Juan Cuadrado

Liuxas

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jose playing down as expected the arrival of anyone. Said Schurrle must be better and we need an exceptional offer for Salah.

I thought he was speaking about Schürrle when saying it would take an "exceptional" offer?

Seems like any deals depend on what happens with André. He's the domino that would set in motion any moves. If we don't get a big money offer for him then we do no business this window in my opinion.

I thought he was speaking about Schürrle when saying it would take an "exceptional" offer?

Seems like any deals depend on what happens with André. He's the domino that would set in motion any moves. If we don't get a big money offer for him then we do no business this window in my opinion.

Which is not necessarily a bad thing in the bigger scheme of things...

Which is not necessarily a bad thing in the bigger scheme of things...

Agreed.

If we can move Salah and bring in Cuadrado then we'll have done some fantastic business but I'm not sure I want to see Schürrle leave.

Obviously Mou wont say salah and schurrle could be out...as he wont say anyone is coming in.

And Cuadrado wont say he is going to chelsea.

Until everythig is agreed no one will confirm anything. If deal falls off, they would lool like idiots then.

Remember when he said he wanted Torres to stay and that he doesn't expect him to leave at all.... a few hours later he went to Milan. He acted the same when we were about to sell Kdb, Luiz and Mata.

TBF, he may have wanted them to stay but when you get offers like 50m, 38m etc, then you gotta think again especially when those offers are more than their actual worth.

Agreed.

If we can move Salah and bring in Cuadrado then we'll have done some fantastic business but I'm not sure I want to see Schürrle leave.

If we are going to sell Schurrle, I think it's best to do so in the summer. He's out of form at the moment but we have seen what he can do for us last season and only a few months ago, before he suffered the mystery illness, we were praising him for his off the ball movement (which is no else but Costa and probably Oscar have that) and as an option to play on the break. Of course this is no guarantee, but those qualities along with his pace and clinical finishing could be useful (even Mourinho himself has mentioned that a few times) when playing in Europe especially and help us go far in the competition.

On the other hand, I'm kinda questioning the logic of signing Cuadrado/Costa here. Are we only buying one of them because we are selling Schurrle/Salah or are we replace Schurrle/Salah to actually improve our RW? Right now, the impression seems to be the former and if that's the case, then it's basically only a stop-gap signing, which is bad business. If Mourinho is going to use Cuadrado effectively and equally with Willian, then fine. If not, then we'll practically have a 27 million squad player sitting on the bench every time (or 30m if suddenly Willian gets thrown out of the starting XI). Would rather wait till the summer when more options are available and we go from there.

Jose doing what any smart, good manager would do. They are his players till they aren't his players. If a deal gets scuppered we are stuck with players the manager wrote off in the media, not ideal. Jose taking it one step at a time.

On the other hand, I'm kinda questioning the logic of signing Cuadrado/Costa here. Are we only buying one of them because we are selling Schurrle/Salah or are we replace Schurrle/Salah to actually improve our RW? Right now, the impression seems to be the former and if that's the case, then it's basically only a stop-gap signing, which is bad business. If Mourinho is going to use Cuadrado effectively and equally with Willian, then fine. If not, then we'll practically have a 27 million squad player sitting on the bench every time (or 30m if suddenly Willian gets thrown out of the starting XI). Would rather wait till the summer when more options are available and we go from there.

I'm not so sure I agree with this portion. Andre hasn't proven he is consistent enough to play for Chelsea, either this year or last year. We are going into the most important stretch of games of the season and we only have a slightly less inconsistent willian to depend on. Everybody knows we will reach a stretch of games were squad rotation is paramount and currently we don't really have someone we can trust on the right or left for that matter.

Also, keep in mind that if we wait until the summer the market for our assets goes down as well. Who is really gonna pay top dollar for two players who barely played in the summer?

To compete with the best you need exceptional squad depth. Look no further than real and Bayern for examples of that.

On the one hand if its like 25 mil then its not terrible but seems a waste for someone who i am not sure is that big of an upgrade over Willian, and i would assume means Schurrle is leaving.

On the other hand, Dat Pace on FIFA tho... ;)

Chelsea Legend 11, on 23 Jan 2015 - 10:18 PM, said:

I'm not so sure I agree with this portion. Andre hasn't proven he is consistent enough to play for Chelsea, either this year or last year. We are going into the most important stretch of games of the season and we only have a slightly less inconsistent willian to depend on. Everybody knows we will reach a stretch of games were squad rotation is paramount and currently we don't really have someone we can trust on the right or left for that matter.

Never said anything about Schurrle being a first choice all of a sudden, but a useful option to have at least until the summer. You never know when we need his qualities, especially in European matches, where we tend to play a little bit more on the break.

Even if we do get Cuadrado in this window, there's no guarantee he'll be instant hit and fit in seamlessly. He could take time to adapt and if that proves to be the case, then we're pretty back to square one again.

Also, keep in mind that if we wait until the summer the market for our assets goes down as well. Who is really gonna pay top dollar for two players who barely played in the summer?

Schurrle is highly rated in Germany and clubs would offer a good amount of money for him. The situation would hardly regardless of how many many minutes he gets between now and the end of the season. And you're assuming that he (and Salah) won't play a lot even though Mourinho has showed almost the opposite previously.

To compete with the best you need exceptional squad depth. Look no further than real and Bayern for examples of that.

Those 2 clubs are in a different world when it comes to squad depth but on the other hand, it's impossible to have that kind of squad and expect players to be happy. Khedira and Illaramendi are looking to leave Real Madrid and not to mention, Shaqiri just left Bayern. Not team is perfect with the squad depth.

Never said anything about Schurrle being a first choice all of a sudden, but a useful option to have at least until the summer. You never know when we need his qualities, especially in European matches, where we tend to play a little bit more on the break.

Even if we do get Cuadrado in this window, there's no guarantee he'll be instant hit and fit in seamlessly. He could take time to adapt and if that proves to be the case, then we're pretty back to square one again.

Schurrle is highly rated in Germany and clubs would offer a good amount of money for him. The situation would hardly regardless of how many many minutes he gets between now and the end of the season. And you're assuming that he (and Salah) won't play a lot even though Mourinho has showed almost the opposite previously.

Those 2 clubs are in a different world when it comes to squad depth but on the other hand, it's impossible to have that kind of squad and expect players to be happy. Khedira and Illaramendi are looking to leave Real Madrid and not to mention, Shaqiri just left Bayern. Not team is perfect with the squad depth.

I never said anything about him being first choice either, it's clear it's willian. What I did say is schurrle hasn't really been all that effective when he's been in the team. We've already had a need for him and he's failed to deliver on numerous occasions. I like him as a person but he's been relatively poor as a player.

We have no way of knowing whether or not cuadrado will be the answer, what we do know is schurrle and salah have made the club think we need to fill a void on the right flank. Reus could come and we'd still have no way of knowing whether or not he will fit in. The stance you seem to be taking is 'we know what we have in these two and regardless of whether or not they are working, they are known quantities.' I don't subscribe to that, we are trying to improve and with that there is always risk.

What I'm saying is when you deal from a position of strength you stand to get more in return. If we wait till the summer out bargaining power weakens because teams have more players to choose from. The market is in our favour as a seller now.

Bottom line is the best teams in the world have high quality subs on their bench, that is what we are aspiring to.