Ryan Bertrand

DavidEU

Ryan Bertrand picks his #One2Eleven

He picked 8 Chelsea/ex-Chelsea players...in a 3-1-4-2 system.

I just love reading stuff like this :)

STRIKER – Didier Drogba: He’s been an unbelievable player for Chelsea over the years – for me more so away from the pitch. He’s a very good role model. There was one time in the FA Cup final when I’d played most of the games and then got injured in the semis and didn’t get back in the team. We won the final and the team was celebrating. Didier came up to me after the game and asked if I got a medal. When I said no, he gave me his one. It was an unbelievable thing to do.

is 56 appearances not enough?

Should have had even more games, he was the best chance in a while of bringing someone through from our academy and we didn't. It wasn't under straight forward circumstances but it'll be a while before we get that opportunity again.

Should have had even more games, he was the best chance in a while of bringing someone through from our academy and we didn't. It wasn't under straight forward circumstances but it'll be a while before we get that opportunity again.

He was unlucky in a sense, Rafa liked heavy rotation in the side, which meant there was enough games for Bertrand (especially with Europa). Jose however builds stability on his back line, he has a core set of 4 or 5 defenders and any in behind literally only have capital one games or when there's injury's to the first choice player's.

If Mourinho rotated defence like he does attacking midfield, Bertrand would probably still be here, but he doesn't.

With him at Southampton and they doing good he might be one of the few loans that makes up some nice profit.

I wonder how much he will go for this summer?

Think 10-15m would be fair.

Speaking of Bertrand and Southampton...

Southampton boss Ronald Koeman wants to make Ryan Bertrand's loan deal permanent

Good luck to him. He seems to have found his level in a decent side capable of competing for a Europa League place.

Quite a few Southampton fans believe he's better than 27m Shaw -_-

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?52149-Ronald-Koeman-says-he-wants-to-sign-Ryan-Bertrand-on-a-permanent-deal

So he is better than Shaw. Everyone wanted Shaw here because of abilty and nationality. The price was only thing why certain people didnt want him here.

But then you see Bertrand, english, better than Shaw so far and completely free, our youth product.

Yet no one here even blinks with eye that we might keep him.

Ridiculous how neighbours grass is always greener, and how little actual interest in our youth players is here. I see everyday here people talking about giving youngsters a chance, and now that we actualy have a player who is good (not youngster but academy player still) and no one would like to see him get a real chance here, yet there were people crying and raging when even less prowen Shaw went to United.

Wish you the best Ryan, I was certain after that CL run that he will be one replacing Ashley in longterm. And he was never bad or average as people point out. He had maybe one off game due to lack of time, but he was good in majority, despite playing without any kind of rhytm.

But Im happy he plays regular football now and showing everyone that he is quality LB.