Ryan Bertrand

DavidEU

He is defo worth more than 10m.

Somehow I feel he will have last laugh. Could easily get in england eleven and earn big move with good performances at Soton.

Realy great lad, never complained, worked hard and its normal he wanted to play more. He deserves to play regular football for Soton and maybe, just maybe one day he comes back because Luis wont be here forever.

Good luck Ryan and thanks for that magnificent CL performance :)

dislike that. He is homegrown and a very good LB. Luis is already 29 and not really that much better than Bertrand in a few years we will have the same problems all over again having to pay 20m+ for an established left back cos we got none of our own. I hope we got at least a decent fee for him.

dislike that. He is homegrown and a very good LB. Luis is already 29 and not really that much better than Bertrand in a few years we will have the same problems all over again having to pay 20m+ for an established left back cos we got none of our own. I hope we got at least a decent fee for him.

lets hope we dont lose Ake

Bertrand's biggest problem at Chelsea was not related to his level of play but rather the frequency of managerial changes. He simply became the victim of multiple managers' pursuit for glory and trophies at the expense of seeing our youth raise from the academy to the first eleven. Had Mourinho stayed at the Bridge since 2004, we would have witnessed Bertrand and numerous others raise from the youth setup to the top of the world. Mourinho this time simply wanted to maximise the strength of the squad with the signing of Filipe Luis which then practically ended Bertrand's career at this club. This does make us Chelsea fans sad considering that Ryan had been waiting patiently for the opportunities to come to him behind Ashley Cole season after season, and was promised on various occasions of the great future for him after Ashley's retirement. Sadly that never took place as Chelsea's hunger for trophies is higher than ever at the moment, and therefore our manager took the safest bet of buying somebody proven and world class.

19.05.2012. The day Bertrand nor Chelsea fans shall never forget. And his name will always be up there with the ones who lifted that trophy in Munich. Bertrand did make his breakthrough that night, but unfortunately that was not enough to make him Cole's long time successor.

He is still young and we will most certainly hear from him again, and possibly enjoy see him play for the Three Lions.

Disappointed with that. Would have loved to have seen him as our number 1 left back next season with Azpi on the right.

Good luck Ryan. Will never be forgotten after playing your part on that glorious night in Munich.

Even though I'm convinced that this is probably in his best interest, I'm still sad to see him go. He's a hard working guy who always gives his best and rarely put a foot in wrong in all of his time here. Very consistent player even if rarely outstanding. His attitude has always been top notch. How many loans did he go on to lower divisions while patiently waiting for his chance even though everyone rated PVA more than him?

Unfortunately, Jose was not willing to give him a real chance. Not last season when Ash went out of favor and Jose decided to try a RB instead of him nor this season where we paid A LOT of money for an experienced backup instead of having him.

To me, he'll always be one of the eleven heroes that started in Munich. Thanks for everything, Ryan. I genuinely wish to see many more achievements in your future.

lets hope we dont lose Ake

the sad truth, that exactly will be happen

Because we have absolute problem to integrate youth

Our manager asking something very hard to every youngster we have

They require our youngster SUDDENLY have excellent confidence, not looking inexperience

which is exactly can growing ONLY of their get match time

He expected youngster to somehow grow as player by playing only twice for whole season. (HOW really that could possible ? )

In short, our manager asking something impossible

No matter how talented they are, how exciting they are, and even have good patient

But as long our youngster SUDDENLY didnt have mentally close to mature mentality like first team player, they have no chance to grow.

It means NO FUTURE for them in this club

Even some player had some fine cameo performance for 10-15 minutes like also happen to IRC, mou dont give a shit to try to giving him room to make mistake for development time

There is no place for LB in the team for the next years. Ake will go too since he can't play as a CB because for that he would need to be taller, and even in the DM its not the best think to have a player like that. The only option for him would be LB but in there we have 2 great players.

Good luck for Bertrand.

We should have brought in back to fight it out with 29 yo Luis while Azpi returns to his natural position at right back which would have worked out better for us considering Ivanovic's form this season which is inconsistent and awful at times. He also had the added benefit of being homegrown, nevermind that he's actually a very good and reliable left back. Even the fee is relatively bad for a player of his quality and nationality. Is bertrand really £20m worse than Luke shaw?

put all these factors into consideration and this transfer suddenly looks bad. But I guess some people can't see the big picture.

I'm afraid we have done another sturridge here.

He's a good player, but i read him say earlier he didn't want to be backup anymore and wants to play regularly - which is what he deserves.

But he won't start for Chelsea with Ivanovic 'owning' the RB position and forcing Azpi to play at LB.