Nemanja Matic

.Cee

11 minutes ago, Polo7 said:

That was his responsibility here too. He didnt have many performances like today did he? Its a new team, he is trying extra hard to impress. Plus West ham were woeful.

Eh, that was his job during our previous title win with Cesc beside him. He had a different role last season where he got forward much more and did more running.

When he's able to just keep things simple and play a supporting role he's top class still.

28 minutes ago, Beigl said:

I agree with Polo7. Also flat track bullying was never the problem with Matic as we saw the last three seasons and today. He always does well when the other team doesn't commit many players forward. But as soon as the opposition has decent midfielders who pass the ball around he is chasing shadows all day long and he simply doesn't possess the stamina and physicality to do anything about it.

Well he did pretty well against Real Madrid and most people consider Kroos-Casemiro-Modric to be the best midfield in the world. But, let's wait till he has a few games against top teams in the PL before judging one way or the other.

Either way, I'm still not fussed about the sale. Matic isn't best suited to play next to Kante so I understand the reasoning why a new player was bought in Bakayoko and him arriving caused Matic to want to leave. I don't quite like the fact he was sold to a rival, but as long as we get an adequate replacement for his role in the squad (right now only injured Bakayoko has come in for Matic&Chalobah) I'm not going to complain no matter how well he does there because based on his performances for Chelsea there weren't many who opposed to the sale in the first place. And let's not forget pretty much none of United's fans wanted him either because they'd seen his games at Chelsea in the last couple of seasons and weren't convinced.

I dont care if he ends up shit or brilliant at united, as long our board gets a fucking replacement as good as Matic. 

If they fail to do that, they should never sell Matic in first place ffs.

Even selling Matic, leaving us thight against burnley and spurs is a mess itself. 

Getting Drinkwater for 30m in the end wouldnt solve shit either. We would only splash that goody money united gave us, the fee we couldnt "refuse" on average player. Yeah, brilliant job.

Not a single positive in selling Matic unless we actualy get quality midfielder, which we obviously wont. 

And whats worse, Matic himself may not play brilliant whole season, but he makes others play better, say whatever you want, Its true. And we just sold him to a team that needs such player badly. 

Simply put, he has become motivated again. However, either his motivation or stamina will eventually fade at points during the season.

I think we could all see he was not the same player after we won the title the first time. Performing against teams like West Ham was never really an issue with him anyway.

People have a point when mentioning his stamina issue and being out-played. His 'performance' against Arsenal in the cup final was honestly one of the worst displays I have ever witnessed from a Chelsea player. For some reason, he was pressing high (as if he was Kante) and was completely useless. It was embarassing how poor he was. These performances were becoming more frequent in his last 18 months.

It would be very useful to have him now, no doubt. However, for such a gangly and slow-ish player he is surprisingly reliant on his movement around the pitch and is now approaching 30. I would not bet on him having as good a season as he's had for us in the past.

In the long term, I think we sold him at the right time in many ways. In the short term, I don't think we sold him at the right time of the month or at the right price. We should have hung on to him for as long as possible and not let United have such a settled 11 before us at the start of the season. He can also be the difference of them challenging for the title and that is worth well more than what we sold him for... 

I think United will get a solid year or two out of him before the shades of decline turns into a rapid descent. Mourinho never really is one for 'planning for the future'. 

Weird thing is - he wasn't involved in our trainings from 2 months ago, even before United rumors started to kick in . I assume even then he said to the club that he wants out and knew his old pal Jose is interested, but offer wasn't on the table. I don't believe that club just froze him out like that, with no offers at the table, it gotta be something he initiated.

So...

Should've he been sold? Yes.

Should've he been sold until proper replacement is secured? No.

Let's move on, what's done is done. It's a decent fail, but we can still fix it.

36 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

I dont care if he ends up shit or brilliant at united, as long our board gets a fucking replacement as good as Matic. 

If they fail to do that, they should never sell Matic in first place ffs.

Even selling Matic, leaving us thight against burnley and spurs is a mess itself. 

Getting Drinkwater for 30m in the end wouldnt solve shit either. We would only splash that goody money united gave us, the fee we couldnt "refuse" on average player. Yeah, brilliant job.

Not a single positive in selling Matic unless we actualy get quality midfielder, which we obviously wont. 

And whats worse, Matic himself may not play brilliant whole season, but he makes others play better, say whatever you want, Its true. And we just sold him to a team that needs such player badly. 

your opinion ... Completely respect that. 

But my argument would always the same like the earlier one ... Why do we have to sell him to our rival, even if that mean that we are going to get a new quality replacement. 

For me, Matic is like the missing piece in Jose's puzzle ... He can revive his career playing as a DM shielding the defense while giving a free hand to the other Midfielders. We are just showing that we are stupid by doing it ... the best of the analysts are baffled with this decision. Lot of the sensible United fans have been scathing their heads as to how they landed Matic. Today's game just proved that what value can Matic bring (whether he succeeds or not is in Matic's hands but he surely has a platform)  ... I know it was only West Ham but yest it was only Burnley!!! 

