The Mourinho Thread

Wouldn't surprise me however if he starts going back to tight defence football again. Maybe this Spurs result is our Sunderland Capital One last season, I fear we will repeat last season's mistake...

Nothing better than a tight backside.

Jose will definitely used this awful game as an excuse to revert to parking the bus in a bid to keep things tight at the back.

Imo that is fine as long as we win the title in the end, if not questions would need to be asked and his position reviewed if we are trophy less again this season. I hope not though, I want us to do a 09-10 again and play exciting football to winning the league, not barely scrapping over the line because we kept on winning 1-0.

Jose has run the players to the ground. Lack of rotation all season is starting to cost us, the players are tired and it shows.

The lack of rotation shows one thing. Those that we got to rotate are awful.

Mikel, Salah, schurrle are nowhere near good enough.

Should be moved for either younger players.... Which mourinho at the moment shows no hint of doing, or just buy better players and sell these.

Imo that is fine as long as we win the title in the end, if not questions would need to be asked and his position reviewed if we are trophy less again this season. I hope not though, I want us to do a 09-10 again and play exciting football to winning the league, not barely scrapping over the line because we kept on winning 1-0.

To be honest with you I dont see a reason to revert to such tactics. This game was a one off where everyone bar hazard and ramires played poorly. If we have one or more of this type of games then fair enough

Up till now I had argue that our poor away form this season is down to goal scoring.

The lack of rotation shows one thing. Those that we got to rotate are awful.

Mikel, Salah, schurrle are nowhere near good enough.

Should be moved for either younger players.... Which mourinho at the moment shows no hint of doing, or just buy better players and sell these.

You might have a point but you could also argue that the squad players are not given enough games to get into rythm and gain form. It's unfair to expect players who only see game time sparringly to come in and perform whenever called upon.

Jose will definitely used this awful game as an excuse to revert to parking the bus in a bid to keep things tight at the back.

the first thing he should do is getting rid of Cahill in the starting XI, something I honestly don't think he'll do. For lack of balls or for playing favorite, he'll stick with Cahill no matter how awful he's been. Matic is tired, we worn him down, if he doesn't get a proper rest we'll start conceding galore... our defense on the right side is laughable with IVa collecting mistakes too.

the first thing he should do is getting rid of Cahill in the starting XI, something I honestly don't think he'll do. For lack of balls or for playing favorite, he'll stick with Cahill no matter how awful he's been. Matic is tired, we worn him down, if he doesn't get a proper rest we'll start conceding galore... our defense on the right side is laughable with IVa collecting mistakes too.

I didn't foresee cahill being this poor before the season began. He can't even get the basics right atm. Sadly like you said his position in the team remains unthreatened. Zouma should start the next match in his place.

To be honest with you I dont see a reason to revert to such tactics. This game was a one off where everyone bar hazard and ramires played poorly. If we have one or more of this type of games then fair enough

Up till now I had argue that our poor away form this season is down to goal scoring.

(I agree goal scoring is the problem, and today was a collective bad day)

But going forward, how do we solve this poor away form? imo this current lineup has failed enough.

For me, the best solution is to use Fabregas higher up the pitch. Sure it will affect our overall game, but his decisiveness and creativity will make up for it, more times than none.

Not saying I agree or disagree on your notion, but there's definitely political influence on football period.

Well yes there's political influence in football and I don't think anyone is saying that Mourinho is the Dalai Lama, but ultimately what is being suggested here is that Jose is knowingly and intentionally sacrificing the success of his own career to further the interests of his agent. I don't mind 'conspiracy theories' so long as they make sense and the idea that Jose is 'padding' the career of an agent at the expense of his own ambitions doesn't make sense in my opinion. Surely Mourinho has more to gain by Chelsea being successful?

We should seriously consider Mirallas, Sissoko and Schneiderlin to add to our bench because they can make some difference. Salah, Schurrle, Mikel are good when we are winning, but they dont turn the game around.

Having Mirallas or Sissoko on bench would be much better.

We should seriously consider Mirallas, Sissoko and Schneiderlin to add to our bench because they can make some difference. Salah, Schurrle, Mikel are good when we are winning, but they dont turn the game around.

Having Mirallas or Sissoko on bench would be much better.

Good suggestions. I'm a fan of all 3. But even signing any of them in January will be very difficult.