The Mourinho Thread

To be honest, I could not read TC everyday for months because it has been a very busy year.

But I was shocked when I realized right now that some members are saying he is our best player this season, or even the best DM in the world. Outside here its hard to see anyone praising him THAT much.

have you seen any football programs? take any edition of MOTD, for instance, and watch it to know what people think of him outside chelsea.

Can we please make a distinction between best in the EPL and best in the world?

There are not many quality defensive midfielders in the EPL, and I think we can agree that Matic is clearly the best (no, Yaya Toure is NOT a DM).

But when we are talking about the best in the world, there are on one hand a number of world class players who have been consistently performing at the biggest stages for years and on the other Nemanja who has burst onto the scene last season and has been impressing and has justified the hype around him.

Therefore, I think both opinions, that he is the best in the world, and that saying so is overrating him, are completely valid ones. So, can we all stop patronizing each other about either opinion?

How about actually moving to discussing the abilities and qualities of each?

PS: Also, how about moving the discussion to the Matic thread?

Evidently you've been living under a rock Henrique because Matic is highly regarded by many in the larger footballing community as one of, if not the best DMs.

Just a few of the praises he's been receiving lately....

Like I said, it's cool if you don't consider Matic to be the best DM in the world, no one can fault you for that but stop acting like it's only members on this forum that label him as such. Quite frankly it's very telling of your ignorance on this topic.

Interesting that you only posted things from british press. Of course its typical: best player in a certain position in PL must be the best in the world.

I never said he is not a quality player, but when people are saying he is our best player this season ahead the likes of Fabregas, Costa and even Hazard, you understand how overrated he is, and if you cant realize thats my point, then I think you are the ignorante one. (Not sure how many people around there think he is our best player).

Interesting that you only posted things from british press. Of course its typical: best player in a certain position in PL must be the best in the world.

I never said he is not a quality player, but when people are saying he is our best player this season ahead the likes of Fabregas, Costa and even Hazard, you understand how overrated he is, and if you cant realize thats my point, then I think you are the ignorante one. (Not sure how many people around there think he is our best player).

You think Paulinho is better, your opinion is imvalid.

He's been one of our best players and has been absolutely vital to us this season so it really isn't that far fetched at all.

Why even discuss with someone who thinks Cahill is The Boss.

my name is didierforever (i hope that is not an issue with you). and i ask the same question. who is the best DM in the world currently or who is a better DM that matic at the moment.

my name is didierforever (i hope that is not an issue with you). and i ask the same question. who is the best DM in the world currently or who is a better DM that matic at the moment.

Javi Martinez and Mascherano.

However, at the moment, Matic is since martinez has been out forever and mascherano plays cb for barca.

Busquets is not.... ever

Javi Martinez and Mascherano.

However, at the moment, Matic is since martinez has been out forever and mascherano plays cb for barca.

Busquets is not.... ever

precisely. martinez has not played consistent football for sometime and even last season, he played more as a CB than a DM. mascherano played only the WC as a DM so its just not fair to judge on a tournament.

so currently matic is the best DM in the world.