Juan Cuadrado

Liuxas

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He had a great season last year and a very good world cup. He does like to feign injury a bit and go down like he's been shot but he's a fantastic player and the type we're desperate for. We don't have a single natural right sided midfielder in the squad who can change a game and we need one badly.

I think it's a summer job though, no way we'll be doing it now. Will happen in the summer i'm sure.

You have no way of knowing what the club's intentions are.

Funny you say that and then turn around to tell me like you know what the club's intentions are.

What we do know is that we have to sell before we buy so naturally we hear about the offers coming in first before we hear of player purchases. We have no way of knowing how good he can be in our set up. We have a need because neither schurrle or salah have provided us with that in injection on the right. The club will have identified cuadrado as a replacement, not me, so clearly they think he is an upgrade.

If we really have a need for Cuadrado to improve our RW, we would have expressed our interest long time ago. We would have tried to get him earlier. Why did news about our supposed interest only came out after Wolfsburg and Roma claimed to want Schurrle and Salah respectively? All the signs are pointing to we are getting Cuadrado because Schurrle/Salah is leaving. Even Mourinho himself said that yesterday in the press conference. It's a reactive signing.

Mourinho may be thinking of upgrading our RW anyway but I'm sure he would prefer to do the business in the summer when more options are available. That position doesn't need to be urgently filled now, does it? But because the situation has been forced upon him, he's probably have had to look for second/third choice target when others aren't available to replace Schurrle/Salah.

I don't know much about him as a player to make a fair assessment maybe you do. 27m for a high quality bench player isn't bad.

Wait. You said you don't know much about him as a player and yet claimed he's high quality? :carlo:

I'm just genuinely curious in general about those who supposedly wants Cuadrado - how many have actually watched him play regularly to say he's good? OR have these people judged he's good only because of our players' form right now?

You make schurrle sound like he's a world beater. There are tons of players that are in his bracket of players, and it's a fact that if teams have other targets available at a number that our bargaining position is weakened, doesn't matter how much you think he's highly rated in Germany, if we price him out of the market value teams will look at secondary targets.

Not making Schurrle a world beater. Just stating the truth - he is highly rated in Germany and not to mention, proven in the Bundesliga. Teams like Wolfsburg, Dortmund etc know what they'll get with Schurrle, as opposed to spending big elsewhere and run the risk of the other player being a flop in their team.

Nobody said anything about world class. The words I used were HIGH QUALITY squad players.

World class, high quality...what's the difference? You are practically asking us to have a squad full of great players, which is nigh on impossible.

1. You clearly did not read my post properly, I'm not explaining it again.

2. Maybe it has something to do with him being at the club before? Speaking English or having a friend/living in London before? Anyway, players hitting the ground running like Matic did are very rare indeed.

3. And you are looking at the information arseways! You're making it seem like Kezman was a freak 1/100 accident and that players adapt perfectly 99% of the time, when it couldn't be further from the truth! Case and point, Schurrle and Salah!

Jesus Christ, Schurrle's stats were almost identical to Cuadrado's before the came to Chelsea except he was younger, and Salah's weren't far off either. And what happened? Stats mean fuck all unless you are in freak territory like 30+ goals a season like Costa was.

4. How can you say the risk/reward is high simply because Salah and Schurrle have contributed so little? What makes you so sure? It is because Fiorentina stuck on a couple of extra million than Schurrle? Is that 100% indicative of a player's quality? Torres?! LOL, THIS IS NOT FOOTBALL MANAGER. Did you ever think that Cuadrado could just be an even bigger, more expensive flop than Salah or Schurrle?!

Did you ever think of this simple fact: if Cuadrado was good, even if Cuadrado was on Mourinho's wish list, he would already be in the team.

Because when it comes down to it, the signing of Cuadrado is a singing of circumstance, not of necessity or a want or a need.

We will sign him if a player wants to leave, that's it, not because he was always wanted. Compare with other Mourinho signings:

Matic: Need

Salah: Circumstance

Fabregas: Need

Costa: Need

Willian was needed because clearly Mourinho was planning on ousting Mata but whether he is the best for the team, I don't know; the fact that he wants to spend big money (not just 'Salah' money) on another RW tells me he isn't 100% confident in Willian. As far as Schurrle, maybe he is just a signing that just didn't go right as he never found consistency. But you can easily spot the signings that were 110% wanted and needed for the structure of Mourinho's team.

Cuadrado, no matter how you want to look at it, is a signing that is a result of a set of circumstances rather than a player Mourinho has identified from the beginning. I would rather wait until the summer when the market is more open.

