Ryan Bertrand

DavidEU

He's still needed here. all we have to do is switch azpi back to his natural position and let him be back up to filipe. The funny thing is that what he's doing this season at Southampton, He was also doing with us but people always see the grass as greener on the otherside. I promise you he hasn't just started performing like a very competent and accomplished leftback this season.

he's been doing that since he was prmoted to the Chelsea first team but people see what they want to see. Some of us recognmised this but others chose to label him average and midtable level talent.

well said ,, totally under rated ...

He's still needed here. all we have to do is switch azpi back to his natural position and let him be back up to filipe. The funny thing is that what he's doing this season at Southampton, He was also doing with us but people always see the grass as greener on the otherside. I promise you he hasn't just started performing like a very competent and accomplished leftback this season.

he's been doing that since he was prmoted to the Chelsea first team but people see what they want to see. Some of us recognmised this but others chose to label him average and midtable level talent.

We'd be over him like a rash if he had a name like Ryaninho and cost £15m from some Brazilian/Spanish/Portuguese club.

You know what I remember, when I pointed out to the ones labelling him average that he done a very good job in every game he played. I cannot recall one game where he was a liability for us. People were trying to judge his loan at Villa as evidence he was not good enough to play here and as I was saying when you are playing for a team like Villa whose style is so dull of course he will not be able to showcase his talents but at a free flowing team like Southampton we are seeing the best of him.

But you know what if he was here he would have been used like Luis and played back up to Azpi and he would not have been happy so I am happy he has gone and playing regular football at a very good team and proving he is a quality LB. His defensive awareness is quality as well, not just his attacking. Ideally the best scenario for me would to see him be our future no.1 LB but I know what will never happen unfortunately.

You know what I remember, when I pointed out to the ones labelling him average that he done a very good job in every game he played. I cannot recall one game where he was a liability for us. People were trying to judge his loan at Villa as evidence he was not good enough to play here and as I was saying when you are playing for a team like Villa whose style is so dull of course he will not be able to showcase his talents but at a free flowing team like Southampton we are seeing the best of him.

But you know what if he was here he would have been used like Luis and played back up to Azpi and he would not have been happy so I am happy he has gone and playing regular football at a very good team and proving he is a quality LB. His defensive awareness is quality as well, not just his attacking. Ideally the best scenario for me would to see him be our future no.1 LB but I know what will never happen unfortunately.

Precisely. The funny thing is those who label him an average player are the same people that consider Ivanovic world class whe in reality Bertrand is more consistent (defensively) and makes far less defensive mistakes.

Precisely. The funny thing is those who label him an average player are the same people that consider Ivanovic world class whe in reality Bertrand is more consistent (defensively) and makes far less defensive mistakes.

Well ivanovics best skills are truly elite (strength , headers), bertrand is well rounded with no major weakness nor outstanding abilities.

Well ivanovics best skills are truly elite (strength , headers), bertrand is well rounded with no major weakness nor outstanding abilities.

Well, his pace is pretty outstanding. Creativity also pretty outstanding for a fullback. Going forward he's been the best LB in the league along with Baines.

I still can't figure out what Jose didn't like in this kid. Chelsea lad & played a part in one of the Club's Biggest moments. I hope we don't let him go.

I'll be honest, if playing in the CL final for your club means you should be in the 2014-15 Chelsea squad then get Kalou and Malouda back. I hate to say it but hes only just a decent full back, not much else than that to be honest although I remember the cracking game he had at the Emirates before we played Barca in the CL at the Bridge under Robbie and also in the league cup under Jose last year against Arsenal he was good I thought.

And all in all, would it be good for his career to keep him here when hes never gonna get a game ahead of much more superior players in Felipe Luis and Cesar Azpilicueta? No.

I'll be honest, if playing in the CL final for your club means you should be in the 2014-15 Chelsea squad then get Kalou and Malouda back. I hate to say it but hes only just a decent full back, not much else than that to be honest although I remember the cracking game he had at the Emirates before we played Barca in the CL at the Bridge under Robbie and also in the league cup under Jose last year against Arsenal he was good I thought.

And all in all, would it be good for his career to keep him here when hes never gonna get a game ahead of much more superior players in Felipe Luis and Cesar Azpilicueta? No.

My, my. The voice of reason.

I take it that means someone who voices your opinions,

there are many reasonable posters on here who rate Bertrand.

you have an interesting favourite player

Haha. You're absolutely right, I do rate Bertrand.

I hope for the best for this kid.

Said it before, never had a bad game in my memory but for some reason when he did play our goals came from that side, again I can't remember Bertrand making a mistake persay.

There's alot more we do not see, we see match performances and very very very limited training footage for obvious reasons.

I feel sorry for him but if he's not being put into the team then there has to be a reason that is football or personal related that the staff do not like.

I'd love it if he came back in the summer and was given a fair crack because it LOOKS like he could give us something with hazard but it's down to Jose and preferring Dave for defensive structure and Luis for attacking structure.

Another thing to bare in mind is that lukaku syndrome, one thing to play for Southampton, another for Chelsea.

I'm so disappointed in the board for the treatment of Ryan he is a quality left back and definitely should be with us and not on loan

What the board has to do anything with this?

Mourinho preferred azpi over him, so nothing more to say.