The Board

18 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

Timestamp 08:18. Matt Law confirms Marina was in fact in charge of transfers at Chelsea: "She ran the club. She decided on contracts. She decided on transfers. Every football aspect needed her sign-off."

This is what I thought. I have said for years that she must've been the one in charge of final sign off as she clearly had a lot of power and most after RA  but people refused to believe it and made out like she was some number crunching bookeeper. 

Personally, I don't think it was the plan to have Granny leave this early in the process (Buck doesn't really surprise me, as I always suspected TB would step into his role) as we're in the middle of the window and she has obviously been the go to contact but something must've happened/been realised. 

My suspicion (obviously all this is) is that the contract management and transfer handling hasn't gone down well when they've actually got their feet on the ground and TB/Clearlake are of the opinion it cannot go on. 

Edited by King Kante

Matt Law also says: “Cech’s interview gives an idea of what him and Marina were hoping, trying to keep Lukaku and make it work. Boehly came in and told Tuchel it’s his call and they will do what Tuchel wants”. Tuchel and Boehly might have been ready to give Lukaku another chance for a year depending on his attitude, but Lukaku was so determined to go that letting him leave was the only option. The alternative was felt to be an absolutely toxic situation where Lukaku would likely not be getting into the squad anymore, such would be his behavior.

Edited by Blues Forever

1 hour ago, Blues Forever said:

Some people are going to absolutely melt down if there aren't players brought in. My opinion is that it is better not to buy anyone if the result is just more Kepa/Lukaku/Bakayoko/Drinkwater type signings. 

Obviously it isn't ideal, as we do have a lot of holes. However, I am now at the stage where I really cannot be doing with anymore pony signings and would just rather go with youth players if good options aren't possible.

Tuchel has done good as a manager in short term but I'm still not sure about his recruitment. 

We started bad with Luakaku, I am holding my breath to what comes next. 

I still say Lampard was good at spoting talent, not good as a coach. 

Make him our SD, 

3 hours ago, Blues Forever said:

Timestamp 08:18. Matt Law confirms Marina was in fact in charge of transfers at Chelsea: "She ran the club. She decided on contracts. She decided on transfers. Every football aspect needed her sign-off."

@OhForAGreavsie

4 hours ago, Fernando said:

Tuchel has done good as a manager in short term but I'm still not sure about his recruitment. 

We started bad with Luakaku, I am holding my breath to what comes next. 

I still say Lampard was good at spoting talent, not good as a coach. 

Make him our SD, 

What makes you think Lukaku was a Tuchel choice? I had assumed from the beginning that he wasn't.

6 hours ago, King Kante said:

Some people are going to absolutely melt down if there aren't players brought in. My opinion is that it is better not to buy anyone if the result is just more Kepa/Lukaku/Bakayoko/Drinkwater type signings. 

Obviously it isn't ideal, as we do have a lot of holes. However, I am now at the stage where I really cannot be doing with anymore pony signings and would just rather go with youth players if good options aren't possible.

In my opinion Tuchel and Boehly should be making a list of players for each of the positions they feel need to be resolved. If the top one or two aren't available this summer, then move on to a different position.

If it ends up where only 2 or 3 are available instead of 5 or 6 then get those and keep our powder dry for January or next summer.

Personally, I feel we'll get Sterling and at least one centre back in. I would like us to do something in the wing back roles too but like above, unless they're top targets then I don't want us simply buying for the sake.

11 hours ago, King Kante said:

Similar opinion, but we absolutely need a good CB or 2.