The Mourinho Thread

People criticized him when we played deeper than usual against City/United, today showed why we did it. Our CB partnership doesn't allow us to play high against a big team away from home, Cahill backs too much and Terry have to follow him and when this happens, there's too much space between the midfield and the defense. Same happened against Atletico last year when we pushed higher up the pitch, a good team will always punish us.

The sooner Zouma get in the line-up, the better it will be.

Though you have a point, you're over-simplyfiying it too much. We didn't defend that deeply at all vs United until the last 20 mins of the game. It was a fairly open game. And against Liverpool. Neither a high or low defensive line, just a standard one. Most of the goals Spurs scored were from individual defensive mistakes.

People criticized him when we played deeper than usual against City/United, today showed why we did it. Our CB partnership doesn't allow us to play high against a big team away from home, Cahill backs too much and Terry have to follow him and when this happens, there's too much space between the midfield and the defense. Same happened against Atletico last year when we pushed higher up the pitch, a good team will always punish us.

The sooner Zouma get in the line-up, the better it will be.

Mourinho knew that going into the season though. If he wanted more mobile CBs he'd have bought them.

Mourinho knew that going into the season though. If he wanted more mobile CBs he'd have bought them.

He wanted Benatia, no ? There are few top CB available, hopefully we can get one this summer.

Want to bump what I said couple of weeks ago, about we should used 433 formation when away, every time when playing away. Every time we're using 4231 formation, there is always a chance we're gonna lose. While in 433 what you get worst are always a draw, as far I could remember.

Want to bump what I said couple of weeks ago, about we should used 433 formation when away, every time when playing away. Every time we're using 4231 formation, there is always a chance we're gonna lose. While in 433 what you get worst are always a draw, as far I could remember.

Thats what we thought but we havent had that opprotunity because Ramires has been dealing with injuries for practically the whole season. When he was on today, he was dispossed quite a bit, and was struggling to keep the ball at times but he was still able to make some driving runs, and be that runner for Cesc to pick out. He really should feature more assuming now he's healthy.

I think we are paying the price for believing in 2 myths:

*our team was superb, and only one good striker was needed.

*our defense is the best in the world.

Since last season I've been saying this: our weak point is the defense. Mourinho is fooling himself when he says Terry is as good as 2005. Azi is easily our best at the four back. Its unbelievable how Ivanovic became the untouchable right back. He was never that good going forward, but this season even his defending is average. About Cahill, I always said people saw him as an amazing CB because of David Luiz factor. He is average and always will be.

I think its also funny to remember people saying Matic was a god in the midfield, or that was the reason why we were set to win the trophy last season. For me he is a correct player, definitely better than Mikel, but being better than Mikel doesn't make you a super DM. I think he is very limited, going forward and defending.

To be honest I don't see us winning the trophy. City is a better team in every aspect. Their squad depth is unbelievable. I think we lost an amazing opportunity when we lost 4 points against Manchester teams. At this moment we could be 5 points ahead of City. Now we definitely lost our momentum.

Since last season I've been saying this: our weak point is the defense. Mourinho is fooling himself when he says Terry is as good as 2005. Azi is easily our best at the four back. Its unbelievable how Ivanovic became the untouchable right back. He was never that good going forward, but this season even his defending is average. About Cahill, I always said people saw him as an amazing CB because of David Luiz factor. He is average and always will be.

I think its also funny to remember people saying Matic was a god in the midfield, or that was the reason why we were set to win the trophy last season. For me he is a correct player, definitely better than Mikel, but being better than Mikel doesn't make you a super DM. I think he is very limited, going forward and defending.

To be honest I don't see us winning the trophy. City is a better team in every aspect. Their squad depth is unbelievable. I think we lost an amazing opportunity when we lost 4 points against Manchester teams. At this moment we could be 5 points ahead of City. Now we definitely lost our momentum.

It's too early to make any conclusion, don't we? Even when we lead 8 points from City, they always believe it is still far, far away from over. And they're right. We're still have the same point with them, definitely not the right time to throw the towel already.

Agree with you on Cahill and our defense and striker situation. Disagree about Matic, he's our key player, our best player and definitely one of the best DM's in the world. Also, it's too early to say we won't win the league, the CL will be tough cause Real is fucking crazy right now.

Agree with you on Cahill and our defense and striker situation. Disagree about Matic, he's our key player, our best player and definitely one of the best DM's in the world. Also, it's too early to say we won't win the league, the CL will be tough cause Real is fucking crazy right now.

You are really crazy boy.

Hes a great midfield player but would one of the best DMs in the world get ripped apart by Christian Eriksen and Chadli? I said in another thread, he is vitally important to us but there are better DMs. His protection is vital to our system and it wasn't there. When hes good hes good but when Matic is bad hes truly awful.