All you've done is prove my point by continually coming up with excuses to support your claim, that being there is no rule of thumb, for every salah there is a matic. Every individual is different from you seem to be doing the very rudimentary 'paint by numbers' routine. "So and so struggled so we shouldn't by anyone because he didn't adjust" The fact is the club is in a much different position now and players are given everything necessary to adapt and adjust. The fact that schurrle and salah didn't work out could be because they are unable to play the style we want of them. It's funny because instead of acknowledging that the players are playing at a higher level and previously and have failed, you say the reason they aren't performing is because they haven't adjusted... LOL. As if we're talking about former world class players.

I said risk and reward is high because we are jeopardizing our chemistry in the hope that we find a better fit in the squad. And please stop analyzing the stats!! Good lord!! When Mata was here he had 18goals and 25assists the season before he left, it's all about how you fit into the team philosophy and right now schurrle and salah have failed to adapt. You may argue they need more time but our board and Jose think differently. I know nothing about the true quality of Cuadrado, neither do you since you only knew of him since the World Cup... But guess what we're not paid to know that, the club have a whole department dedicated to tracking players and analyzing their suitability with the club. I'm willing to bet good money they have an extensive dossier on cuadrado as do utd and Barca who have both expressed interest.

If you go back a few pages you will see it was me would first said this purchase could be need rather than necessity. But that doesn't take from the fact the club have highlighted cuadrado as our replacement if that is indeed the case.

Also keep in mind we don't have to sell if we don't want to.

Despite Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho playing down talk of a move for Fiorentina's Juan Cuadrado in the week, Sky sources understand talks are ongoing between both club.

The player wants the move, but the sticking point remains the buy out clause of £26million.

So Montella was saying he wasn't going anywhere, now saying he will quit......Sounds like the the tide is turning.

Salah is off IMO and Cuadrado will arrive.

I dont understand why he would say this. He has a buyout, he is kind of setting himself up to quit, i mean he must know we could end up triggering it?

Funny you say that and then turn around to tell me like you know what the club's intentions are.

If we really have a need for Cuadrado to improve our RW, we would have expressed our interest long time ago. We would have tried to get him earlier. Why did news about our supposed interest only came out after Wolfsburg and Roma claimed to want Schurrle and Salah respectively? All the signs are pointing to we are getting Cuadrado because Schurrle/Salah is leaving. Even Mourinho himself said that yesterday in the press conference. It's a reactive signing.

Mourinho may be thinking of upgrading our RW anyway but I'm sure he would prefer to do the business in the summer when more options are available. That position doesn't need to be urgently filled now, does it? But because the situation has been forced upon him, he's probably have had to look for second/third choice target when others aren't available to replace Schurrle/Salah.

Wait. You said you don't know much about him as a player and yet claimed he's high quality? :carlo:

I'm just genuinely curious in general about those who supposedly wants Cuadrado - how many have actually watched him play regularly to say he's good? OR have these people judged he's good only because of our players' form right now?

Not making Schurrle a world beater. Just stating the truth - he is highly rated in Germany and not to mention, proven in the Bundesliga. Teams like Wolfsburg, Dortmund etc know what they'll get with Schurrle, as opposed to spending big elsewhere and run the risk of the other player being a flop in their team.

World class, high quality...what's the difference? You are practically asking us to have a squad full of great players, which is nigh on impossible.

ya you're right.

I dont understand why he would say this. He has a buyout, he is kind of setting himself up to quit, i mean he must know we could end up triggering it?

Montella is probably saying that he will quit (or consider quitting) if Fiorentina sell Cuadrado to us for less than his buy-out clause. This will prevent us from being able to negotiate the price down to an amount that we are more comfortable with paying.

Edit: see his comments posted below; they pretty much confirm this (if he even made the threat in the first place).

Montella today: "I believe it's a simple situation, he has an exit clause that he agreed to with the club: if someone pays it and he wants to leave, we can't do anything about it. But he's off the market for the club and I, but when there is a clause there is nothing you can do".

The rumors about a resign if they sell Cuadrado seems like bs.

Montella today: "I believe it's a simple situation, he has an exit clause that he agreed to with the club: if someone pays it and he wants to leave, we can't do anything about it. But he's off the market for the club and I, but when there is a clause there is nothing you can do".

The rumors about a resign if they sell Cuadrado seems like bs.

The Express for you

Really pisses me off that we are gonna go out and pay £25 million for this guy who in my opinion will not improve our team much. We could go all out for Reus -a proven world class player- rather than Cuadrado ffs

It's not so simple. Maybe Reus doesn't want to join us. He might already have an agreement with Real, as it is rumoured.