4 minutes ago, coolhead23 said:

your opinion ... Completely respect that. 

But my argument would always the same like the earlier one ... Why do we have to sell him to our rival, even if that mean that we are going to get a new quality replacement. 

For me, Matic is like the missing piece in Jose's puzzle ... He can revive his career playing as a DM shielding the defense while giving a free hand to the other Midfielders. We are just showing that we are stupid by doing it ... the best of the analysts are baffled with this decision. Lot of the sensible United fans have been scathing their heads as to how they landed Matic. Today's game just proved that what value can Matic bring (whether he succeeds or not is in Matic's hands but he surely has a platform)  ... I know it was only West Ham but yest it was only Burnley!!! 

I absolutely agree with you. What I meant, the only reason I would somehow understand the sale is if we get better, younger midfielder, but seems that wont be the case. 

But on larger scale, as you said we gave our rival exactly what they needed. PL will be won against westhams, and even if Matic plays shit against top 6, he will be key for United against everyone else, and in that case United can win title much easier with Matic help. We gave them very important player. 

Nevermind the worst scenario what happens if Bakayoko somehow doesnt play well here? Matic should be kept until january at least to see if Baka can hold his position alone, meanwhile we would identify proper competitive midfielder, sign him and sell Matic. What we did in reality is beyond any reason ffs. Even if Matic eventualy flops entirely, the sheer prospect of what he can do for United tells you not to sell him to rival.

Yeah there is little logic in it. A lot of sport pundits and that seem baffled by the move. Fair enough sell him but to a rival? If it strengthens them which from today looks the case then what's the point? Get it day one and all but still...

Then again I wouldn't say their titles rivals as I can't us challenging us for it as it stands...

But what can you do..people see it before it happens and get proved right..just not the board and people 

31 minutes ago, El P. said:

Weird thing is - he wasn't involved in our trainings from 2 months ago, even before United rumors started to kick in . I assume even then he said to the club that he wants out and knew his old pal Jose is interested, but offer wasn't on the table. I don't believe that club just froze him out like that, with no offers at the table, it gotta be something he initiated.

So...

Should've he been sold? Yes.

Should've he been sold until proper replacement is secured? No.

Let's move on, what's done is done. It's a decent fail, but we can still fix it.

Whats realy funny is he trained on his own and looks better prepared than our entire squad atm.

Might be just motivation playing for new club, but in that case the fuck is with our players if they dont have motivation to retain title...

I seriously cant explain why sometimes most of our team looks like they couldnt give two shits and the moment we say they might not be first option, they start thinking about move to United where they get super motivated (not all players but most does look like that). 

And back then we read all kind od stuff players turned against Mourinho and yet we see Mata, Lukaku and Matic, three players that could blame Jose the most, rejoined with him, seem very happy. Maybe behind the scenes Jose aint that ego fucker that media presents him to be.

Hyperboles aside, Matic is a very good player. An important player in not one, but 2 PL wins.

Perhaps it's personal preferences in the way of reason because I cannot possible agree with the notion that Matic is an only decent, or bad player, for example. Especially when all evidence (pick any one) points otherwise.

Which bears the question: are we too nice to other top PL clubs (our opponents)? We keep selling them our good players, but I don't see any of their good players coming our way.

2 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Then again I wouldn't say their titles rivals as I can't us challenging us for it as it stands... 

This is whats alot more worrying than Matic case alone.

We comfortably finished first, United 6th yet two months later they look far far bigger title challengers than we do. 

Maybe we dont have whole picture and we will get reinforcements and get realy realy good, but as it stands right now, seems we took 5 steps backwards in summer and that is not acceptable by any level of explanation. 

It just goes that someone(s) at this club are unfit to make us a better and more competitive club.

Have wrote this in other thread. The way we deal with Bakayoko (fully aware that he will be not available immediately) and then selling Matic without buying a replacement is the biggest mistake we have made this summer. It's really okay if either RLC, Ake, Chalobah or Baker staying, but it is not the case either. Basically we are fully aware that only Fabregas and Kante will be available since the opening match. And that's crazy.

11 hours ago, Beigl said:

But as soon as the opposition has decent midfielders who pass the ball around he is chasing shadows all day long ...

:D:D:D

Good one! I like your Jokes, Beigl ...

May I add some Jokes from other Forum Members and shining Couch Professionals about Matic ... (Although I suppose they were not always meant to be Jokes) ...

He is not a great Player ...

He is slow ...

He can't produce a straight Pass ...

He is a Square Passer ...

He has no Vision ...

He is insecure with the Ball on his Feet ...

He plays Football like an Amateur ...

He is not even fit to sit on our Bench ...

We became Champions with 10 Men, because Matic just stood around all Season long ... (Actually, that's not exactly a Quote, but the Subtext of many Lines I read in the past)

And my favorite one of course (Always a screamer) .... Bakayoko, Fabinhio and Nainggollan can replace him adequately .

As fore all the Forum Members, who are bemoaning his departure ...

Most of you desperately wanted him to leave ... And now he's gone and not a Chelsea Player anymore.

So stop bemoaning the Transfer and get over it ffs.