The Mourinho Thread

Not saying it wasn't on the manager for not rotatingitsmore down to the displays then vs now, I wasn't too worried about them because like I said it was obvious we only had one agenda in mind and that was just getting over the line, yeah we looked lethargic at times offensively but I always felt we would get the points, a big difference compared to now, honestly we could have Watford at home next and I'll fear defeat.

Also those games you've mentioned were the only ones where the defense was a real problem last term, this time round they have all fallen off a cliff, even Cesar is losing a few 1 on 1s and that's unheard off. Against City Aguero had 5 clear chances before he actually scored, that's unheard off for a Chelsea team let alone one managed by Mourinho,before these four games the only times I have seen us cut open so much was Barca and Bayern on the CL run in 2012, but for obvious reasons no one was that bothered in any of the post match threads.

Point is tho for me there is no comparison between the displays second half of last season and this, the former we were proffesional answer focused on getting that title come hell or high water, this season so far we have been playing like a bunch of ametuers not even that from a defensive POV.

Fair enough.

I still believe that jose's complacency or inability to address our form (performance wise) since January is the biggest reason for this mess we find ourselves at the moment. The "as long as we got the result, everything is fine" mentality is not acceptable for a club looking to enjoy a long term success domestically and in Europe. The board also share some of the blame as well ofcourse. it goes without saying.

Interesting articles from Jake Cohen

"Chelsea would be much better served spending superstar money on superstar talent.

That said, there's not exactly a huge pool of players that could walk into Chelsea's starting eleven (just ask Loic Remy, Radamel Falcao, Ramires, Filipe Luis, Juan Cuadrado, Andre Schurrle, Kevin De Bruyne, Romelu Lukaku, etc.), and for the relatively few players who could, they're either already playing for a huge club that can offer just as much as Chelsea can, or their club will be reluctant to let their marquee player leave, as we just saw this summer with Paul Pogba. "

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2015/9/2/9111837/what-went-wrong-for-chelsea-in-the-summer-transfer-window

Lionsden with some great posts in this thread. If the result at our appalling poor form since mid January is to throw more money at the problem then doesn't that make Mourinho a chequebook manager?

I watched PSG play Monaco the other day & the quality of football they play in comparison to ours is lightyears ahead of us. Every single one of their players apart from Cavani is elite in possession. They split Luiz & Silva, push both Aurier & Maxwell high up the pitch & Motta (who was sensational) is the outlet, constantly recycling possession & controlling the game. That's a brand of football Jose initially promised the fans (while passive-aggressively criticizing Benitez for negative football) in one of his early press conferences when he returned

Over 2 years later & we still play a rudimentary style of play utterly reliant on one player who gets blasted when he can't consistently deliver.

It is why I'm baffled at the new contract he got.

We did exactly the same mistake real Madrid did in giving him a contract extension after winning the title.

I think you learn more from the season where you don't win much.

Take a look at pellegrini and Mourinho career in England the past 3 years.

What is the difference?

That even though both having rich teams they won the same trophies with the exception of one thing. There's progression in pellegrini team of style.

Third season of Mourinho what is our style?

It's understandable to be very pragmatic your first season but after 3 seasons we should have an idea what the guy is about.

Now ask yourself is this the guy to really lead us for a decade?

At the moment I don't think so. He continues to be a manager for a 3 to 5 year solution.

And you know what? That's fine, but let's not get long term stability just for the sake of it.

It has to be someone that has the same philosophy of the club.

And by those quotes you just put it looks like the philosophy of the club and Mourinho are not being met at the moment.

Lionsden with some great posts in this thread. If the result at our appalling poor form since mid January is to throw more money at the problem then doesn't that make Mourinho a chequebook manager?

I watched PSG play Monaco the other day & the quality of football they play in comparison to ours is lightyears ahead of us. Every single one of their players apart from Cavani is elite in possession. They split Luiz & Silva, push both Aurier & Maxwell high up the pitch & Motta (who was sensational) is the outlet, constantly recycling possession & controlling the game. That's a brand of football Jose initially promised the fans (while passive-aggressively criticizing Benitez for negative football) in one of his early press conferences when he returned

Over 2 years later & we still play a rudimentary style of play utterly reliant on one player who gets blasted when he can't consistently deliver.

