Juan Cuadrado

Liuxas

We will make big mistake selling salah. I think he will score 30 goals season in serie a. He is the next messi for gods sake. Now he is messi without the talent but if you look closer you can see his talent to be like messi its just hidden. look close guys and his is also faster. Big mistake chelsea cuardrado is not even half the player salah will be.Peace out.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really haven't seen enough of him to offer a sound opinion but there were times when I tuned in to a Fiorentina match to watch Jovetic and I always ended up paying more attention to Cuadrado.

I have reservations about spending that amount of money on a player who seems to be a marginal improvement on our options for right wing but the thing is, if City are able to retain the premiership, it'll be the 6th season we haven't won the league and the gap between ourselves and them, in terms of commercial revenue, brand appeal etc will widen further. So the people who are saying that we should wait until the summer for someone like Reus need to consider what the possibility of City retaining the title and winning it for the 3rd time in 4 years will mean for us in terms of being able to compete for the best players and also retaining our best players, i.e Hazard. I think the board should do all they can to put the team in the best possible position to win the league and having Cuadrado in place of Salah will strengthen the squad considerably.

26M seems like a lot to spend on him but the implications of not winning the league, I feel, would be more costly.

And of course winning the league this season is more important than ever. The new seeding system, starting next season, means that it will be virtually impossible for us to be one of the top seeds in the Champions League unless we are champions of England, or of Europe. Being in pot two isn't the end of the world but it would make life noticeably tougher.

Still trying to figure out why people are comparing Willian to cuadrado? They will be in the squad. It's cuadrado vs. salah or schurrle we need to look at.

And firstly if salah and schurrle both want to be in sides where they play more then this is less about necessity and more about need. Point is we don't know.

I for one have no problem with fee or Juan's integration into the team because from a distance he looks like the player who can slot seamlessly into our squad. We wouldn't be trying to force him to adapt like debruyne or mata. Also, you can't find players of his make for less than the amount is being bandied about. Willian, who everyone acknowledges, does loads of good things for the team but lacks in the final 3rd went for 30m and we weren't the only team looking at him. Juan at 26m is not a bad fee at all for a player just touching his prime years

Even if both Salah and Schürrle go would we really be after another right sided attacking player? Willian, Cuadrado, and Reus would be far too many to keep happy.

If we buy Cuadrado then I'd think our business would be done as far as attacking players go.

That's not what I mean, if Reus is truly who we've wanted all along signing Cuadrado won't keep us from signing him. Worst case scenario is we move on Willian to make way... bottom line is player acquisitions don't cease because we signed someone in January

Shit.

IF that is the case, then I would anticipate that Salah leaves and Douglas Costa is brought in to replace him as a left-footed RW in the squad. Despite what has happened so far this season, I'm not convinced that Mourinho is ready to let Schurrle go, and Schurrle staying on with us means that Douglas Costa being cup-tied for the CL won't matter as much as it could have.

2e762a2bd3887c40f8020d84ed553830.jpg

Per 90...

If you pick last season and chose per game, there are so many areas Willian is better

Cuadrado vs Willian

Key passes: 1,72 vs 2,48

Chances created: 1,88 vs 2,56

Shot acc.: 42% vs 48%

Tackles won: 1,19 vs 1,40

Successful take ons: 52,44% vs 56,72%

Possession score: 2,73 vs 7,49

Mind that this is in Cuadrado's best season to date. But my point aint that he is bad or worse than Willian, but that these stats can make any of the two ''better''. Real life is different though.

One would question whether Willian would be less toothless if he didn't have to continually cover for Ivanovic.

Nevertheless, no excuses. His final third is way too tame, indecisive, and as some have highlighted in other threads, a tempo killer. Wingers are attacking midfielders, they possess this fantastic ability to cross, beat defenders and in a lot of cases score goals. Three goals and two assists. When you see people complaining about Juan's price tag, get this - Willian cost £32m. Indeed, thirty-two million pounds. A somewhat similiar price the gunners paid for Sanchez. He makes Cuadrado look like ASDA's own brand cornflakes. Equivalent in quality, much better value for money.

Cuadrado, as a player who is more directly orientated, would be unarguably favourable for the squad. An extra dimension that would give defenders nightmares, whereby Cesc and Oscar would be spoilt for choice. Of course, he and Willian have similarities and differences. Advantages and disadvantages, pros and cons. That's why Mourinho won't be shifting the Brazilian. He will be exporting the dead wood, and importing raw mahogany.

One would question whether Willian would be less toothless if he didn't have to continually cover for Ivanovic.

Nevertheless, no excuses. His final third is way too tame, indecisive, and as some have highlighted in other threads, a tempo killer. Wingers are attacking midfielders, they possess this fantastic ability to cross, beat defenders and in a lot of cases score goals. Three goals and two assists. When you see people complaining about Juan's price tag, get this - Willian cost £32m. Indeed, thirty-two million pounds. A somewhat similiar price the gunners paid for Sanchez. He makes Cuadrado look like ASDA's own brand cornflakes. Equivalent in quality, much better value for money.

Cuadrado, as a player who is more directly orientated, would be unarguably favourable for the squad. An extra dimension that would give defenders nightmares, whereby Cesc and Oscar would be spoilt for choice. Of course, he and Willian have similarities and differences. Advantages and disadvantages, pros and cons. That's why Mourinho won't be shifting the Brazilian. He will be exporting the dead wood, and importing raw mahogany.

How eloquent of you. I can already tell you're gonna be one of my favourite posters.

Haven't seen much of him. But a tad more expensive than Willian but only marginally better seems the general consensus. Guess I'll have to wait and see if it happens. Unfortunate for Andre :-(

I think you mean, cheaper than Willian.