The Board

35 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I disagree. I think with the stipulations in place regarding future investment into the club and their inability to profit from the club for the next decade, prevents the idea of early returns.

With a £4bn takeover, they won't get return on investment by the club paying out £10-20m a year in dividends. They'll get the return on investment down the line by building the value of the club up and eventually selling all or some of their shares.

They will definitely want to do things differently to Roman and I've no doubt in my mind that the club will move into a more American model with regards to how it's brand is marketed. There will be internal changes in the board room and structurally which may mean the club has to take a step backwards before moving forwards but ultimately if the club doesn't continue to remain competitive and successful the value of their investment will diminish. 

Ultimately we're not going to know right now what is in store for us in the next 5,10, 20 years but I like the owner. He comes across very well, and he's an astute businessman but his prior dealings with sports teams in America have also centred on winning. He seems like he's got the balls to front the whole thing up and take over the reigns from the old establishment of Buck and Marina when it probably would have been easier for the next 6 - 12 months to let them carry on and smooth a transition. His neck is on the line this summer and I'm pretty sure he and the club will do the upmost to ensure the new ownership doesn't get off to a bad start.

I hope I'm wrong - but can't see the success we've had in the last 18 years being replicated. Profit through the brand and expansion of TV revenue will be sought just as keenly as success on the pitch.

38 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

His neck is on the line this summer

Pretty certain it isn't - he can be entrenched for decades if he wants - Glazers anyone ? Ashley ?

Anyway lets be glass half full and hope for the best.

34 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

I hope I'm wrong - but can't see the success we've had in the last 18 years being replicated. Profit through the brand and expansion of TV revenue will be sought just as keenly as success on the pitch.

There's a real argument that the success of Roman's tenure could and should have been even greater. 

We don't need to be the biggest spenders to compete, we've been crying out for changes in strategies behind the scenes, particularly regarding recruitment and squad building. Let's see what the new ownership put in place.

38 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Pretty certain it isn't - he can be entrenched for decades if he wants - Glazers anyone ? Ashley ?

Anyway lets be glass half full and hope for the best.

Probably worded that a bit too dramatically and meant more with regards to his standing amongst Chelsea fans, than necessarily his ownership on the line.

Having said that he's not majority owner so there will be pressure within the board room and consortium for him to get things right.

9 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Having said that he's not majority owner so there will be pressure within the board room and consortium for him to get things right.

Like your optimism and we can hope - I dont think the consortium that bought Chelsea did so because they are die hard Chelsea fans though, but because a successful West London club has the potential to make them richer. We'll see. 

On 24/06/2022 at 13:03, Vesper said:

that was NOT Tuchel

it has been definitely established now it was MARINA

as were so many of the other disasterclass moves

her legacy will be poor

we won what we won despite her, not because of her

and now we are paying the price

she will end up costing around £600m, £700m or so in shit deals buys, sales, non sales, non buys of every stripe, plus horrific contract management over the past 5, 6 years

only Barca has a worse track record over that span of time

Manure third

no other teams on planet remotely close to the Big 3 of Fails

at least we won some huge trophies, that is the only redeeming value

Hardly 🤣 

Talk about throwing a respected and highly successful person under the bus now they are on their way out…. although I am glad she is being asked to stay available for the new owner at present because she is clearly good at her job and can still contribute.

Whether or not she picked signings (again I doubt it severely, she was the last person to sign off on deals, that was a given in her role - which prior to her was probably Roman, who also had the final sign off on some horrible signings but don’t see you saying his legacy will be poor or he picked players although he did push heavily for Sheva and Ballack) she wasn’t exactly going and watching players and picking them without input from others. That wasn’t her role and for years to have seen this nonsense branded around here by many users, it is simply moronic to assume she randomly had a brainwave and thought ok lets sign Kepa, Lukaku, Werner, Ziyech (or anyone else who struggled) etc and put these into motion herself. Just an easy target now shes on the way out.

In fact, I would go as far as saying, moronic isn’t even the word. This narrative comes from people who are living in some sort of deluded fantasy that previous managers and the scouting department shouldn’t shoulder a lot of the blame. They should. Clearly. In fact I would say 75% of the blame for bad transfers at least lies with them. Easily.

I mean to say our transfer record is as bad as Uniteds or Barcelona’s is absolutely mind blowing 🤣 I mean barring Liverpool and City recently every big club has had some shockers but thats the transfer market.

Our transfer record over the past 10, 11, 12, 13 years or so has been pretty good and Marina will have had final sign off on a lot.

I mean signings like Hazard, Mata, Costa, Courtois, Matic, Kante, Kovacic, Rudiger, Chilwell, Mendy, Silva, Cahill, Jorginho, Fabregas, Giroud, Alonso, Pedro, Willian, Azpilicueta, Ramires off the top of my head have all been successes and contributed to the club in a big way. 

Even the likes of de Bruyne, Salah, Lukaku (1st time round), Luiz all made the club shedloads of money as well as multiple other loanees to comply with FFP and be reinvested so this narrative that Marina has fucked hundreds of millions is absolutely mind boggling. Plus you look at the recent integration of Mount, James, Chalobah, the money raised by sales of Tomori (FL should of tried harder to play him and never let him go out on loan to Milan because he is a sore miss just now with AC and Rudi away) and Abraham, the academy has also served us well on and off the pitch. 