Tbf, PSG still have troubles of their own in Europe.

That quote from Mourinho is classic though.

The overall makeup of the team is still top 2 in the league (only City is better)....

Should still be fighing for the title and domestic titles regardless of not getting pogba and a cb.

However, Jose needs to be sacked in order for the fight to begin again.....

It is why I'm baffled at the new contract he got.

We did exactly the same mistake real Madrid did in giving him a contract extension after winning the title.

I think you learn more from the season where you don't win much.

Take a look at pellegrini and Mourinho career in England the past 3 years.

What is the difference?

That even though both having rich teams they won the same trophies with the exception of one thing. There's progression in pellegrini team of style.

Third season of Mourinho what is our style?

It's understandable to be very pragmatic your first season but after 3 seasons we should have an idea what the guy is about.

Now ask yourself is this the guy to really lead us for a decade?

At the moment I don't think so. He continues to be a manager for a 3 to 5 year solution.

And you know what? That's fine, but let's not get long term stability just for the sake of it.

It has to be someone that has the same philosophy of the club.

And by those quotes you just put it looks like the philosophy of the club and Mourinho are not being met at the moment.

Chelsea don't need a manager to stay for 10 or 20 years. There's only one Ferguson.

A manager for 4 or 5 years is more than enough. Chelsea need stability in the type of manager they appoint, and the type of players they sign.

The overall makeup of the team is still top 2 in the league (only City is better)....

Should still be fighing for the title and domestic titles regardless of not getting pogba and a cb.

Utd's team is much better than us but they just don't know how to use it. Playing Depay when you have so great players. Van Gaal has my respect :D:D:D

Utd's team is much better than us but they just don't know how to use it. Playing Depay when you have so great players. Van Gaal has my respect :D:D:D

United team is not good at all. Their midfield is slow, Mata is slow and Rooney has to drop deep a lot to help the midfield. They have romero as gk, who might be the worse gk in the EPL along with blind as a cb. United has scored 2 goals in 4 games this year.

Team was always overrated by people thinking Bastian was going to be the same bastian as 2012.

Chelsea forwards: pedro, costa, remy better than united and arsenal.

AMs: Arsenal i ranked the best, but they have too many cams on their squad.

CMs: Pending on Jack, but without jack, chelsea has better midfield than those 2.

Cbs. I prefer arsenal over united/chelsea

GK. chelsea over both united and arsenal

United team is not good at all. Their midfield is slow, Mata is slow and Rooney has to drop deep a lot to help the midfield. They have romero as gk, who might be the worse gk in the EPL along with blind as a cb. United has scored 2 goals in 4 games this year.

Team was always overrated by people thinking Bastian was going to be the same bastian as 2012.

CMs: Pending on Jack, but without jack, chelsea has better midfield than those 2.

Cbs , Arsenal over Chelsea. Rhino(Per) over JT. Next joke please

Depending over Jack???

Arsenal-Training-session.jpg

Even he looks shocked

Depending over Jack???

Arsenal-Training-session.jpg

Even he looks shocked

Jack Wilshere is fantastic player. Injury prone, yes, but when healthy, he is one of the best cm/am in the epl. Much better than ramsey is

Jack Wilshere is still 23 years old and outside of inform yaya, no one in the epl is a better b2b midfielder.

Jack Wilshere is fantastic player. Injury prone, yes, but when healthy, he is one of the best cm/am in the epl. Much better than ramsey is

Nowhere near Ramsey, he is a Great Playmaker as well as a good Finisher. His play is kinda like Lampard but is not at the same level yet, but he can be up there if he remains injury prone

I beg to differ but we are not superior to Utd and Arsenal but I agree this squad/team is capable of much better performances and result than we are currently showing.

I beg to differ but we are not superior to Utd and Arsenal but I agree this squad/team is capable of much better performances and result than we are currently showing.

Whose better outside of City, even without their summer signings still has the best team overall...