The Mourinho Thread

Freak results happen, nobody will lambast him with a cain and tan his arse. It's football, we will be back.

Totally agree.

But the problem is that people here don't use this logic for everyone else.

Like Pep Bayern getting humiliated by Real Madrid in the CL. :chai:

The team Mourinho selected was more than good enough to beat Bradford EASILY. You cannot logically criticize him for the team he selected.

I haven't seen the match (like most of you) so we don't know yet whether it was Mou's tactics or the players who fucked up big time.

So until we've seen the match highlights, I suggest everyone holds their opinions back until they have too.

Aren't you the same guy that was trying to pin this result on the youth aka under 22 players with remarks like "That's why he doesn't play the youth". You can't go from your statement in the match and post match thread to "The team Mourinho selected was more than good enough to beat Bradford EASILY". That's changing tunes.

freak results are happening a little too frequently now for my liking

Think is our defensive frailty, something I been saying from the beginning when we was killing teams.

If Zouma is not the answer then go buy a better CB.

But don't worry, we will solve this issue by buying more attacking midfielders. :yay:

He used to talk a lot before, but he always backed it with results. Nowadays I just feel he sometimes talks too much, I mean why have a go at your own supporters twice in one week and not focus on your job, prepare the game against Bradford?

We need somebody from above to point this to him. Yes Jose is a great manager, but he is after all an employee of this football club.

I think its safe to say this team is not even remotely close to being something magnifiecent. Not because of the lack of quality, we've got plenty of that, but we haven't got bollocks, no character, zero drive and determination. Chelsea was never like this.

Think Madrid failure mentally destroyed him, we might deny it but he has never been the same since then. Before he was this arrogant cool guy who believes he sits on top of the world(with good reason) but now he is kind of losing that hunger, design he had 10 years ago. I just hope we don't bottle this season, by the end of next week we could be out of CO Cup and let City cut the gap back to 2 points.

WE NEED A RESPONSE against Liveprool, a 3-0 victory would be enough to make us forget this defeat.

His decline, just like those before him is inevitable and a natural part of any sport. Only ferguson was able to maintain the incredible standard he set for him self over 2 decade till he retired (That's why He's the greatest manager of all time). Great managers almost always fall off and lose their mojo overtime. Wenger,ottmar hitzfeld, Van gaal,Capello, Hiddink,Trapattoni,et al.

I do believe he's still good enough to win league titles every now and then though but he's showing gradual signs of decline overall. it will take a few more years before he completey and inevitably lose his mojo

Im begining to doubt we will actualy win anything except for league perhaps due to 5 point advantage. It will be difficult to win anything actualy. We have good squad that should be HUNGRY for success and show it on the pitch. Players aint robots. Until Mou starts approaching games bit differently, things change in football and Mou approach looks slightly out. We have problems with small team, with big teams, with away games, with defence and attack. Mou became speculative, has little rotation and no plan B.

Hope he can prove me wrong, but we have been so hot and cold this season its painful.

First time around, we were small favourites in all competitions. Now we begin to look like bottlers. It all started in Club world cup, but then under Mou with Super Cup, whole last season...

In his early years, Mou actualy had good record, he was losing games, but it was tight; players fought hard. Last few years he had some major fuckups; Barca 5:0, Dortmund 4:1, Tottenham, now this...Mou from 10 years ago would not allow that shit, simple as that.

Mou from 10 years ago lost 3-0 to Middlesborough.

His decline just like those before him is inevitable and a natural part of any sport. Only ferguson was able to maintain the incredible standard he set for him self over 2 decade. Most managers usually fall off and lose their mojo overtime. Wenger,ottmar hitzfeld, Trapattoni,Benitez et al.

I do believe he's still good enough to win league titles every now and then but he's showing gradual signs of decline overall. it will take a few more years before he completey and inevitably lose his mojo

Great point, I was talking this with over a friend.

How even the great Brian Clough had his downturn.

But at that point in time people got stubborn and did not want to see it. Kinda like with Wenger today.

Mourinho came here mocking everyone and he is in danger of becoming that person he mock....

That's why the idea of making Mourinho into our SAF is ridiculous.

I will be glad to just let him do his 4 year contract and then evaluate after that.

To be fair a 5 year project is a lot in this modern futbol. And if he can do that with us then that would be good.

But to do a Fergie at the moment that seems hard for any manager out there.

That was an anomaly and something we might not see again in a long time.

Great point, I was talking this with over a friend.

How even the great Brian Clough had his downturn.

But at that point people got stubborn and did not want to see it. Kinda like with Wenger today.

Mourinho came here mocking everyone and he is in danger of becoming that person he mock....

That's why the idea of making Mourinho into our SAF is ridiculous.

I will be glad to just let him do his 4 year contract and then evaluate after that.

To be fair a 5 year project is a lot in this modern futbol. And if he can do that with us then that would be good.

But to do a Fergie at the moment that seems hard for any manager out there.

That was an anomaly and something we might not see again in a long time.

Never mind a Fergie, hope he does a Rafa at Liverpool 1st LOL(10 years or so...)

Mou from 10 years ago lost 3-0 to Middlesborough.

At home after 2 up?

Besides Middlesbrough 10 yrs ago was midtable PL club, and they even reached UEFA cup final at some point. Not exactly Bradford who is 7th in legue one.

Think is our defensive frailty, something I been saying from the beginning when we was killing teams.

If Zouma is not the answer then go buy a better CB.

But don't worry, we will solve this issue by buying more attacking midfielders. :yay:

Totally agree with you. The goals we have conceded today only reflect a worrying defensive passivity.

In a previous comment in this thread, I spoke of the Simeones`s Atletico de Madrid bites and suffocation their rivals, however, the Mourinho`s Chelsea contemplates their rivals while defending.

In this January market we have to bring a defensive midfielder who can play as a complement of Matic, and as backup of Matic.

I think Imbula is exactly what we need now. Mikel is horrible, and Ramires is always injured or out of shape physically.

He is a central midfielder, who can play both defensive midfielder and as a means offensive center. It is a Box to Box perfect for us because he knows also defend with a spectacular performance.

Marseille wants him 30 million, and I'd rather pay 30 million (pounds) per Imbula than pay 30 million by Juan Cuadrado.

I think his move should be a priority for us.

I leave some videos of Imbula.

1. Imbula Vs Montpellier 14-15.

2. Imbula Vs Toulouse 14-15.

3. Imbula Vs Benfica 14 15.

I hope your comments.

Regards.

Regards to all.