Juan Cuadrado

Liuxas

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like WAGNH. Never read their twitter page, or even knew it existed before now, but I visit the site daily. I can't say that I agree with every opinion expressed there, but they do try to report as many Chelsea related stories as they can so I find it a useful way to catch up. What's more, they write well. It's a rare pleasure these days to read articles by people who know how to use the English language.

Really humorous style to it, especially the ones written by Paztdor.

If you pick last season and chose per game, there are so many areas Willian is better

Cuadrado vs Willian

Key passes: 1,72 vs 2,48

Chances created: 1,88 vs 2,56

Shot acc.: 42% vs 48%

Tackles won: 1,19 vs 1,40

Successful take ons: 52,44% vs 56,72%

Possession score: 2,73 vs 7,49

Mind that this is in Cuadrado's best season to date. But my point aint that he is bad or worse than Willian, but that these stats can make any of the two ''better''. Real life is different though.

Don't forget that last season Willian took set pieces, which made his chances created (and key passes) stats look better. But that aside, Willian really kind of regressed this season (I'm not talking about stats here). He seems even more toothless. I often feel like there's a higher chance of something happening when Ivanovic goes forward rather than when Willian does.

Just when I'm starting to really warm to the idea of Cuadrado, shit is starting to go wrong and we may settle for a mediocre player instead. :(

I don't think we will know for sure Cuadrado deal is dead until Salah or Schurrle have gone. I think we all expect us to stick another bid (or first) in for Cuadrado when a sale happens

As said for my money, I think it'll happen

It is going to be one of the two. There is also the prospect of the club turning their head on Cuadrado intentionally, in order for the deal to go through. I am expecting something by the end of the week. Salah leaving on loan with news on who exactly we are going to get.

I don't think we will know for sure Cuadrado deal is dead until Salah or Schurrle have gone. I think we all expect us to stick another bid (or first) in for Cuadrado when a sale happens

As said for my money, I think it'll happen

It is of course best to take everything that swirls around the internet concerning football transfers (or anything else for that matter) with a huge pinch of salt, but Di Marzio is the source that first stated that we were attempting to purchase Cuadrado; he seems to have some genuine information concerning the potential transfer. If he says that it's now looking unlikely, then in this instance I'm inclined to believe him.

Cue today or tomorrow: 'Chelsea FC is delighted to announce the purchase of Juan Guillermo Cuadrado etc.....'

That Costa guy only played 6 games? Why are we in for him then?

Some teams played more than 6 games in the CL group stages? :P Squawka don't provide stats for the Ukrainian league, so only his CL stats are available for the comparison.

So in a matter of days we've gone from Messi to Reus to Cuadrado to Costa and finally to Valencia? What next, we decide against buying anyone and recall the mighty Marko Marin?