Ryan Bertrand

DavidEU

He is 25... Luke Shaw is 19,and Shaw is a better player, it's normal that Luke Shaw cost a lot more money.

I dont know what you saw in this player here or in Southampton...

Salah was the star of Basel, Willian was the star of Shaktar and Anzhi, Oscar was a the star in Internacional, Schurrle was a star of Leverkusen... all our players were stars somewhere else. Some play well here, some can't do it. The ones that can't performe are sold and we buy new ones.

It's how it is.

Luis (the best LB of last season in the world) cost 16M£,it's dificult do get more than 10M£ for a player that no one knows who he is. Many here were saying that Cuadrado for more than 15M£ would be a bad business... You need to start watching more than CHelsea games, and CHelsea players.

you have bought into the Shaw Hype // we were SO lucky to dodge him.. HOW LONG HAVE you been watching ANY football

you have bought into the Shaw Hype // we were SO lucky to dodge him.. HOW LONG HAVE you been watching ANY football

Since I was born. Luke Shaw is a really good player and a lot better than Bertrand. I said here I wouldn't pay that amount for Shaw because it would be to much, and because we had more important buys to do... but he is 19, the kid is a really great player and will improve exponentially.

You are all here crying for a bench warmer that showed nothing at Chelsea and he is 25... but at the same time you are really happy that we dodged Shaw... it makes no sense, I'm sorry.

Since I was born. Luke Shaw is a really good player and a lot better than Bertrand. I said here I wouldn't pay that amount for Shaw because it would be to much, and because we had more important buys to do... but he is 19, the kid is a really great player and will improve exponentially.

You are all here crying for a bench warmer that showed nothing at Chelsea and he is 25... but at the same time you are really happy that we dodged Shaw... it makes no sense, I'm sorry.

TELL me HOW many Chelsea games have you seen ,, not highlights but full games/.DO you even know what exponential means ,, Shaw has gone backwards . You

talk rubbish

TELL me HOW many Chelsea games have you seen ,, not highlights but full games/.DO you even know what exponential means ,, Shaw has gone backwards . You

talk rubbish

A lot of games. Yes I know what exponentialy means. It's really interesting how you talk about Luke Shaw (a player that is for example younger than Ake), compared with the way you talk about a average player like Bertrand.

I'm not the one talking rubbish in here.

I didn't say he's ready yet. But the season he's having at Southampton now clearly shows he's no chump. In fact everytime he's actually been given a chance with us he's never done a job. He's learned from Ashley very well in that aspect. Again, he's only 25. Why couldn't he turn out into a world beater? With the right coaching, as he's showing now, he can do a very solid job.

You've also described having 3 players for 2 positions. Where's the logic there? Rule of thumb, 2 players per position. It's the way José has always operated and having a small squad could end up costing us.

All I'm suggesting is, there was a future where Bertrand could've been challenging at LB as Luis got older and Ryan grew more mature. I guess we'll have to regret it by spending big again when Luis' decline comes.

I also forgot Ake who can play as a LB as well as DM. Zouma as well, capable of playing as right full back, in defense we are pretty much covered for depth. Having players who can play different positions is useful and also means you can get other players in the squad. There's no point having 2 LBs and 2 RBs if you can have a player like Azpilicueta who can play both positions as well as 2 other top full backs (Ivanovic and Luis) and when you look at all three of them, who rarely have been injured over the last 4 or 5 seasons and have a pretty good record in their full careers in terms of physical condition and how often they are injured in their careers, it makes no sense to have 4 full backs when you can have one who can play both sides if it means you can get another CM or CF in your 25 man squad, 4 fullbacks for 3 options in the 18 man squad? Bertrand would have been left out every week.

There was maybe a slight slight chance in a future but once again as we've seen with Lukaku and De Bruyne with their loan spells, playing good for Southampton when your undisputed first choice, in a good rhythm of games, playing regularly, is one thing mate but for Chelsea where your not even first or even second choice, competing to get a shirt, with a huge pressure on you each game, it is even more difficult. This may sound harsh but I don't think he was ever good enough to take over from Ash, if Jose could have not spent 20M on Filipe Luis because Bertrand was good enough then I'm sure he would of gotten a chance to play but he is in nowhere near the same bracket as Azpi or Luis.

Judging by how things are going, we'll be lucky to even have one player who we can say "he's one of us" and/or "he gets us" in the first team in the future.

I think that was one of the reasons to bring Didier back. We've lost a lot of people who know "how to win" and know the "Chelsea way". Luckily Cesc already has that mentality, along with Didier and JT and to a lesser extent Iva Cech and Mikel.

Azpi and Matic seem to be on their way, but that is why we need to win trophies and play cup finals and title deciding matches. That experience is what creates that kind of mentality.

I think that was one of the reasons to bring Didier back. We've lost a lot of people who know "how to win" and know the "Chelsea way". Luckily Cesc already has that mentality, along with Didier and JT and to a lesser extent Iva Cech and Mikel.

Azpi and Matic seem to be on their way, but that is why we need to win trophies and play cup finals and title deciding matches. That experience is what creates that kind of mentality.

Not sure if Fabregas actually loves the club but he definitely has the drive and determination to succeed here, which of course is not a bad thing. It's just that we lack the people who are actually emotionally attached to the club, apart from some of the ones you mentioned.

Or we could look at it another way, we finished 6th that season and was a complete mess domestically so the fact most of that squad has been overhauled is a good thing.

Gosh Tomo. You really do love to spoil sentimental moments by constantly mentioning the 6th-placed finish, don't you?

If he couldn't make it here don't expect any of the others coming up to do so either.

I like Luis, but he was the epitome of an unnecessary buy.

could not agree more. whats worse is that ryan was not given a chance to prove himself.

He had 38 games in 12-13

and he was as good as cole if not better even then in 12-13.

btw, i should have made it clear that i meant under jose. especially since cole had a horrendous start to the last campaign and yet bertrand was not given a look in. he fit the profile of a jose defender so well. brilliant work rate. solid in defence. always putting in 7/10 performances. and on the first decent chance he has got in his career, he is showing what he is capable of.

Not sure if Fabregas actually loves the club but he definitely has the drive and determination to succeed here, which of course is not a bad thing. It's just that we lack the people who are actually emotionally attached to the club, apart from some of the ones you mentioned.

Fabregas loves more than anything to win and not in a selfish way. And he, from day one, seemed to embrace the group mentality. That's close enough for now.

:cry:

B87xVDYCMAE0xHI.jpg

Looking at it now i still can't believe that out of all the teams we've had, THIS was the one that won it. I mean we had Bosingwa, Cahill and Luiz in defence with Mikel shielding them. Kalou and Berty on wings. Seriously, how did we pull it off?

Looking at it now i still can't believe that out of all the teams we've had, THIS was the one that won it. I mean we had Bosingwa, Cahill and Luiz in defence with Mikel shielding them. Kalou and Berty on wings. Seriously, how did we pull it off?

3 years on I still can't find a logical explanation, it was truly remarkable.

Also goes to show that judging manager's on success in knockout cups is very dangerous, for example if Ramos header was a couple of inches to the left Reals season would have been an epic failure instead of an outstanding success.