasted when he can't consistently deliver.

I agree about the general point, but PSG's game (even against mid-table sides in France and lower) isnt that fluid and impressive as you would think they should play. You elaborated the good things about their game, but in actual

attacking, actually creating chances one after another, they have a lot of work to do. They look very limited in that aspect while they have the players to do better. It was the same case for years, but their league is so easy so its good

enough to win it. Add that to the horrible performances against Barcelona along the years... they're far from perfect with Blanc as manager.

Cant take all this Mou out bullshit.

The only thing we can whine about as far as he goes is team selection. We had basically the same players as the start of last season when I thought we were playing brilliant football. The same team are all training together, on the pitch together, asleep together. If the players aren't doing the jobs with the sort of emotions and character they should be then its them that need the wake up call.

I'm still all for Mou and just hope the fuck he keeps Bane on the bench and finds a way to wake the buggas up.

The only thing we can whine about as far as he goes is team selection. We had basically the same players as the start of last season when I thought we were playing brilliant football. The same team are all training together, on the pitch together, asleep together. If the players aren't doing the jobs with the sort of emotions and character they should be then its them that need the wake up call.

I'm still all for Mou and just hope the fuck he keeps Bane on the bench and finds a way to wake the buggas up.

It's Jose's fault, the player's fault and the board's fault.

There's no one particular reason for this bad start.

Transfer expenditure in signing squad members (million €):

1. Real Madrid - 587

2. Man City - 560

3. Man Utd - 533

4. PSG - 525

5. Chelsea - 407

6. Barcelona - 394

7. Liverpool - 344

8. Bayern - 337

9. Arsenal - 305

10. Juventus - 301

http://www.football-observatory.com/IMG/pdf/wp116_eng.pdf

English sides sure can't complain about spending power. Chelsea in the top 5. Manchester clubs rivalling Real.

Liverpool in 7th haha. The likes of Atletico, Valencia, Dortmund well behind. Sevilla have done extremely well to create that side with 77 mil, after losing a few players in the summer as well.

As I wrote on this post, lots of people are trying to put blame on just one or two of all the factors that influenced our bad start of the season. Hopefully this international break will let players cool off a bit, gain some more fitness and when they're back, we can get back to business asap.

Mourinho has entered the 2016 Guinness World Records book with 4 new records.

Longest football unbeaten home run by a manager (nine years)

Most Champions League titles with different clubs (two)

Youngest manager to reach 100 Champions League matches (49 years 12 days)

Most points in a Premier League season (95)

Most games unbeaten at home in the Premier League (77)

11949285_861364813941955_895821513468516

The timing of that is rather strange, giving him those awards (not that he doesn't deserve them) after a bad start to the season.

The timing of that is rather strange, giving him those awards (not that he doesn't deserve them) after a bad start to the season.

Just coincidental. They've been very active recently trying to promote it.

https://www.youtube.com/user/GuinnessWorldRecords

PSG will be interesting.

I can see both pep and mourinho vying for the job(if they leave) and implementing their style with a few transfers and tweaks.

Pep to either Manchester squads is far fetched judging upon the players already there.

pep or Jose to PSG in 2016 and kick that incompetent manager Blanc out the door with a team argubly top 2 in terms of talent level in Europe.

Mourinho has entered the 2016 Guinness World Records book with 4 new records.

Longest football unbeaten home run by a manager (nine years)

Most Champions League titles with different clubs (two)

Youngest manager to reach 100 Champions League matches (49 years 12 days)

Most points in a Premier League season (95)

Most games unbeaten at home in the Premier League (77)

11949285_861364813941955_895821513468516

They dont show his cycling proficency certificate :ph34r:

PSG will be interesting.

I can see both pep and mourinho vying for the job(if they leave) and implementing their style with a few transfers and tweaks.

Pep to either Manchester squads is far fetched judging upon the players already there.

pep or Jose to PSG in 2016 and kick that incompetent manager Blanc out the door with a team argubly top 2 in terms of talent level in Europe.

Can't wait to see the headline

Impotent Psg: Firing Blancs

Transfer expenditure in signing squad members (million ):

1. Real Madrid - 587

2. Man City - 560

3. Man Utd - 533

4. PSG - 525

5. Chelsea - 407

6. Barcelona - 394

7. Liverpool - 344

8. Bayern - 337

9. Arsenal - 305

10. Juventus - 301

English sides sure can't complain about spending power. Chelsea in the top 5. Manchester clubs rivalling Real.

Liverpool in 7th haha. The likes of Atletico, Valencia, Dortmund well behind. Sevilla have done extremely well to create that side with 77 mil, after losing a few players in the summer as well.

Can't really be bothered working it out but those numbers seem a bit incorrect to me.

Edit:

Ah, euros. Might make sense.

Transfer expenditure in signing squad members (million €):

1. Real Madrid - 587

2. Man City - 560

3. Man Utd - 533

4. PSG - 525

5. Chelsea - 407

6. Barcelona - 394

7. Liverpool - 344

8. Bayern - 337

9. Arsenal - 305

10. Juventus - 301

Name Fee

Asmir Begović 11

Thibaut Courtois 9

Jamal Blackman 0

Branislav Ivanović 12

Kurt Zouma 14.6

Baba Rahman 20

Papy Djilobodji 3.5

Gary Cahill 8.4

John Terry 0

César Azpilicueta 8.8

Ola Aina 0