Juan Cuadrado

Liuxas

No, he has favourites.

This quote from Ba applies to more people than just Mourinho:

Sometimes when you are at a club with a lot of big stars, the name counts for more than the statistics.

such utter BS from someone blinded by his love for a below-par player... yeah jose does has favorites, you know who? people who actually perform when given the chance! some fans lol...

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

such utter BS from someone blinded by his love for a below-par player... yeah jose does has favorites, you know who? people who actually perform when given the chance! some fans lol...

If you can't handle the truth, don't read it.

Youre racist if you compare Cuadrado to Willian. They couldn't be anymore different. Sick of seeing that comparison when they couldn't be anymore different. It's so incredibly lazy.

Willian just holds unto possession and recycles the ball.

Cuadrado is by far the more direct player. He's completely different in the way he approaches the opponent. He will replace schurlle as our direct player.

Back in the start of the season, when opponents didnt know how to play us due to new signings, we banged goals for fun. They tried to stop Hazard, but we had Costa and he scored shitload of goals. Eventualy opponents started close mark him too and our performance drained a bit. With Cuadrado, opponents will probably stretch their defence even further and it will be very beneficial for us. Its clear that Willian almost never runs at defenders, crosses etc and it makes him easier to stop. With Cuadrado, story will be different.

I was doubtful about Salah and even Willian when we signed them, because I thought they aint proven enough. Im doubtful about Cuadrado too, maybe he aint perfect fit, but he is certainly quality player.

35m is steep, but lets face it; if Schurrle/Salah leaves, we NEED another player and Cuadrado is best pick in january.

I admit, I dont watch every Fiorentina game, I only watched them about three times this season, he had his ups and downs in those games, but what I like is that Cuadrado takes a fucking shot and isnt afraid to do it again and again until he scores. Im fucking tired of our attackers passing passing passing and no one takes the shot. And the good part here is that Cuadrado is actualy good shot taker.

Willian just holds unto possession and recycles the ball.

Cuadrado is by far the more direct player. He's completely different in the way he approaches the opponent. He will replace schurlle as our direct player.

Yeah, and a direct player who's far better defensively than Schurrle (and who can play as a midfielder or even as a RB if needed).

I haven't watched Serie A much in the last couple of seasons, but other Milan fans I know who still watch Serie A regularly rate him highly. Some rate him higher than Sanchez(and they obviously have seen Sanchez a lot since he also used to play in Serie A). They say this season Cuadrado just seems a bit demotivated after not having been sold in the summer.

Are we just trying to buy him to replace Salah? We could easily promote a young player to play the benchwarmer role. RW is not even our absolute priority , that would be a CB. I'd understand if we overpaid for a quality defender even cup-tied but this I can't..

I hope this deal never goes through.

Are we just trying to buy him to replace Salah? We could easily promote a young player to play the benchwarmer role. RW is not even our absolute priority , that would be a CB. I'd understand if we overpaid for a quality defender even cup-tied but this I can't..

We only have Willian at rw. How is it not a priority???? People dismissed the Costa deal aswell.

I agree that a young fast CB to play the high line effectively is a bigger priority, but RW is important too. We're very predictable because of the lack of threat from RW.

I'm not saying we don't need a RW. I even said on another thread that I would pick Reus over Pogba if I had the choice. However what I'm not in for is wasting money on a marginal upgrade when Willian is doing is a monstruous defensive work. We should only be buying if the right player is available otherwise we're not going to make any considerable progress.

I was an advocate of the Costa transfer at the time. His price tag was reasonable for a player of his quality and the only other striker we had was Torres. different situation IMO.

Youre racist if you compare Cuadrado to Willian. They couldn't be anymore different. Sick of seeing that comparison when they couldn't be anymore different. It's so incredibly lazy.

Well, I think they're pretty similar players (good technique, high work rate, great defensive acumen, good dribblers), and I'm black as well. Does that mean I'm racist to my own kind? :o

Cuadrado is the best option we could have gotten in this window. He's a massive upgrade to Schurrle and Salah and will put a lot of pressure on Willian. An actual right winger that will stretch teams and doesn't have the tendency to cut in all the time. He's also not cup-tied and can play in the CL. Win - Win scenario for us.