The Board

22 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

Salzburg CEO Stephan Reiter telling Sky Austria 2 hours ago, that there is no contact between RBS and Chelsea and that he can rule out Christoph Freund leaving.

I would need to see his exact words, becuase there are a lot of ways to use rhetoric to obfuscate what is truly going on

11 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I would need to see his exact words, becuase there are a lot of ways to use rhetoric to obfuscate what is truly going on

Here is the video (probably geo-blocked - VPN ftw)_ https://www.skysportaustria.at/freund-abgang-reiter-kann-wechsel-ganz-klar-ausschliessen/

7 hours ago, Blues Forever said:

This is good, would love to see the club focus on value for money signings and try to unearth some talents rather than having to spend big money and watch them put in inconsistent performances week after week (Havertz, Pulisic, Lukaku, Ziyech etc). 

Steffen Freund would be rather far from being my first choice. In Germany he is mostly known for his extremely unprofessional, yelly, awkward and vulgar appearances as EL commentator which do not exactly reflect favourably upon his football competence. Also there is his Spurs history. Admittedly, I have no further insight on his precise achievements at RBS. but if there are any it has had no impact on his parlous reputation here in Germany. 

6 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Steffen Freund would be rather far from being my first choice. In Germany he is mostly known for his extremely unprofessional, yelly, awkward and vulgar appearances as EL commentator which do not exactly reflect favourably upon his football competence. Also there is his Spurs history. Admittedly, I have no further insight on his precise achievements at RBS. but if there are any it has had no impact on his parlous reputation here in Germany. 

your confusing Steffen Freund and Christoph Freund^^

59 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Wrong Freund lol.

Christoph Freund is impressive but at the same time his history at Salzburg, they are a feeder club and the type of signings, are we going to have such an environment where these players who may be seen as unknowns come here and play straight away? Or if we go the multiple club route will they be signed by others with the long term in mind? Its going to be interesting to see if he can find these players who can contribute straight away and where time isn’t necessarily going to be a saving grace as there is a clear higher focus on short term as well as the long run in the clubs recent history - something that I don’t see changing with the new owners.

Edited by OneMoSalah

19 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Any major financial investment group will be invested heavily in oil and energy production. Too much profit to ignore.

Agree - my point was any group of people with a vested interests in several top clubs opens the possibilty for manipulation. Not that we need to worry we already have UEFA and Anthony Taylor covering that