Nemanja Matic

.Cee

This has to be the most contradicting thread on this forum.
It's not only the fans who are contradicting themselves. Even the deluded commentators and pundits of this world jump on the bandwagon and praise Matic as if he is one of the best midfielders in the world. Can't remember them praising him that much when he was still with us. Typical United media..

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Tautvix said:

So guys who defended Matic's selling...

Was selling Matic for £40M and replacing him with £35M Drinkwater was a good business?

Dont you know that Matic is a below average player who is not going to do shit at United. They are doomed!!! 

I am sick and tired of everyone going on and on about selling Matic to Utd. Especially the press and pundits. I personally think there was nothing wrong with the transfer. We got what we wanted in value and I believe Bakayako is by far a better prospect for years to come.

From what I recall he was trolled on this forum after many many inconsistent performances. Many wanted him dropped in favour of Fabregas. Must admit he did have some cracking performances but he was never consistent with awful passing ability,. I believe we have done excellent in this transfer window contrary to what the majority of press and many on this forum. After the burnley Blip we are back in business andI can see another 13+ games unbeaten run on the Horizon. Just a bit concerned about Roma and Athletico in CL, although I am optimistic we will come through finishing second wit 11 points

On 20 August, 2017 at 5:16 AM, Beigl said:
On 20 August, 2017 at 1:46 AM, BluesMadLad said:
This has to be the most contradicting thread on this forum.

It's not only the fans who are contradicting themselves. Even the deluded commentators and pundits of this world jump on the bandwagon and praise Matic as if he is one of the best midfielders in the world. Can't remember them praising him that much when he was still with us. Typical United media..

Couldn't agree more. Whilst I don't read too much what the pundits and press say, I am very surprised how many on this forum think that selling him was the biggest mistake. He was absolutely trolled here for  many his performances.

• 2 weeks later...

The press is doing what it does: selling news and United has more fans, local and abroad. It's just natural Matic is getting more attention now than when at Chelsea.

Speak for myself of course as I never wanted Fabregas to replace Matic in the starting XI...

Let me put it this way: Baka and Drinkwarer still have to produce several!! MotM performances, in pretty tough away matches too, to properly replace matic in my book.

Yes, Matic had bad patches and a bad season, just like Hazard. It happens esp when players overextend themselves as they did in Jose's winning season.

Now he already has MotM performances for United (well at least one), which is totally unsurprising to me. Perhaps he's just a very good player? :rolleyes:

41 minutes ago, Robguima said:

The press is doing what it does: selling news and United has more fans, local and abroad. It's just natural Matic is getting more attention now than when at Chelsea.

Speak for myself of course as I never wanted Fabregas to replace Matic in the starting XI...

Let me put it this way: Baka and Drinkwarer still have to produce several!! MotM performances, in pretty tough away matches too, to properly replace matic in my book.

Yes, Matic had bad patches and a bad season, just like Hazard. It happens esp when players overextend themselves as they did in Jose's winning season.

Now he already has MotM performances for United (well at least one), which is totally unsurprising to me. Perhaps he's just a very good player? :rolleyes:

I don't think anyone wanted Fabregas to replace Matic in the starting XI.

If we want to dominate decent to good opposition, the 2 CM's have to be Bakayoko and Kante.

Either bring Fabregas off the bench or play him slightly higher up the pitch where his lack of defensive ability can be covered up..

14 minutes ago, Miki-Liki said:

He's a donkey who gets exposed under the slightest pressure to and he got carried to two titles. It's quite logical that he will seem better in a team which is supposed to be in control most of the time.

At what point is he not carried to a title?

His first title with Chelsea he was a bonafide starter, and last year he played enough to have had a pretty significant helping hand in us winning it.

If he wins it this year with United, after playing at the current level he has been playing these pas few games, then I don't think anybody can take that away from him. He is a proven entity in this league.

4 hours ago, Miki-Liki said:

He's a donkey who gets exposed under the slightest pressure to and he got carried to two titles. It's quite logical that he will seem better in a team which is supposed to be in control most of the time.

I seriously hope your joking.

He's been one of the standout CM in the PL so far for me and it's no surprise United are sitting joint at the top of the league now that they've added that balance to their team. He's pretty fucking excellent for a donkey. Okay sure Baka has age on his side being younger than him but they aren't exactly the same player and for me, he would of been a better option than Danny Drinkwater.

Like mentioned above he's proven in the PL and if he wasn't 29 and was a bit younger, people would be annoyed with the decision the club made even more than they are now because it was widely reported that Conte wanted to keep Nemanja (despite what people were made to believe). We didn't need to sell, we turned down a fortune for Diego Costa in January so it isn't like we were struggling for 40M. Just baffles me.

• 1 month later...

I think it's starting to become clear his ability isn't so 'Oh my lord why did Chelsea sell him to us he's gonna win us the league and everything else'. A good player, but he has some very evident flaws. Not 100% buying into this whole 'he's tired' thing either.

Relentlessly kills any kind of tempo. I know it’s not his job and all but since he is a footballer who have gotten a lot of early season praise, it’s worth noting the limitations. 

It's not his first poor game though, was barely in the game vs Liverpool. Like I say, i think many (myself included) have jumped the gun on his ability.

Seems like people on redcafe realise that they didn´t sign prime Zidane after all.

4 hours ago, Beigl said:

Seems like people on redcafe realise that they didn´t sign prime Zidane after all.

He is actually a perfect partner for Pogba. Now Pogba is injured,  Matic and united is no longer the all conquering team. But it happen to every team when your most important player got injured you will not be the same team 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

And what are they saying about Nemanja? Are they still raving about him or is that delusion crumbling too?
Yes. I have been to redcafe some weeks ago and they realised that he isn't that good. Even posted some quotes on here.

On 20/09/2017 at 5:15 PM, OneMoSalah said:

...Like mentioned above he's proven in the PL..

Proven to be severely limited. I suppose I'd better add, in my opinion, for complete correctness but it's there to be seen.

it was widely reported that Conte wanted to keep Nemanja (despite what people were made to believe).

That's not my reading of the runes at all. It may be that Antonio did not want to sell Nemanja to a perceived rival but it does not look to me like he was desperate to keep him. The boss commented that he had a conversation with Matic and our ex player decided to leave. Sounds like Nemanja didn't hear what he wanted to hear during that exchange. Also, if Antonio wanted to hang on to the Serbian, he's not likely to have banished him to train with the stiffs as he did from preseason until the move was completed.

We didn't need to sell, we turned down a fortune for Diego Costa in January so it isn't like we were struggling for 40M. Just baffles me.

The sale did not, and does not, bother me in the slightest. If anything baffles me it is why anyone would be upset that we sold Nemanja to a top six club. Win/win if you ask me.