Ok she wasn’t the chief executive to 2014 but its widely been reported since 2010 she was Roman’s main representative at the club due to being his chief assistant and was heavily involved in transfers and contracts.

I think it shes goes elsewhere and is half as successful and makes an impression like she did here, some of you might start to see her value instead of making daft accusations that she alone is responsible for X, Y or Z. We complained about the board and others beforehand but personally I think with Marina leaving, it is a huge gap to fill.

And for your post to say what we won despite her? With despite her in bold. That is absolutely mental 🤣 She was hugely involved in getting Jose back as well as Conte and Tuchel in the door, in fact a lot would say she probably had the most involvement.  

Edited by OneMoSalah

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Hardly 🤣 

Talk about throwing a respected and highly successful person under the bus now they are on their way out…. although I am glad she is being asked to stay available for the new owner at present because she is clearly good at her job and can still contribute.

Whether or not she picked signings (again I doubt it severely, she was the last person to sign off on deals, that was a given in her role - which prior to her was probably Roman, who also had the final sign off on some horrible signings but don’t see you saying his legacy will be poor or he picked players although he did push heavily for Sheva and Ballack) she wasn’t exactly going and watching players and picking them without input from others. That wasn’t her role and for years to have seen this nonsense branded around here by many users, it is simply moronic to assume she randomly had a brainwave and thought ok lets sign Kepa, Lukaku, Werner, Ziyech (or anyone else who struggled) etc and put these into motion herself. Just an easy target now shes on the way out.

In fact, I would go as far as saying, moronic isn’t even the word. This narrative comes from people who are living in some sort of deluded fantasy that previous managers and the scouting department shouldn’t shoulder a lot of the blame. They should. Clearly. In fact I would say 75% of the blame for bad transfers at least lies with them. Easily.

I mean to say our transfer record is as bad as Uniteds or Barcelona’s is absolutely mind blowing 🤣 I mean barring Liverpool and City recently every big club has had some shockers but thats the transfer market.

Our transfer record over the past 10, 11, 12, 13 years or so has been pretty good and Marina will have had final sign off on a lot.

I mean signings like Hazard, Mata, Costa, Courtois, Matic, Kante, Kovacic, Rudiger, Chilwell, Mendy, Silva, Cahill, Jorginho, Fabregas, Giroud, Alonso, Pedro, Willian, Azpilicueta, Ramires off the top of my head have all been successes and contributed to the club in a big way. 

Even the likes of de Bruyne, Salah, Lukaku (1st time round), Luiz all made the club shedloads of money as well as multiple other loanees to comply with FFP and be reinvested so this narrative that Marina has fucked hundreds of millions is absolutely mind boggling. Plus you look at the recent integration of Mount, James, Chalobah, the money raised by sales of Tomori (FL should of tried harder to play him and never let him go out on loan to Milan because he is a sore miss just now with AC and Rudi away) and Abraham, the academy has also served us well on and off the pitch. 

Ok she wasn’t the chief executive to 2014 but its widely been reported since 2010 she was Roman’s main representative at the club due to being his chief assistant and was heavily involved in transfers and contracts.

I think it shes goes elsewhere and is half as successful and makes an impression like she did here, some of you might start to see her value instead of making daft accusations that she alone is responsible for X, Y or Z. We complained about the board and others beforehand but personally I think with Marina leaving, it is a huge gap to fill.

And for your post to say what we won despite her? With despite her in bold. That is absolutely mental 🤣 She was hugely involved in getting Jose back as well as Conte and Tuchel in the door, in fact a lot would say she probably had the most involvement.  

I am not changing my long held opinion

it's where I personally draw the line

people can either accept that it is the way I feel or not

I have been pretty damn consistent on this since I joined this board 4 and half years ago

it is not like it is something new for me

On 24/06/2022 at 09:03, Vesper said:

that was NOT Tuchel

it has been definitely established now it was MARINA

as were so many of the other disasterclass moves

her legacy will be poor

we won what we won despite her, not because of her

and now we are paying the price

she will end up costing around £600m, £700m or so in shit deals buys, sales, non sales, non buys of every stripe, plus horrific contract management over the past 5, 6 years

only Barca has a worse track record over that span of time

Manure third

no other teams on planet remotely close to the Big 3 of Fails

at least we won some huge trophies, that is the only redeeming value

Easily the worst take I've read on this forum, and thats really an achievement.

Edited by Henrique

Surprised to see Cech leave, was hoping he'd stay on but with the other departures it was also a real possibility. 

Biggest worry now is that Tuchel feels exposed. We've all unheard how unenjoyable he ended up finding the PSG and Dortmund jobs with regards to having to manage upwards and from what has been reported the Chelsea structure with Marina and Cech protected him from that and allowed him to just get on with coaching.

Based on what has been reported regularly, Boehly will back Tuchel and I assume part of that will also be to build a structure around him that doesn't leave him isolated. 

26 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

Surprised he's actually leaving. He knows many languages, has immense respect in the game. It was reported he was leading the talks on the Havertz deal, the biggest in the last few years. Good luck to him, he should be in demand. 

No surprise at all really. Thats how it works in American corporations.

New boss comes in

They build their own empire.

What you did before I arrived is of little importance. You prove you can do your job when I get here or you walk.